Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 16 - Suns v Tigers Thurs July 1st 7:20pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The cats have been at the top or near it for a decade ahd a half across two expansion teams, priority pick drafts, rule changes, free agency, shortened seasons, byes, and unpteen attempts by the league to reinvent the ******* game. Your team can’t handle a minor ******* adjustment to the man on the mark rule - which incidentally applies to all teams in the comp not just yours - and you sh*t your pants over it and start blaming the rule makers.

******* gutless
Showing your true colours.

Richmond are horrendous to watch play.

It’s “soccer like” defensive counter attack football..

Absolute garbage - if the AFL is trying to stop this crap and make football more watchable?

Good move.
I guess that's just acknowledgement of what Hocking said with his rule changes and Richmond.

Unfortunately, footy hasn't become more "watchable"

Yes. What if everyone in the same position as you is on $10,000 more than you and you did not know it? Wouldn't you want to know that?
It's not about what I want to know, it's about whether it's anyone else's business to know everyone's salary. I don't think it is. It's nothing but a snoop for the media.

Houli has been class, I reckon he will hang the boots up at the end of the season. He should have no regrets, seemed to always give 100% for the team.

Cotchin may step down as captain, and play one more season to mentor the youngsters.
I would agree with this. I cited these two guys last week but I think Edwards too is being found out. Absolutely no hard feelings here. These guys have been immense and have delivered more than most could desire to see a team achieve. Hats off to them and their body of work. Champions of the game and of the club.

It is a great equaliser too as clubs can't get away with underpaying some of their players if all the players know what their teammates are on.

It is just like in an office. Employers who get upset when the employees begin discussing what salaries they are on clearly don't have the best interest of the employees in mind.
Yup. We pay the players wages with our memberships and viewerships. It would stop salary cap cheating and create another really interesting element to the game.

Hopefully there is a 2016 moment somewhere in this (off)season. I fear there isn’t though.

Right now I’m looking for the younger players to show something and the older plays to show those younger players what that something is.

It's not about what I want to know, it's about whether it's anyone else's business to know everyone's salary. I don't think it is.

Convincing people that discussing salary or knowing other peoples salaries is a bad thing is a massive win for employers. It actually helps employees a lot if the information is published and widely available. It is why the powerful try and convince you that you that discussing salaries or knowing another persons salary is a taboo topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houli had a good finish to the game, but nah unfortunately he's cooked. The signs have been there for a while. His first few quarters were not good. Lost a lot of pace and kicking is no longer as accurate or penetrating.

Itl be his last year, a shared retirement game with Cotch and Astbury against the Hawks in the last game would be a fitting end to 3 flag heroes.
Yeah I don't know I think his kicking is still better than most, and his composure and decision making is still excellent.

Depending on how you structure things you can carry a slow player or two for a while, his leadership would be valuable for younger defenders.

Convincing people that discussing salary or knowing other peoples salaries is a bad thing is a massive win for employers. It actually helps employees a lot if the information is published and widely available. It is why the powerful try and convince you that you that discussing salaries or knowing another persons salary is a taboo topic.
I think it would be awful for the mental health and well-being of the players, with the only benefit for the grubby media to make money from the interest.

Big no from me.

I guess that's just acknowledgement of what Hocking said with his rule changes and Richmond.

Unfortunately, footy hasn't become more "watchable"

It has actually. Far fewer repeat entries and endless stoppages in 2021 compared to previous years. On average the games are more free flowing with the ball moving around a lot more.

Nah. One thing I have picked up though, absolutely to my surprise, is how much hawks supporters can't stand that Richmond replaced them from their mantle. You guys cannot handle it. I was there at VFL Park when Dunstall kicked 17 against Richmond back in the early 90s. We've had plenty of dark times at the hand of your lot. I am very surprised that you feel such hatred for Richmond though. I couldn't care less about Hawthorn personally. No animosity despite those years of humiliations. Funny how we got under your skin though.

Lol. Trust me, Hawthorn supporters don't give a * about Richmond. We laugh cause you think you're in the same class as us and every other dynasty team. You even had to steal our "the hard way" title for your book. Here is the difference between your team and every other dynasty team. Yours are desperate to be liked, no one elses cares.

Last edited:
It has actually. Far fewer repeat entries and endless stoppages in 2021 compared to previous years. On average the games are more free flowing with the ball moving around a lot more.

Contested ball has been swapped for uncontested (read: 15m passes). Scoring is essentially unchanged.

I think it would be awful for the mental health and well-being of the players, with the only benefit for the grubby media to make money from the interest.

Big no from me.

It gives more power to the players actually. A player can see how much other players are worth, compare their performances and find out what they should be earning. If player A is on $400,000 but a teammate who doesn't contribute as much is on $600,000 then player A can ask for more money at his next contract negotiation to be above player B, or he can say "you are paying player B more than me despite me being the better player" and then look elsewhere for a club who will pay them what they are worth.

Seriously if Richmond supporters are complaining the rules have been changed the last few years because of them, they

Lol. Trust me, Hawthorn supporters don't give a fu** about Richmond. We laugh cause you think you're in the same class as us and every other dynasty team. You even had to steal our "the hard way" title for your book. Here is the difference between your team and every other dynasty team. Yours are desperate to be liked, no one elses cares.
3 flags is 3 flags.
When I was singing the song on Swan Street at 4am after coming from Punt road after a 37 year drought it wasn't less enjoyable because other supporters didn't rate us. It was probably more enjoyable because of it.

Seriously if Richmond supporters are complaining the rules have been changed the last few years because of them, they

Lol. Trust me, Hawthorn supporters don't give a fu** about Richmond. We laugh cause you think you're in the same class as us and every other dynasty team. You even had to steal our "the hard way" title for your book. Here is the difference between your team and every other dynasty team. Yours are desperate to be liked, no one elses cares.
Serious question... do you honeslty think the Hawks were "liked" during their run? I think you may need to check what planet you're on. No long term successful teams are liked.

Back