Preview Round 22 - GWS v Richmond - Marvel Stadium - Friday 13 August 2021 - 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you bang out the last few rounds on the predictor we're in 8th on current %. We lose a game, we're ****ed. If we barely scrape home in both and another team between 7-9 wins big, we're ****ed. We need to go for the jugular. No taking the foot off in the last if we're ahead as the others in contention all have very winnable games coming up. The silver lining is those teams are in the same position, the heats on for everyone and we tend to like the heat.

How the fxxk do you know they're tired? Did you individually ask each one of them? What a load of crap.

Exactly.
These blokes live to compete, to go as far as they can. They’re a bees dick away from an ACL…why on earth would you not go as hard as you can, while you can?
It’s unlikely but what if…? Wow.

Is this as bad as the Greene incident which King talked about on SEN?

Now looking,Greene was pretty stiff.

Astbury was frustrated and the Carlton bloke went down like a bag of spuds.

I think one thing is clear, next year throwing around the elbow and bumper bars will be outlawed. The stray elbow has been a blight on the game for 150 ******* years ! When I was a lad my uncle and a fair few country footy blokes had missing front teeth. Time for the elbow to go the way of the punch. Gonski.

For those wanting to park the bus, for those that gave up weeks ago, for those that didn't go through nearly four decades of not even being competitive except for a few times, stick around, something special might be about to happen.

Even if we don't make it, even if we make it and get knocked out... it's always better to fight to the death than promoting a chuck it in culture...there's a reason some clubs haven't won for 50 years +

This year perhaps more than ever since the war years, you just have to be in it to win it.

Last edited:
It doesn't make sense to be lacklustre in terms of performance.
We have four top selections in the draft, our best position for a decade, Jake Niall wrote today.
We have to make strict list decisions at the end of the year.
We will have to sort the wheat from the chaff.

was that flog mollison reporting dave too, instead of the 50 against that carlton player clinging on to dave after the free was awarded like a parasitic giant leech.

seriously blatant umpire mistakes cause most of players to lash out in frustration against the infringing clingon.
Gonna give a like to any bloke that uses the word flog

Last edited:
If you bang out the last few rounds on the predictor we're in 8th on current %. We lose a game, we're f’ed. If we barely scrape home in both and another team between 7-9 wins big, we're f’ed. We need to go for the jugular. No taking the foot off in the last if we're ahead as the others in contention all have very winnable games coming up. The silver lining is those teams are in the same position, the heats on for everyone and we tend to like the heat.

Put on my ole Music For Nations vinyl of Ride The Lightning in preparation.

Fight Fire With Fire!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a family issue he is helping out with, the Indigenous culture look after their whole extended family, he's fine and he'll be back next week.
He's still in Melbourne and training. Hopefully him and his family are all good and he'll be back next week.

If you bang out the last few rounds on the predictor we're in 8th on current %. We lose a game, we're f’ed. If we barely scrape home in both and another team between 7-9 wins big, we're f’ed. We need to go for the jugular. No taking the foot off in the last if we're ahead as the others in contention all have very winnable games coming up. The silver lining is those teams are in the same position, the heats on for everyone and we tend to like the heat.

Percentage is fairly inconsequential, as long as we win both. Win only one and our chances of making it are so slim that it's not even worth considering. Even if we win both, we're relying on Essendon or West Coast to lose a game at which point we'll have a higher percentage than either one. The only way percentage comes into the discussion if we win both is if West Coast beat Freo by probably around 100. I know you said win big, but there's absolutely no chance of that happening.

I saw Jack post something seeing he got the jab the other day? Had mine yesterday and far out the sweats then shivers and the migraine. Feels like a super bad hangover that floors you.

Hope he didn’t have anything like that , would struggle to get the energy to play footy.

I saw Jack post something seeing he got the jab the other day? Had mine yesterday and far out the sweats then shivers and the migraine. Feels like a super bad hangover that floors you.

Hope he didn’t have anything like that , would struggle to get the energy to play footy.
You'd hope our medical staff would have advised him of side effects and have him get it done as early as possible to guard against this

You'd hope our medical staff would have advised him of side effects and have him get it done as early as possible to guard against this
Side effects differ between people. Some have absolutely nothing, some are floored for a day or so. I'm sure the club would be advising the players to get it done early in the week.

Unrelated but glad they're backing MRJ in for another game. Pressure will be way up against GWS compared to WarChest, so keen to see how he goes!

yeah do it mid week. Saturday jab not a good idea, unless played on a Friday, even Wed-Fri would not recommend for pfizer second prior to game. Gotta allow a 4-5 lag period after where you could be affected on pfizer second

Last edited:

Exactly what I coped straight after the jab thought I was dying. The arm still hasn't recovered sore as f.

Percentage is fairly inconsequential, as long as we win both. Win only one and our chances of making it are so slim that it's not even worth considering. Even if we win both, we're relying on Essendon or West Coast to lose a game at which point we'll have a higher percentage than either one. The only way percentage comes into the discussion if we win both is if West Coast beat Freo by probably around 100. I know you said win big, but there's absolutely no chance of that happening.

yep or if both us and Essendon win our last two (which I think will happen) we will need to our score our opponents by an aggregate of 55 points more than the bombers. Unlikely.. bottom
Line is wce or Essendon have to drop one otherwise we won’t make it even winning both games

Exactly what I coped straight after the jab thought I was dying. The arm still hasn't recovered sore as f.
I went to get my Astra Zeneca last week first jab, told them I had to drive to the sunny coast for treatment the next day, they rescheduled for September after my radiation , and I’m getting Astra because my oncologist said do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back