Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Rd 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight Frampton's opponent left him to double team Tex...
Rarely. They tried a couple of times in the last quarter, but it didn't work.

Perhaps that will become a direction for defenders in future weeks, considering Tex's form? You SO rarely see that in the modern game, but it's pretty rare to see a player going as well as Tex is currently.

Doedee was on 5AA after the game and mentioned that understanding the gameplan was something they struggled with at times last year, which led to them doing a lot of running around without much method to any of it. Said they spent a good deal of the pre-season going through that stuff and making sure everyone knew all that stuff and it's really starting to click for them, especially in areas where because they know the gameplan they can coach themselves out there and not have to wait until Nicks corrects everything from in the box.
The most exciting thing to see is watching the team put into play at least 2-3 different game approaches depending on what the other team is doing. Means the coaches are super clear and everyone has a role. So good to see

I went to the game and am normally positive but not this week. I thought our midfield was average at best. There were times that we didn’t get near it, we lack outside speed and some genuine toughness. We were very lucky to win this game and only won because of Tex, who has been absolutely outstanding. The stats are misleading as Gold Coasts mids were much better then ours all day.
Our young player all had there moments and showed a glimpse into the future. The future is promising and it was a good win, best thing for me was our young players given responsibility and are learning from the Experienced guys. Nicks and his coaching panel have fully embraced the rebuild and are not shying away from development for a few extra wins. Keep up the good work
Definitely an issue with speed I think. There was one play where Markov got it through the middle, Keays and McHenry were chasing and he absolutely left them in the dust. Keays isn't our fastest guy, but he's not the slowest either and he didn't have a chance of getting near him. If I had to guess that was the play Markov got to a game high 32.4 KM/H, our best results were McAdam at 32 KM/H and Kelly at 31 KM/H, neither of whom are in the midfield.

I am worried if Tex has a day out against North and Freo that the week after against Hawthorn he'll be "taken out" by Clarkson

I would not be sending Tex to Tasmania even if he kicks another 6 against North

Definitely an issue with speed I think. There was one play where Markov got it through the middle, Keays and McHenry were chasing and he absolutely left them in the dust. Keays isn't our fastest guy, but he's not the slowest either and he didn't have a chance of getting near him. If I had to guess that was the play Markov got to a game high 32.4 KM/H, our best results were McAdam at 32 KM/H and Kelly at 31 KM/H, neither of whom are in the midfield.
Markovs standout attribute is his straight-line speed. You don't get those opportunities much though in a game.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't watch the SANFL game today?

Himmelberg looked disinterested for major parts of the game and his cement hands have returned. 8 disposals, if he comes in off of today's efforts in the SANFL we're not serious. He needs to pull his finger out big time, towered over his opponents but 3 marks all day? toss up between him and Davis who had the least impact of the AFL listed players.
Yep but he could be a statue and compete better than Billy did out there last night

we basically played 1 short , winning move was getting Billy off and Berry deep for when game was there to be won

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I've said it before as well that Frampton is Brad Moran 2.0.

I can't believe Port supporters used to talk him up as some young up and coming superstar, but they do have a habit of massively overrating their players.

He's a garbage tier player and should be well behind both Berg and Thilthorpe.

As much as I want to agree, Himmelberg was almost WOG in the sanfl and Thilthorpe aside from 1 good mark was unsighted

After seeing Lynch slip over and get hit in the head by the ball, followed by Laird streaming into goal and falling flat on his face, then Smith (?) handballing into the back of Seedsman's head... I thought oh well, good game but we're probably not going to hang on here.

But we offset these comedic moments with some clutch plays and composure at the death

It was like Richie Douglas had been reincarnated

Yep but he could be a statue and compete better than Billy did out there last night

we basically played 1 short , winning move was getting Billy off and Berry deep for when game was there to be won
Like I said you couldn't have watched watched the SANFL game, there appears to be something up with Himmelberg, he's playing DGAF football, he's bigger. taller, stronger and I daresay more athletic than his Panthers opponents but there was zero urgency about his football. Maybe he's got the shits with Frampton getting the gig ahead of him but it's up to him to get his head around that and perform to force the selection panel's hand.

Disappointing that in Murray's second game of AFL he had no influence whatsoever. Unsighted on the field.
Interesting that they didn't put him in the middle of the circle, for the gatorade shower. This was Murray's first win, albeit as a non-activated sub.

Hawthorn put their debutant in the circle in R1, despite him not being activated. Adelaide didn't do the same for Murray.

I wonder if this was an oversight, or a deliberate decision by the club?

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching Tex and Sloane turn back into the best they've ever been hopefully suggests the culture of playing senor players under duress has been binned. I'm fully expecting Talia to return in absolutely perfect condition and raring to go. If you'd asked me 3 weeks ago I'd have said he'll be rushed in totally underdone and be horrible until he builds fitness getting beaten each week. In fact you wouldn't even need to ask me, I'd have told you given any opportunity and probably posted it numerous times totally off topic.
So you have jumped off the Sloane is rubbish bandwagon.... ;)

Interesting that they didn't put him in the middle of the circle, for the gatorade shower. This was Murray's first win, albeit as a non-activated sub.

Hawthorn put their debutant in the circle in R1, despite him not being activated. Adelaide didn't do the same for Murray.

I wonder if this was an oversight, or a deliberate decision by the club?

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think Nicks would want to celebrate a player's first win when they didn't actually play

Similar to how he doesn't want to wear the home jumper for pre-season games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back