Rumour Assistant Coach Gossip

Remove this Banner Ad

Is someone trying to sabotage 2022?

So we’ve lost 2 coaches. And will replace 1 of them.

1.3mil worth of players off the list (Rocky, Hammer, Garner), possibly more to leave, How will we use that large amount of space? Who will we bring in, and can we do it without destroying our draft hand?

A lot of our big names also out of contract at the end of 2022.

How will our players respond after the PF meltdown? Will it scar our players anywhere near us much as the 07 GF?

It seems a lot could possibly go wrong in the next 12-18 months. And if it does hit the fan, and Ken survives it, then it doesn’t give the supporters much hope.

Bank the savings if not having to pay Voss so we can pay out hinkley.

Farken campaigner farken
I don’t know if it’s called savings when we are $12-15m in debt.

Slightly worries me that we underpaying salary cap and skimping on soft cap to keep the wheels turning.

So we’ve lost 2 coaches. And will replace 1 of them.

1.3mil worth of players off the list (Rocky, Hammer, Garner), possibly more to leave, How will we use that large amount of space? Who will we bring in, and can we do it without destroying our draft hand?

A lot of our big names also out of contract at the end of 2022.

How will our players respond after the PF meltdown? Will it scar our players anywhere near us much as the 07 GF?

It seems a lot could possibly go wrong in the next 12-18 months. And if it does hit the fan, and Ken survives it, then it doesn’t give the supporters much hope.

The board is gearing up for change maybe.

But they have a real coach.
I'm jerkin' the gherkin a bit because obviously regardless of job title Goody has senior heads around him like Choco & Richo, I don't think it's a position that needs to be filled necessarily though especially with old buggers like Hinkley & Fagan.

I'm jerkin' the gherkin a bit because obviously regardless of job title Goody has senior heads around him like Choco & Richo, I don't think it's a position that needs to be filled necessarily though especially with old buggers like Hinkley & Fagan.
If Hinkley was gone I reckon Choco could have returned as player development coach but with Ken here that was never going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of me likes the idea of a pared back coaching group. It just feels like a much tighter group.

Football GM: Chris Davies

Head Coach: Ken Hinkley
Forward Coach: Nathan Bassett
Midfield Coach: Scott Camporeale (incoming)
Defence Coach: Brett Montgomery

Development Coach: Chad Cornes
Development Coach: Trent Hentschel

SANFL Coach: Mathew Lokan (outgoing)

Outgoing:
Jarad Schofield: (Camporeale)
Michael Voss: (no replacement)
Mathew Lokan (tbc)

It will be interesting to see what happens with Lokan replacement for the SANFL coach.
Maybe Chadbro gets another go at it.

Part of me likes the idea of a pared back coaching group. It just feels like a much tighter group.

Head Coach: Ken Hinkley
Forward Coach: Nathan Bassett

Outgoing:
Jarad Schofield: (Camporeale)
Michael Voss: (no replacement)
Mathew Lokan (tbc)

It will be interesting to see what happens with Lokan replacement for the SANFL coach.
Maybe Chadbro gets another go at it.
Apart from Hinkley the other fly in the ointment is continuing with *ingg Bassett as a forwards coach though ugh.

Hinkley's gone if we don't win a premiership next year, so I'd imagine the club think there's no point in filling a senior assistant role. He either can do it on his own and get a premiership, or he's gone - in which case we would likely have to redeploy the senior assistant to suit the new head coach.

Captain/Coach: Travis Boak
Forward Coach/Player: Zak Butters

Pared it back just a little more....

Hinkley's gone if we don't win a premiership next year, so I'd imagine the club think there's no point in filling a senior assistant role. He either can do it on his own and get a premiership, or he's gone - in which case we would likely have to redeploy the senior assistant to suit the new head coach.

I love your wishful thinking. If we are $13-15m in debt, I could only see Ken being sacked next year if we really plummet down the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back