Review Good/Bad vs West Coast - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

But Rowe is still our worst forward.

Lynch either becomes a coach or leaves.
Is he though? Don’t you think that our gameplay is not small forward friendly? It’s not even like we are trying to hit a tall that can be swept by a running small forward. The ball is high and is either intercepted by a decent defender or the ball is spoiled towards the boundary line. A Cameron or Betts would look ordinary based on today’s efforts! EH for mine was our worst forward, but I’ve never rated him!

Murphy is such a dumb footballer. Has no feel for the game. Nothing comes naturally, it’s all effort. Why would he call for the ball from Rowe when he’s on the boundary, and he knows he has no right foot? Why would he just blindly kick the the ball to an Eagles defender after a really good chain of possession when there was no one within 20m of him?

Between he, Rowe and McHenry our small forwards are ******* awful.
Nothing wrong with Murphy calling for it, but Rowe giving the handball rather than using the decoy and running inboard was the problem.

Poor footy IQ from Rowe IMO.

Nicks is on thin ice. Is making some baffling selection decisions and some even worse in game ones.
Can’t blame nicks for this list. He needs three drafts and a few years on top off that when we get a good chunk of players at 70-100 games. This is a complete rebuild and nicks has been the man chosen to lead it. Give him the time to do it.

lost clearances by only 3, but as usual the damage of our losses far outweighed the damage caused by our wins. And yet our coaches have locked in the same triumvirate and we will soon see only the anointed 4 when Matt returns. There is no appetite among our coaching group to try anything that improves this key area.

Is he though? Don’t you think that our gameplay is not small forward friendly? It’s not even like we are trying to hit a tall that can be swept by a running small forward. The ball is high and is either intercepted by a decent defender or the ball is spoiled towards the boundary line. A Cameron or Betts would look ordinary based on today’s efforts! EH for mine was our worst forward, but I’ve never rated him!
So many times tonight the ball came to ground & our small forwards were missing.

Rowe lacks the tricks for afl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy is such a dumb footballer. Has no feel for the game. Nothing comes naturally, it’s all effort. Why would he call for the ball from Rowe when he’s on the boundary, and he knows he has no right foot? Why would he just blindly kick the the ball to an Eagles defender after a really good chain of possession when there was no one within 20m of him?

Between he, Rowe and McHenry our small forwards are ******* awful.

EXACTLY

Murphy Koolaid drinkers are deflecting and saying he's a midfielder now lmao

Our small forward stocks are EMPTY

Can’t blame nicks for this list. He needs three drafts and a few years on top off that when we get a good chunk of players at 70-100 games. This is a complete rebuild and nicks has been the man chosen to lead it. Give him the time to do it.

you think we're rebuilding, how cute.

lost clearances by only 3, but as usual the damage of our losses far outweighed the damage caused by our wins. And yet our coaches have locked in the same triumvirate and we will soon see only the anointed 4 when Matt returns. There is no appetite among our coaching group to try anything that improves this key area.
Sloane said he would play more forward to allow Schoenberg & Berry to play midfield.

Berry didn't attend 1 centre bounce that I can recall.

Bullshit rebuild!

We are clearly the lowest IQ football team in the comp. We make bad decisions constantly, have no read on the game.
Playing against us is bruise free.
We can't hold a tackle and our senior players are the biggest culprits.

We say the same crap week in, week out.

The only consolation supporting this team is knowing we will get a high draft pick seasons end.

So many selfish players playing for their own agendas and stat lines.

We will be lucky to win another game this season
We have the issue of trying or being forced to move players into positions they don't know how to play. Murphy isn't a forward, we just made him one cause he was there and we lost Cameron.

EXACTLY

Murphy Koolaid drinkers are deflecting and saying he's a midfielder now lmao

Our small forward stocks are EMPTY
Murphy > Rowe.

It's baffling how quickly the negativity brigade come out to whinge the moment things aren't working.

Literally the moment this young, inexperienced side starts to fade late in the season, as young sides are prone to do, especially when injuries and fatigue kick in, its "Wah our drafting's s**t", "Wah Nicks sucks", "Wah our list is terrible" from literally the same people who were pretty content earlier in the season when things were going okay.

It's almost like a rebuild takes time and depth is going to be an issue when the team is full of kids. And you can't just gut the side of every experienced player who isn't a superstar because playing kids before they're ready can destroy their confidence and hinder their development. There needs to actually be a viable backup option which we simply don't have in many positions right now.

I'm not going to claim everything the club is doing is perfect because it's not and SOME selection decisions have been suspect and some young players aren't coming on as quickly as you'd like but the way some are carrying on you'd think it's all doom and gloom when it isn't.

Our biggest issue remains the midfield, too one paced and not enough class. Desperately need 1-2 high end mids this offseason.

It's hard to s**t on the defenders too much when they're having to defend 60+ I50s most weeks or the forwards when our own I50s tend to be garbage long bombs that land in the lap of the oppositions prime intercept defender. "Lower your damn eyes" needs to be tattooed on the forehead of every one of our mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back