Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodoro did not draft the players Ess recruited last yr.

Dodoro tried desperately to retain the players that left and stop said draft picks coming in to the club. And in fact in refusing to trade Sleepy Joe to Syd the yr before cost Ess draft picks.

Dodoro tried desperately to spend Ess' draft picks on Dunkley.

Ess drafting and rebuilding last yr was clearly done against Adrian's wishes with him kicking and screaming trying to prevent it and even sabotaging it.

Yet somehow Ess 'success' this season was helped along by Adrian according to some.

No - Essendon's success* was despite Adrian Dodoro's best efforts to ruin it.

Adrian must continue on at Ess. He has contributed to Ess redefining 'success'

*Success for Ess these days is scraping into an elimination final and getting flogged.

Dodoro tried desperately to retain the players that left and stop said draft picks coming in to the club. And in fact in refusing to trade Sleepy Joe to Syd the yr before cost Ess draft picks.

Ess drafting and rebuilding last yr was clearly done against Adrian's wishes with him kicking and screaming trying to prevent it and even sabotaging it.

Yet somehow Ess 'success' this season was helped along by Adrian according to some.

*Success for Ess these days is scraping into an elimination final and getting flogged.
Great post.

More fan fiction.

If he 'tried desperately to spend Ess' draft picks on Dunkley' why didn't we pay the two firsts Footscray were demanding?

But the Bulldogs knocked back pick seven and a future second rounder on the final day of the trade period, after demanding Essendon’s two first round picks, leaving Dunkley stranded back at Footscray.

“Essendon put their best scenario to the Bulldogs and that wasn’t enough to get it over the line. To be fair, the Dogs put a heavy price on Josh because they rate him highly.

“At the end of the day, Essendon weren’t able to finalise a deal and (Bulldogs list manager) Sam Power held his ground and he had every right to as well.

“It is disappointing for the player as he wanted to leave.”

I think it was 2 x 1st round, and one of them would have been pick 5, the other was around pick 10. Or one would have been the one they got from Carlton for Papley - which was contingent on Daniher being released.

Ended up being a massive mess, Essendon got far less compensation than they could have, Papley stayed and played finals with the Swans, and Carlton.... well once again they "Carltoned".
I don’t think pick 5 and 9 were ever offered for Jo. Dodoro demanded them, but Sydney didn’t pony up. Sydney we’re willing to give pick 9 (Carltons pick for Papley) and a later pick.

That’s the reason the trade didn’t happen. Not because Dodoro wanted more than two top ten picks.

I don’t think pick 5 and 9 were ever offered for Jo. Dodoro demanded them, but Sydney didn’t pony up. Sydney we’re willing to give pick 9 (Carltons pick for Papley) and a later pick.

That’s the reason the trade didn’t happen. Not because Dodoro wanted more than two top ten picks.
haven't seen confirmation of that, but either way - lucky Sydney!

More fan fiction.

If he 'tried desperately to spend Ess' draft picks on Dunkley' why didn't we pay the two firsts Footscray were demanding?

He tried to spend draft picks on Dunkley. That is not in dispute. No fiction there.

Ess have a real problem with Adrian.

At heart he is a salesman and deal maker. He wants to win the signature of a player and then win the deal.

Those would be ok traits in a list manager in a flag window. Sadly for Ess, Adrian wouldn't know a flag window if it blew open and smacked him in the face.

There is no strategy or due diligence. Why keep targeting small bodied mids? Why over pay for Shiel when everyone who watched him knew he was a butcher? Where is the due diligence on recruiting Saad? Why hang on to Daniher and not cash in on the Syd offer? Daniher was broken physically and mentally and wanted out and Syd wanted to overpay. Why go after head case like Stringer? Anyone watching his finals work would know he usually craps the bed and either overreacts to a perceived injury and/or underperforms.

Bizarre list management and wastage of draft picks that could have been used to have a proper rebuild.

Where is the list strategy beyond targetting the next shiny thing and clinging to what you have?

Am thrilled Adrian is nowhere near my club. Am equally happy that he looks like remaining a permanent fixture at Ess.

Syd offer for Daniher

He tried to spend draft picks on Dunkley. That is not in dispute. No fiction there.

Ess have a real problem with Adrian.

At heart he is a salesman and deal maker. He wants to win the signature of a player and then win the deal.

Those would be ok traits in a list manager in a flag window. Sadly for Ess, Adrian wouldn't know a flag window if it blew open and smacked him in the face.

There is no strategy or due diligence. Why keep targeting small bodied mids? Why over pay for Shiel when everyone who watched him knew he was a butcher? Where is the due diligence on recruiting Saad? Why hang on to Daniher and not cash in on the Syd offer? Daniher was broken physically and mentally and wanted out and Syd wanted to overpay. Why go after head case like Stringer? Anyone watching his finals work would know he usually craps the bed and either overreacts to a perceived injury and/or underperforms.

Bizarre list management and wastage of draft picks that could have been used to have a proper rebuild.

Where is the list strategy beyond targetting the next shiny thing and clinging to what you have?

