Preview Round 11, 2021: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 29th May, 4:35PM AEST *ROSS 150TH* *CLAVARINO DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And unfortunately Jack Bytel isn't as good at 21 as Dunstan was at 18.

He has worked his arse off to earn his spot back. Good on him. I hope he does well. If he doesn't then we go back to blooding Bytel and crossing our fingers he turns out better than Dunstan and nothing is lost. Absolutely nothing.
Didn't mention Bytel in that post
Another thing Ratts hasn't followed through on
IF YOU CAN"T KICK YOU WONT GET A GAME

There used to be a thing on the AFL site (back before it turned into the steaming pile of excrement it now is) where you could literally go into the videos of previous games and select certain events (goals, marks, tackles, basically whatever you wanted) and play the video and check it out. I would love to go back to round five and watch Dunstan's however many possessions it was against Richmond and make sure they were really that bad. But alas, I have to do it manually. Good thing we're locked down and I have buttloads of time.
Okay I did it and he had a couple of clangers like kicking it out on the full and kicking it right to Richmond players HOWEVER there is no way North will be as punishing as they were and he's more likely to get a lot more of it. Some of his possessions were good and a couple that eventually turned over to the opposition were either 50/50 his fault or the fault of the player passing it to, however at the same time he put players under pressure with s**t passes like giving it to Hill when he literally was surrounded by Richmond campaigners.

There used to be a thing on the AFL site (back before it turned into the steaming pile of excrement it now is) where you could literally go into the videos of previous games and select certain events (goals, marks, tackles, basically whatever you wanted) and play the video and check it out. I would love to go back to round five and watch Dunstan's however many possessions it was against Richmond and make sure they were really that bad. But alas, I have to do it manually. Good thing we're locked down and I have buttloads of time.
The AFL app cuts clips of each players possessions for the game.

The AFL app cuts clips of each players possessions for the game.
Yep and so does the regular AFL site - I don't know how I didn't notice that already. Very handy for analysing games

Now that finals are out, I'd like Doogs to start clunking more marks. Spoiling is ok, clears the area or makes it someone elses problem, but it would be nice for him to mark the easy ones and kick off a turnover and rebound. Having a solid year though.

Taken around 50 marks I think

Lol, you were bang on. Exactly 50.
He has been a very good player for us
Must be exhausted with how often it goes down there

As for our little troll friend it turns out he goes to other teams' boards all the time to tell them how to run the club - he was on the Hawthorn board last week telling them who to trade and delist, etc - I haven't seen any posts recently on the Cats' board, he seems to frequent various local country leagues as well like Ovens Murray and Goulburn district. Begs the question - why on Earth did he come here just to tell us what he thinks we don't know but clearly we already do?

He has been a very good player for us
Must be exhausted with how often it goes down there
Wasn't there something about him and Wilkie complaining about them having to "clean the midfielders' messes"? or words to that effect?

Just saw some footage of Ratts in the presser today, he looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders and has aged about 10 years.

It's a far cry from the happy chirpy upbeat Ratts of last year, I hope like hell we get a win tomorrow just to take some heat and pressure off him.

Lethlean said our players love Ratts, well it's about time they showed it, if they really care about him they'll be busting their arses to get a win for him.

She is the Luke Dunstan of AFL umpiring

Harsh on Dunstan, she is more like the Shaun McKernan of AFL umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for our little troll friend it turns out he goes to other teams' boards all the time to tell them how to run the club - he was on the Hawthorn board last week telling them who to trade and delist, etc - I haven't seen any posts recently on the Cats' board, he seems to frequent various local country leagues as well like Ovens Murray and Goulburn district. Begs the question - why on Earth did he come here just to tell us what he thinks we don't know but clearly we already do?

Personally I love seeing the opinions of those who simply love footy. If they watch enough to have opinions on multiple teams and multiple leagues - they must love it. Nothing wrong with someone with a passion for the game giving their thoughts.

I never said other clubs wouldn't take him , i said the only team he would get a game for ATM is maybe north

Sydney are playing Campbell and Gulden to get games into them despite not setting the world on fire, even Geelong had played Constable who hasn't had more than 17 disposals this year. Coleman- Jones at Richmond etc. All clubs develop youth, we are just conditioned to watching the same 22 lemons on repeat.

Sydney are playing Campbell and Gulden to get games into them despite not setting the world on fire, even Geelong had played Constable who hasn't had more than 17 disposals this year. Coleman- Jones at Richmond etc. All clubs develop youth, we are just conditioned to watching the same 22 lemons on repeat.
These aren't the best examples.

Sydney dropped Campbell when he wasn't performing.

Coleman-Jones is playing his first game for the year due to Lynch's injury. You might be thinking of Collier Dawkins who has to wait until his 3rd year and half of Richmond's midfield to be injured before he got a chance to play and will be fighting for a spot when all their players come back.

Constable hasn't played since rd3. Are you thinking of Clark who is in and out every 2nd week?

I dont understand, lonie has been the worst small forward so he was dropped. Bytel was the worst mid so he was dropped.

We now have only alabaskis, connolly and Allison in reserve as everyone else injured.

I mean we could drop Butler and Hill for long or ther other 3...but that's just fuxking absurd...

Think the covid has got to alot of you, think you need a few shots of liquor and calm the hell down

Geelong have played Constable?

He's played 12 games in 3 and half years despite having dominant performances in the reserves.

Played the first few games and got dropped because he did not perform.

He's also had some high possesion games at times.

Gulden isn't an inside mid and has won a rising star nom .

Campbell has been dropped from the Swans.

Instead of comparing apples to oranges, show me how many inside mids that don't play other roles have continued to get a game aftwr averaging just 15 touches a game.

If you flick through all the sides current midfielders and compare their stats to Bytels right now it's hard to find anyone that has numbers that low. In fact I'm yet to find one. Even Dunstan who had a down year at 20-21 is ahead of him.

I dont understand, lonie has been the worst small forward so he was dropped. Bytel was the worst mid so he was dropped.

I would have Bytel or Lonie over Wood any day. Hell I'd even take Long too at this point. Couldn't give a stuff what position they play.

Wood will beat up the spooners and keep his spot though.

These aren't the best examples.

Sydney dropped Campbell when he wasn't performing.

Coleman-Jones is playing his first game for the year due to Lynch's injury. You might be thinking of Collier Dawkins who has to wait until his 3rd year and half of Richmond's midfield to be injured before he got a chance to play and will be fighting for a spot when all their players come back.

Constable hasn't played since rd3. Are you thinking of Clark who is in and out every 2nd week?

Yeah, I meant the other Hyphen Collier-Dawkins. As you'd expect from a premiership side with a solid midfield but he's the age of Bytel and we have injuries in the midfield like them. Campbell has played 6 games and he's first year. Other sides play kids to make them better. Port play first year players all the time and have a quick look how many kids that are 18 and 19 that they have fed games into over the last few years while playing finals. We seem to have had a habit of giving kids a few games early then sending them to VFL before delisting them.

With the current state of our list, I am really looking forward to the mid season draft. We should be looking to pick up 3 or 4 players. A ruck. a mid, a fwd, and maybe a defender. But our leaderss are suggesting we take only one. Dont they even look at our list!

Well we can be sure of 1 thing, if there is a way to f#ck it up we will find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back