List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, already knew we traded with gws and just skipped my mind when thinking if how good it would be having a top 3 pick and then daicos.
Would have been nice, but its a risk, because if he was bid at pick 1, we would have no choice but to do our 1st pick.. Would be wasted. In the end, we got 2 players (Poulter/Reef) for the price of one.

Weideman would be nice... but Ben King needs to be the prime target imo.

Of the two King will be the superior forward in the long term.

I have no problems throwing GC a 2022 1st and 2nd to land him. Or trade them De Goey as part of the deal. And I’d be offering King a generous 5 year deal. Can build a 7-10 year forward line around him

GC won’t want to part with him but if the kid is adamant he wants to return to Melb they’d be better to trade him out than lose him as an uncontracted player at the end of 2022

Even uncontracted players have to be traded, or opt to go to the ND or preseason draft. Still got a few years till Kings FA eligible.

Jake Riccardi had 40 touches and 19 marks in the magoos.

Cant get a game behind that train wreck Hogan.

Time to politely remind him that we f’ed up not drafting him.
Could’ve had Hogan also... but hey let’s play our all Australia defender as a key fwd instead.

40 touches and no goals? What position was he playing?

This should be our number 1 trade target
2nd would Ed Richards from Bulldogs
Those 2 would set the club up for the next 10 years.
I agree in theory, but you are on track to be in a huge deficit for Daicos as it is. Surely you'd need to trade someone out to be looking at potential targets. Who of value do you think the Pies could stand to lose?

Just want to take this opportunity to congratulate Knightmare for his picking of will drew 5 years ago. Close to Port’s best over the weekend, whilst we took Sam McLarty three picks before him in the draft.
Horror draft for us actually, after we also missed on Tom Stewart and Josh Rotham. Whilst we also took Kayle Kirby ahead of Jack Graham, Luke Ryan, Mitchell Lewis and Nick Larkey. Ouch...

Pretty ordinary work from Derek that year..

It’s been a long time since we had any serious role in the PSD.
Last year Adelaide went after Hately from GWS and walked him straight to the PSD.
That’s our play with Weid I’d reckon.
The only hard part is actually convincing him (or anyone) to want to play for us....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to take this opportunity to congratulate Knightmare for his picking of will drew 5 years ago. Close to Port’s best over the weekend, whilst we took Sam McLarty three picks before him in the draft.
Horror draft for us actually, after we also missed on Tom Stewart and Josh Rotham. Whilst we also took Kayle Kirby ahead of Jack Graham, Luke Ryan, Mitchell Lewis and Nick Larkey. Ouch...

Pretty ordinary work from Derek that year..

Drew just needed opportunity and has a junior ticked the right boxes and was about as competitive of a mid as I've seen with the aggressiveness of his contested work and tackling.

He's one I spoke about last offseason as one I would target and coming into this year said I'd target again if he doesn't establish himself as a regular for the Power.

The opportunity has long past now and he'll take on more and more prominent midfield duties for Port Adelaide I'd imagine.

One mid I hope the Pies target is Patrick Lipinski. He's underutilised by the Dogs and ideal as an inside mid who can rotate forward if he can be had on the cheap.

Drew just needed opportunity and has a junior ticked the right boxes and was about as competitive of a mid as I've seen with the aggressiveness of his contested work and tackling.

He's one I spoke about last offseason as one I would target and coming into this year said I'd target again if he doesn't establish himself as a regular for the Power.

The opportunity has long past now and he'll take on more and more prominent midfield duties for Port Adelaide I'd imagine.

One mid I hope the Pies target is Patrick Lipinski. He's underutilised by the Dogs and ideal as an inside mid who can rotate forward if he can be had on the cheap.
Bit hard to get a game in that midfield 😂

I'm wondering how much money we have comming off the books next yera and what that can do for the club:

Mayne - 450k
Cox - 550k
Greenwood - 300k
Thomas - 300k

Thats 1.5m right there for blokes that are in and out of the side.

Pendles will need to be resigned, but I wouldnt anticipate that he would get more than he is currently on - especially if the captaincy is moved.

Some money will need to be kept aside for Moore's extension, but you would hope that his rise and De Goey's fall would counteract. De Goey 800 to 650 and Moere 800 to 950-1mil

The kids arent in any position to be demanding any more money than they are currently on.

If the rumours to true, theres 300k that needs to go to the Dogs for Treloar.

Leaves us with about a million to play with. I wonder which way the club goes, recruit another round of Greenwood/Mayne likes who will hold the fort for the next 4-5 years or bring in a key player like Merrett to build around.

Add the Beams payout this year of about $750-850k, add the $300k we’re apparently paying for Phillips this year, add that we apparently front-ended a significant proportion of the Treloar payout to this year... I’d be very surprised if we didn’t have a pool well north of $1m to play with.

Bit hard to get a game in that midfield 😂

Indeed, and the annoying thing for Lipinski is that he's asked to play outside/fwd. I actually like him a lot more when he's playing inside and view that as an opportunity to unlock his game. He'd add much needed ball winning through the middle with x-factor and athleticism on top of that. He grew up as a medium marking forward, so having that forward craft on top of that is a bonus and just adds to the options he offers as part of a larger rotation.

It says here they played him down back..

Young forward Jake Riccardi excelled in a new role down back as the Giants cruised to a five-goal triumph over Southport at home.

Riccardi collected 40 disposals and pulled down 19 marks in a best-on-ground performance for the young Giants,

for mine, any BIG MONEY FA we go after needs to be 23 and under. We are 3-4 years away. Need them hitting peak 26-27 during that period

By definition, FA’s have to be at a club for 8 years to qualify. Drafted at 18 so you’re looking at 26 at the youngest.

Wishful thinking if people think giants will do us any favours its a professional sport if they had someone as highly rated as daicos I'd be expecting a bid.

2006 - Reid - pick 8, Brown - pick 10, Dawes - pick 28
2014 - Darcy Moore - pick 9
2016 - Sam McLarty - pick 30
2018 - Will Kelly - pick 29
2020 - Liam McMahon - pick 31

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And that doesn’t even includes trades or cat b rookie types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back