Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all coming up Mundy
I was thinking about that the other day. fyfe has taken a less vote getting role. The kids in the midfield are now good enough that freo will win games. But mundy is noticeably better than brayshaw and serong. So the players we have and the role they are playing lends itself for mundy's brownlow chances.

Naughton and Bruce aren't exactly A graders but are they proof that you don't need 2 A grade key forwards to have a competitive finals team if the small forwards and mids are attacking goal ?
( Clarification- Naughton is young and not yet A grade but likely will be )

Reason I mention it is in the hope that we may still be competitive if we are relying on Tabs / Lobb / Treacy / (Sturt 🤷‍♂️🤞) for the next 2-3 years until either a good trade or successful draft picks get a couple of seasons under their belt.

How good is it to have a genuine marquee game in the marquee timeslot? I'd fully support a floating fixture forevermore.

We'll still get Sunday afternoons every week, but it stops us being lumped with Carlton every Friday night.
Cannot agree more! Been a great contest so far!

Would be so much better if Carlton were playing...

And why aren't the commentators mentioning both teams kicking more behinds than goals every 30 seconds?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughton and Bruce aren't exactly A graders but are they proof that you don't need 2 A grade key forwards to have a competitive finals team if the small forwards and mids are attacking goal ?
( Clarification- Naughton is young and not yet A grade but likely will be )

Reason I mention it is in the hope that we may still be competitive if we are relying on Tabs / Lobb / Treacy / (Sturt 🤷‍♂️🤞) for the next 2-3 years until either a good trade or successful draft picks get a couple of seasons under their belt.
I've always been convinced that Bruce would play way better if he got a short back and sides.

Very disappointed that Richmond didn't get to 1.10.

Surely only one team could manage that in a round and I wanted them to take that evil off us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back