Preview Changes vs Geelong - Rnd 6, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disagree strongly in tagging Guthrie. He slows down the ball movement dramatically. Id love to see him get 45 stats. He is the player who collects the ball when they are struggling to move it really. Tagging Dangerfield is a no brainer really. He is the dynamic one who pushes it forward

In regards to Hawkins and Cameron id be inclined to let Cameron drift up the ground to pick up his seagull stats which is what I see happening.

I just realised we get an 8 day break to their 6. Now I'm starting to convince myself we're in with a chance.
I think team play better off a 6 day break. They shouldn't, but they do.

This should be our best chance to beat them down there in a very very long time, as they're not in form, look a little banged up. But knowing us we'll play them into form!

This ground is all about pressure, and the contest. We simply have to drop Vardy for this one and bring in Jones or Ah Chee, I think Ah Chee could actually play as a second ruck/more of extra mid. He's got a good leap, and good tackler.

I just realised we get an 8 day break to their 6. Now I'm starting to convince myself we're in with a chance.

There are 3 constants in this world: death, taxes and West Coast not winning in Geelong.

If Selwood, Hawkins and Dangerfield all did hammies in the opening minute of the first quarter I still wouldnt hope for a win. Kardinya Park has strange, eerie powers.....

Disagree strongly in tagging Guthrie. He slows down the ball movement dramatically. Id love to see him get 45 stats. He is the player who collects the ball when they are struggling to move it really. Tagging Dangerfield is a no brainer really. He is the dynamic one who pushes it forward

In regards to Hawkins and Cameron id be inclined to let Cameron drift up the ground to pick up his seagull stats which is what I see happening.
Yes, tag Dangerfield. If his disposals are under pressure, he turns it over a lot.

Good thing about Cameron is you can get away with Shep on him and that frees up Gov

And who would you suggest we use? And who against?

Hutchings is nowhere near the player he was in 2018 and is struggling at WAFL level. Never getting a mention in the best players for a pretty average WAFL team.

Ainsworth has had a few decent if non-influential games for WAFL 2021, but wasn't a tagger.

Hutching just played his 1st half a game in the WAFL. So not easy to get best player when....you aren't playing.

Saying that the chances are his best is behind him and We need to look elsewhere. Hence Nelson getting the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchings is a better option then XON at the moment. No question about that
XOn is likely to play 4 quarters. Hutch is not. That said, the medical sub rule could be a lifeline for Hutch- it is less of a risk playing a guy who has broken down the last 2 games he has played for us if there is an option to replace him should the pattern continue.
For me, XOn is a 10 year player and we should give him a good block of games while we have Yeo and Shuey out so he finds his feet at this level. He will be very good IMO and we should take every chance to develop him.

So is Hutchings fit enough to even play at AFL level?

I'm talking match fit.

I would suggest he is a way off it and O'Neil a fair bit ahead of him fitness wise.

Club said he needs a month of WAFL a long time ago so 3 more weeks

Im talking overall though. Once fit he is best 22 by a mile

Nelson played a soft tag on both Pendles and Sidey. Pendles got a bit loose late but both were ineffective
Thought he was on Crisp most of the time.

But that’s not a great advert for his tagging if so, Crisp led the Pies in disposals and metres gained.
Strange, haven't watched a replay...thought he did a hard tag on Pendles, not a soft one.
Only because Pendlebury was unusually quiet. Interested to know any info.
Was feeling good about Nelly's game

Having watched the replay of the first half, you guys were right. What confused me was that Nelson was usually starting forward at centre bounces alongside Crisp and they were both running straight into the middle. But yeah at other stoppages he was sitting on Pendlebury or occasionally Sidebottom, and running with them during play.

Club said he needs a month of WAFL a long time ago so 3 more weeks

Im talking overall though. Once fit he is best 22 by a mile

With all due respect, I am not sure about that. He is given disproportionate amount of air when compared to his actual importance. He is just a tagger, at best, and you don’t salivate over someone like that.

Our issue is contested ball everywhere except backline. Midfield gets beaten up by bulls and current small forwards/half forwards run around like headless chooks who struggle finding ball or trapping the ball in. Our supposed inside mid, sheed, has had 2 tackles in 2 weeks.

Hutchings fixes nothing and therefore you play a young kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back