List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading out someone of the calibre of Tom Mitchell who may help another side win a premiership for 1 speculative draft pick is not going to happen.

The offer from another side would need to be a lot better than 1 draft pick.

It would need to be a starting 22 player plus a first round draft pick minimum for us to even explore that path.

In saying that if you are positioned on the ladder around 4th-8th and need a ball winning magnet to feed the ball out to your runners you would be crazy to not stump up a big offer to the Hawks for him as he still has plenty of good footy ahead of him.

Disgaree. If trading Mitchell enables a club to win a flag at a time when we are no chance, but significantly fast tracks our ability to win one, then that can certainly happen. Not sure it will happen, but it could if the right deal was put in front of us.

I picked hawthorn to win this week. We have a habit of winning meaningless games against gold coast that have draft ramifications. (You should know what I mean)

Consequences are Collingwood will get the second pick in the mid-season draft and nab Ned Moyle before our pick…. Just watch it happen.
I know he’s in their vfl team but why would they want moyle when they’ve got 6 years of Grundy left? Plus darcy Cameron is playing some decent footy, Cox still on the list and max lynch developing well in the twos. They’d be crazy not to go callow, pies supporters will burn the place down if they pass up another contested marking key position. They’ve been dying for one for the last 5 years

Trading out someone of the calibre of Tom Mitchell who may help another side win a premiership for 1 speculative draft pick is not going to happen.

The offer from another side would need to be a lot better than 1 draft pick.

It would need to be a starting 22 player plus a first round draft pick minimum for us to even explore that path.

In saying that if you are positioned on the ladder around 4th-8th and need a ball winning magnet to feed the ball out to your runners you would be crazy to not stump up a big offer to the Hawks for him as he still has plenty of good footy ahead of him.
Kelly+young player
Mitchell+4th round pick.

Kelly+young player
Mitchell+4th round pick.
Get Kelly for free if that’s the way we are going, better to get draft picks for Mitchell though. Kelly for Mitchell is treading water, does nothing for us in the long run.

Fair bit of dick swinging going on in here.

After 13 or 14 years of posting i shared the first bit of interesting inside info i have heard in another thread. I was flippantly dismissed as flat oit wrong and my mate was called an idiot. It wasn't even all that ground breaking.

People need to chill out and respect each other a bit. We all want the same thing

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

After 13 or 14 years of posting i shared the first bit of interesting inside info i have heard in another thread. I was flippantly dismissed as flat oit wrong and my mate was called an idiot. It wasn't even all that ground breaking.

People need to chill out and respect each other a bit. We all want the same thing

What did you share?

Disgaree. If trading Mitchell enables a club to win a flag at a time when we are no chance, but significantly fast tracks our ability to win one, then that can certainly happen. Not sure it will happen, but it could if the right deal was put in front of us.

He is worth more than 1 first round pick to a premiership contender is the point I was making.

He is worth more than 1 first round pick to a premiership contender is the point I was making.

We gave up pick 14 for him and he is probably worth less now than he was then, so I think we would be doing well to get a pick in 15 - 20.

We gave up pick 14 for him and he is probably worth less now than he was then, so I think we would be doing well to get a pick in 15 - 20.
Yep. And who of the top 8/contenders would he really improve / be a target?
Maybe Carlton or gcs do something silly but outside of that I’m not too sure.

Reflects poorly on them, not you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has moved to Sydney. When he lived in Melbourne he regularly attended training. He would also do charity work for the club whenever asked.
Damn would have been a great club man to keep around, quality person and has the ability to drag another 10% out of people I reckon. Hopefully Hodge isn’t lost to the club as well.

Last edited:
Honestly can’t see how people are that deluded that they think Tom Mitchell is somehow worth an extra 1st round pick more than we traded him in for. His 2018 form might have warranted it but after his broken leg and persistent issues with his shoulder he is no where near as damaging as he once was. If we can get back what we paid for him then I think that’s a great deal for us but wouldn’t be surprised if the list management team let him go for slightly less.

but wouldn’t be surprised if the list management team let him go for slightly less.

What possible reasoning would we have for letting him go if the deal doesn't benefit us? I don't think he'll get us two firsts but a late top 10 pick with something going back would be more ball park for us to consider the deal.

What possible reasoning would we have for letting him go if the deal doesn't benefit us? I don't think he'll get us two firsts but a late top 10 pick with something going back would be more ball park for us to consider the deal.
None people are stuck in a woe is me attitude and underrating every single player on our list.

Opportunity.
Worps will go to another level, we have seen what he can do with Mitchell out of the side.
Cousins gets more minutes on ball.
Both of these guys are more direct players with better delivery inside 50 and can hit the scoreboard. You could add whoever else for one reason or another but the only opportunity worth noting is that we could possibly land an elite talent with the draft pick for moving on Tom. If that’s a mid/late first Rd pick around 14 and steak knives I’d be doing this. Similar value to what you mentioned anyway.
I agree, and I assume others will as well, that his Brownlow season was immense and we all hoped that there would be a top 5 player in the comp at the club for another 6-a years.
He hasn’t been the same player since.

Honestly can’t see how people are that deluded that they think Tom Mitchell is somehow worth an extra 1st round pick more than we traded him in for. His 2018 form might have warranted it but after his broken leg and persistent issues with his shoulder he is no where near as damaging as he once was. If we can get back what we paid for him then I think that’s a great deal for us but wouldn’t be surprised if the list management team let him go for slightly less.

In 2018 as a 25 year old dual All Australian and Brownlow medalist with limited injury history he was worth two top 10 picks. Now he's 28 nowhere near an All Australian standard player, had a savage broken leg and a bung shoulder he'd be lucky to be worth half that.

Mitchell will quite probably win our bnf. We can’t afford to let him go cheaply. People used to say Sam Mitchell wasn’t damaging but once we got smith and hill outside him suddenly he was much more damaging. Mitchell feeds the ball out and links play but right now the whole team is so static it is harder to be damaging. Of course he leads the club in score involvements so it isn’t like he has no impact. I think people are zeroing in on errors and ignoring all the good he does.

I’m guessing if we do trade him the deal will favour us otherwise he won’t go.

Mitchell will quite probably win our bnf. We can’t afford to let him go cheaply. People used to say Sam Mitchell wasn’t damaging but once we got smith and hill outside him suddenly he was much more damaging. Mitchell feeds the ball out and links play but right now the whole team is so static it is harder to be damaging. Of course he leads the club in score involvements so it isn’t like he has no impact. I think people are zeroing in on errors and ignoring all the good he does.

I’m guessing if we do trade him the deal will favour us otherwise he won’t go.

The difference between Sam and Tom on both sides of the feet are rather substantial at the age of 28 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back