No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What!!. Maybe to supporters, certainly not to the players. Are you dismissing their excitement and growing confidence in themselves and their team mates? The excitement and confidence means a whole lot more.

In terms of our actual season/ladder position.

The growing confidence and excitement needs to translate to next year, that's my point.

Anyone else get the sense from Clarko's strong comments the other day about how Tasmania should get its own team sooner rather than later that he could be angling for creating his own new senior coaching role?

It would be quite a unique thing to have the GOAT coach free to come in and essentially build a list from scratch with what would likely be a heap of draft, free agency and contract concessions. I'd love to see what he could do with that... probably right up until the point where he denies Hawthorn a bunch of premierships.

Anyone else get the sense from Clarko's strong comments the other day about how Tasmania should get its own team sooner rather than later that he could be angling for creating his own new senior coaching role?

It would be quite a unique thing to have the GOAT coach free to come in and essentially build a list from scratch with what would likely be a heap of draft, free agency and contract concessions. I'd love to see what he could do with that... probably right up until the point where he denies Hawthorn a bunch of premierships.
No

Don't think so. Any Tassie team is at least 5 years away

Willie Rioli back for the Eagles this week

Geelong will have superstar pair Tom Hawkins and Patrick Dangerfield both available for the likely minor premiership decider against Melbourne after they were cleared by the Match Review Officer.

Hawkins was left sweating after a driving tackle appeared to concuss St Kilda’s Darragh Joyce on Saturday evening.

Joyce was subbed out of the game with head injury concerns after being caught from behind by Hawkins in the final term of the match at GMHBA Stadium. NOT Surprise.jpg

Old news now but Hawkins cleared for a dangerous tackle. Geelong players cleared as usual. What a shock.

I see Cale Hooker is retiring. I will always be thankful to him for one of my best memories in footy.

cale-hooker-chasing-lance-franklin-afl.gif

All the best Cale.

I see Cale Hooker is retiring. I will always be thankful to him for one of my best memories in footy.

View attachment 1208539

All the best Cale.
Always makes me laugh that footage.
Buddy in 3rd gear, Hooker busting a gut.

Hooker did get some little payback when he won a game for them with an inside out torpedo at the 'G'.

Like Sheedy at GWS?

Geelong will have superstar pair Tom Hawkins and Patrick Dangerfield both available for the likely minor premiership decider against Melbourne after they were cleared by the Match Review Officer.

Hawkins was left sweating after a driving tackle appeared to concuss St Kilda’s Darragh Joyce on Saturday evening.

Joyce was subbed out of the game with head injury concerns after being caught from behind by Hawkins in the final term of the match at GMHBA Stadium.View attachment 1208491

Old news now but Hawkins cleared for a dangerous tackle. Geelong players cleared as usual. What a shock.
The chicken-sh!t double standards of the AFL is appalling..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit like Sheedy and the Giants. Clarko would be a great get to build the whole damn thing.

So Andrew Russell is tipped to get the sack at the Blues.

I remember the uproar when he left us and how we would be stuffed without, how Boyd had no idea what he is was doing.....
Where has that come from?

I hope they do as he has only done 2 seasons there and fitness advisers normally take 4-5 years for their programs to reap rewards with a playing group.

That would be a huge fall from grace for Jack in a very short time...and a likely very short sighted decision by Carlton.

Like Sheedy at GWS?
Bit like Sheedy and the Giants. Clarko would be a great get to build the whole damn thing.
Yeah pretty much. I know it's a pretty out there idea but I reckon that challenge would appeal to him a lot more than taking on some basket case club with a list he'd probably take 3-4 years to get close to what he wants anyway.

I think a great fear for AFLHQ is what a 19th team would do to the spectacle of the game. A rough entry with many beltings in the first couple seasons is unavoidable, but after that to be left with another Gold Coast type side perpetually struggling would be a disaster. It needs to be successful quickly.

If Clarko is passionate about Tasmania having a team, and about coaching again in the future, and Tasmania getting a team in the near future is inevitable, then the AFL should be seizing the opportunity to get the best coach at the helm of it. There won't be a better option in the next 5 years.

Majak in trouble for whacking our boy... Mason Cox. 😳

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back