List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Richmond develop their 3 premierships around Reiwoldt or Martin?
If he develops as the recruiters expect he will be more comparable to Cotchin than Martin. Cotchin v.s. Riewoldt is a more interesting question.

Silly to be going this early on the draft picks of course, but given we don't have the best track record with the higher selections you can see why even the smallest hint of us getting it wrong raises eyebrows.

Did Richmond develop their 3 premierships around Reiwoldt or Martin?

nothing like using the exception rather than the rule as a prime example. And to think I had this in mind when I wrote it. So predictable. s**t draft decision. Period. Indefensible at that. Laughable people here are crying out for a key forward 3 rounds in. Missed the boat. laughed when I read McDonald wasn’t the lost highly rated kp at the draft. Even your one eye is blind.
so history would suggest that all the greatest sides had a dominant mid as the nucleus’s of the side. Not a key forward? tell him he’s dreaming.....

No, there wasn't. Knightmare's opinions are worth sh*t all and he's the one that threw around that tag.

I could come up with at least 5 major misjudgments he made on last year's draft alone (his views on Callow, Maher, Cox and Powell immediately spring to mind as embarrassing), mostly because he doesn't appear watch football or know anything about identifying AFL-level talent. He's an absolute fraud who follows the crowd as the year unfolds
nothing like using the exception rather than the rule as a prime example. And to think I had this in mind when I wrote it. So predictable. sh*t draft decision. Period. Indefensible at that. Laughable people here are crying out for a key forward 3 rounds in. Missed the boat. laughed when I read McDonald wasn’t the lost highly rated kp at the draft. Even your one eye is blind.
so history would suggest that all the greatest sides had a dominant mid as the nucleus’s of the side. Not a key forward? tell him he’s dreaming.....

He’s the 3rd best Tall in the draft.

JUH and Cox > McDonald.

Hollands is the one anyway, relax, the buyers remorse hasn’t even begun yet.

nothing like using the exception rather than the rule as a prime example. And to think I had this in mind when I wrote it. So predictable. sh*t draft decision. Period. Indefensible at that. Laughable people here are crying out for a key forward 3 rounds in. Missed the boat. laughed when I read McDonald wasn’t the lost highly rated kp at the draft. Even your one eye is blind.
Who was the last key forward to win a Norm Smith?

Muppet. Are you one of those having a sook because Larkey doesn't have support in the forward line? Shall we draft a 'Riewoldt' type if they are available? Nah. Let's draft more mids and they can kick it to our directionless forward line. Top quality mids need a dominant focal point. Let's draft some more mids to become that focal point. Defend the recruiting all you like. but it's been total s**t for years and this is the icing on the cake. Again - just so you don't get confused you simpleton - we need a KPF and we drafted a mid. There are far fewer talented KPF than there are Mids. Have i broken it down it enough or shall we resort to childish name calling again? I can do both. For far longer than you i suspect....

We’ve got 3 high quality 188+ cm wingman developing, in Scott, Thomas & Stephenson.

Pretty f***** exciting. All three were huge in the 3Q against the Crows.

Tarryn Thomas is not a winger.

Also, I think we should be worrying more about centre square height. Who cares if the wingers are 188cm? It's not like they are overhead, contested marking, machines.

I'd rather a 189-190cm midfield beast, patrolling the arcs. And no, it isn't LDU.

Also, I think we should be worrying more about centre square height. Who cares if the wingers are 188cm? It's not like they are overhead, contested marking, machines.

I'd rather a 190cm midfield beast, patrolling the arcs.

Our coach sees him as a utility that will run through midfield (wing) & forward.

I care. I think it’s a positive to have tall utility wingman that have great skills and can kick goals.

I'd rather a 189-190cm midfield beast, patrolling the arcs. And no, it isn't LDU.

How can you write LDU off at this point? He is 21 and has only played 30 odd games due to injuries hampering him.

Forget the Swans kids, and look at the likes of Cerra and Brayshaw who have taken 50+ games to hit their stride.

I've said in another thread that he's realistically 1 more uninterrupted preseason before he breaks out.

How can you write LDU off at this point? He is 21 and has only played 30 odd games due to injuries hampering him.

Forget the Swans kids, and look at the likes of Cerra and Brayshaw who have taken 50+ games to hit their stride.

I've said in another thread that he's realistically 1 more uninterrupted preseason before he breaks out.

I'm not writing him off, he's just not a midfield beast. He's not as tough, as Brayshaw. He's still timid.

Watch him closely. Avoids contact, a fair bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not writing him off, he's just not a midfield beast. He's not as tough, as Brayshaw. He's still timid.

Watch him closely. Avoids contact, a fair bit.

I'll revisit this discussion after this season once he's hit 50 games. If anything, I see him using his physicality to get out of situations where his body is not quite ready yet to his detriment at the moment.

I saw enough on the back end of last season and glimpses this season to see that he CAN become this midfield beast for us.

I'll revisit this discussion after this season once he's hit 50 games. If anything, I see him using his physicality to get out of situations where his body is not quite ready yet to his detriment at the moment.

I saw enough on the back end of last season and glimpses this season to see that he CAN become this midfield beast for us.

I hope you are right, I really do.

The midfield group of Goldstein, Cunnington, Simpkin and LDU has been demolished, in the last two final quarters.

According to David King. 19 v 3, or something like that.

when you strip it down, we need a kpf and we drafted a midfielder. no doubting Both lads are talented, but you can build an entire side around a dominant key forward. Worth the educated punt I would have thought.
McDonald isn't that great tho. He got beaten by the guy Hawthorn picked (DGB) didn't he?

Muppet. Are you one of those having a sook because Larkey doesn't have support in the forward line? Shall we draft a 'Riewoldt' type if they are available? Nah. Let's draft more mids and they can kick it to our directionless forward line. Top quality mids need a dominant focal point. Let's draft some more mids to become that focal point. Defend the recruiting all you like. but it's been total sh*t for years and this is the icing on the cake. Again - just so you don't get confused you simpleton - we need a KPF and we drafted a mid. There are far fewer talented KPF than there are Mids. Have i broken it down it enough or shall we resort to childish name calling again? I can do both. For far longer than you i suspect....
There were four tall players who are probably gonna be as good or better than Logan McDonald in last years draft. JUH, DGB, Thilthorpe and Cox.

There were four tall players who are probably gonna be as good or better than Logan McDonald in last years draft. JUH, DGB, Thilthorpe and Cox.

Well we should have drafted them then. Not hung up on McDonald (though I still think he's the most likely. Time will tell) I simply believe we stuffed it up by opting for a mid rather than a tall. Not a knock on Phillips in the slightest as he has the traits I like in a mid. Talented tall over talented mid is all.

Are you taking Martin over Carey for example? Or Ablett Jnr over Ablett Snr? I'm going the forwards every day of the week.

Well we should have drafted them then. Not hung up on McDonald (though I still think he's the most likely. Time will tell) I simply believe we stuffed it up by opting for a mid rather than a tall. Not a knock on Phillips in the slightest as he has the traits I like in a mid. Talented tall over talented mid is all.

Are you taking Martin over Carey for example? Or Ablett Jnr over Ablett Snr? I'm going the forwards every day of the week.

Or Josh Scache over Clayton Oliver.

lol. hardly a fine example when comparing Abletts and Careys. If anything, it just goes to show how dime a dozen mids are. Oliver is hardly a world beater.

Tambling over Franklin......

see what I did there....

In comparison to who? Barry Cable?

I mean, I'm one eyed North, but even I can admit we'd be pretty thrilled if Tom Powell churned out this in his first 100 games. He's only 23.

1618196929926.png

1618196961560.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back