Am thrilled Adrian is nowhere near my club. Am equally happy that he looks like remaining a permanent fixture at Ess.

Not sure any of these tales are accurate not that the answers why are overall a good thing for Essendon.

Dodoro was under the direction to keep Daniher so he did.

Dodoro was cut out of the Shiel deal because he refused to give up two first round draft picks.

I don’t really see how spending draft picks on a 23 year old Dunkley is a flag window move.

haven't seen confirmation of that, but either way - lucky Sydney!

They kept Papley which I think they are happy about. Who knows how much football Joe would have played if he had left Essendon. The talk was that he was saving himself for the new team which is why he didnt play earlier than he did.

Sydney still do need someone to replace Buddy. I dont imagine he will have the same year next year - being a year older, but who knows.

Not sure any of these tales are accurate not that the answers why are overall a good thing for Essendon.

Dodoro was under the direction to keep Daniher so he did.

Dodoro was cut out of the Shiel deal because he refused to give up two first round draft picks.

I don’t really see how spending draft picks on a 23 year old Dunkley is a flag window move.

It's a funny thing all the stuff ups are never Adrian's fault.

If you are cut out on big List decisions why stay?

If the club has such little faith in Adrian's decisions why keep him?

It doesn't add up.

It doesn't add up.

I agree that that Dodoro’s tenure is a weird one but what I’ve said above isn’t me trying to make excuses for him. Being cut out of the Shiel deal reflects poorly on him and Essendon as a club. If you’re list manager says no we don’t want to give up that much for player x then you overrule him what’s the point of having him as your list manager.

It doesn't add up.
No you're right

It was Adrians fault we didn't get max return for Daniher, didn't work out terrible but could have been better.

Dan Richardson did force his hand on the Shiel deal, it's also why he is no longer at the club.

Thankfully he stuffed up the Dunkley trade and didn't trade away the future on a player who is worth 1 first round pick at best.

anything else from Dodo's number one fan?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah its a tad difficult to gauge based on what Dons fans have claimed over the years.
Whenever there is a debacle or they look back unkindly on a deal, they claim it wasnt him that did it. eg Daniher/Shel.
But if anything actually works out alright its Dodo that is suddenly a bloody genius.

Its that 6000+ days without making a single list that can win a final that is all the evidence anyone should require.

No you're right

It was Adrians fault we didn't get max return for Daniher, didn't work out terrible but could have been better.

Dan Richardson did force his hand on the Shiel deal, it's also why he is no longer at the club.

Thankfully he stuffed up the Dunkley trade and didn't trade away the future on a player who is worth 1 first round pick at best.

anything else from Dodo's number one fan?

Archie Perkins instead of Logan McDonald and one of Pickett, Georgiadis or Weightman IS a terrible outcome IMO.

I'm yet to see a coherent rebuild strategy. Go for the next shiny new thing and hang on to existing players seems the dominant strategy.

Oh and recruiting a chronically injured Devon Smith and A Cooney? Why? Where is the due diligence?

Good luck with it.

Archie Perkins instead of Logan McDonald and one of Pickett, Georgiadis or Weightman IS a terrible outcome IMO.

I'm yet to see a coherent rebuild strategy. Go for the next shiny new thing and hang on to existing players seems the dominant strategy.

Good luck with it.

Archie Perkins is so good looking though, no way we'd want to give that up.

Good luck with it.
In fairness, i'm unsure how Dons could have picked McDonald instead of Perkins.

Oh and recruiting a chronically injured Devon Smith and A Cooney? Why? Where is the due diligence?

Good luck with it.
Are we the only club that brings in previously injured players? what a stupid thing to only lay on Dodoro

And let's hold off on young player discussion until a few seasons yeah.

Please tell me what a coherent rebuild strategy is?

In fairness, i'm unsure how Dons could have picked McDonald instead of Perkins.

Or Pickett, or Georgiades or Weightman? Pretty sure they were all from a different draft anyway.

Not a fan of Dodoro, but that was a pretty silly and factually incorrect post.

Or Pickett, or Georgiades or Weightman? Pretty sure they were all from a different draft anyway.

Not a fan of Dodoro, but that was a pretty silly and factually incorrect post.
Maybe he was thinking pick 3 (used for LMcD) was on the table for Joe.
It wasnt at any stage. Scuba and the other Dons fans in the media were the only ones pushing that line trying to help out their mate...the usual fluff Dodo does every year.

Twists and Bends.
Carlton would have been happily playing Papley, Sydney playing Daniher and Franklin together, and Dons would have chased an extra couple of flankers from the draft in the teens.

And Dodo warms up with a dependable defender, further depriving Norf of anyone called J Kelly. Welcome y'all, Dodo Time is upon us.

Yeah I am sure North fans are crying into their snowflakes on missing out on a list clogger that most Crows fans are happy to see the back of :)

First Peter Wright, now Jake Kelly - confirmed destination club.

It’s a tough ask, but I’m hearing the Bombers brains trust are putting in plenty of work behind the scenes to get one of Sean Lemmens or Ben Ronke to the club for 2023.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back