AFL Round 6 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't take long for the footy to suck again to watch in neutral games.

Boring as.

I'm now genuinely convinced the rules didn't make any difference and it was just the adrenaline of the crowds returning that ment players went away from the coaching and just sent it all the time

Game is a bit livlier now that the players have warmed up. 1 degree in Canberra.

Game is a bit livlier now that the players have warmed up. 1 degree in Canberra.
8 in Canberra. Commentary put some Mayo on earlier saying “projected minimum of 1”. If it hits that it will be at 5AM.

8 in Canberra. Commentary put some Mayo on earlier saying “projected minimum of 1”. If it hits that it will be at 5AM.

I take back what I said. Bunch of softcocks cant do footy right.

He didn't duck he was picking the ball up. This wasn't a selwood knee drop or he was down then ducked.
Didn't see it but if it's the one where a guy bends down and then drives forward with his head low then bad luck imo. Bad technique doesn't deserve a free

Didn't see it but if it's the one where a guy bends down and then drives forward with his head low then bad luck imo. Bad technique doesn't deserve a free
I agree with that picking up the ball then driving the head forward absolutely holding the ball, but picking up a ball and the tackle is clumsy then it's high regardless of the player already being on the ground. Bad technique in a tackle should result in a free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got home from the game, I was thinking of going early with a learning this week about how much the commentators will talk up the cold in Canberra. Itwas fresh, but very little wind which made the night really nice until early in the last when it seemed to drop a few degrees quickly. Line for hot donuts/coffee was massive at 3QT.

On the game, the Dogs seemed a bit meh? Very good midfield, obviously, but a bit flakey tonight when the heat was on. Naughton is a smart forward, leads well and makes space for himself/others nicely, but is in and out of the game and his kicking let him down. Their forwards otherwise didn't seem too dangerous, the mids streaming through seemed to cause headaches for GWS. Did enough for a comfortable win though, so still a good performance I suppose.

Both sides were pretty conservative in their ball movement which meant it wasn't the most fun game to watch. A lot of switching back and forth even when there were some options on upfield. Weird for GWS, they seem to be at their best playing a running game and taking some more risks.

Josh Kelly has been disappointing for them in recent times. Looks disinterested and/or possibly committed elsewhere end of 2021.

I agree with that picking up the ball then driving the head forward absolutely holding the ball, but picking up a ball and the tackle is clumsy then it's high regardless of the player already being on the ground. Bad technique in a tackle should result in a free.
Yah guess shouldn't argue with ya cause I didn't see it but I don't mind them letting some go. An arm over the shoulder doesn't do any damage to anyone so don't mind if they don't pay it as much.

Good start from West Coast I know they don't play at subi any more but I wonder if the dimensions of kp still suits them.
i think subi was very long, and not as wide as the MCG but still chonky. Kadina is more short and narrow, more similar to the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back