List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

The media
I watched 4 games of underage football this year which is about 3 more than I would normally watch. I’m admittedly shithouse at picking underage talent but in each of the games I watched my eyes were drawn to this Arthur Jones kid featured in this article. I would love to rookie him and see what he turns into but thankfully I don’t know how to cobble. Still, I’m a little surprised I haven’t heard more about him from the guys that do watch a lot of junior footy.

I watched 4 games of underage football this year which is about 3 more than I would normally watch. I’m admittedly shithouse at picking underage talent but in each of the games I watched my eyes were drawn to this Arthur Jones kid featured in this article. I would love to rookie him and see what he turns into but thankfully I don’t know how to cobble. Still, I’m a little surprised I haven’t heard more about him from the guys that do watch a lot of junior footy.

I think Jones is WCE NGA, or they forgot to register him? Can’t remember.

He and Tunstill are ones that I struggle to place; both have some tricks that make them nice talents to have around and both could very well appear before some of the more obvious talked about WA talent like Dittmar, Sheldrick, Motlop and Browne. Having said that, they are kind of 2.5 out of 5 type players and there are a lot of those in this draft including many less seen ones in Victoria, so it equally wouldn't surprise me to see them last till the rookie draft.

I thought Jones showed a lot more potential than Motlop in the last U19 game and if we were after a small forward from WA (not really a proper criteria for a recruiter but certainly of appeal on BigFooty) and I probably finished the game going Jones > Motlop.

Tunstill was good in the first U19 game with good stats and good numbers of goals from the midfield and is a good size; I know Chris25 likes Browne but whilst at the mid point of the season I was Browne > Tunstill I think I have flipped my opinion on this now. Having said that both are nice kinds of depth players to have around with no strong weaknesses.

I think Jones is WCE NGA, or they forgot to register him? Can’t remember.

Yes not a WCE NGA pick.

Would GWS really pull the trigger on Mac Andrew at Pick 2?!!

Jordan McArdle
@jordan_mc12
·
WAFC talent boss Adam Jones hopeful of 10-15 WA draftees, including as many as six in 1st round.
Taj Woewodin topped the 20m sprint, his East Fremantle teammate Corey Warner the 2km and Swan Districts defender Bryce Watson won agility.

I think my mob are going to take the one you dont at 8.

Reason is simple we have big long term key forward needs there is only the ageing Riewoldt and Lynch on the entire list along with a mid need.

If you take Erasmus first i can see us jumping all over Amiss and if you take Amiss first we will take a mid and target JVR at 17 imo.

I think my mob are going to take the one you dont at 8.

Reason is simple we have big long term key forward needs there is only the ageing Riewoldt and Lynch on the entire list along with a mid need.

If you take Erasmus first i can see us jumping all over Amiss and if you take Amiss first we will take a mid and target JVR at 17 imo.
You really should have taken Cerra, if you take a mid you will hope he’s that good.
Pick 9 is too low for Amiss or another KPF unless it’s Andrew IMO

I'm expecting there to be a Victorian tall forward surging into contention as clubs who think they've kept the word on him quiet and they aren't talking to Cal Twomey realise that every other club also knows who he is and have been interviewing him and the word will get out to the media then whoosh, suddenly everyone will be talking about - rushed right into the top ten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting there to be a Victorian tall forward surging into contention as clubs who think they've kept the word on him quiet and they aren't talking to Cal Twomey realise that every other club also knows who he is and have been interviewing him and the word will get out to the media then whoosh, suddenly everyone will be talking about - rushed right into the top ten.
Is this a general vibe or is there a specific prospect that fits the mould?

I am not into the draft selection side of things, and have no ide how it all works. It is a mystery to me.
I wonder however, if after Fremantle use their early selections, would they look at any players from the WAFL for late selections.
I wonder if the young South Fremantle kid, Toby MCquilkin , would be looked at by the club.
I watched him during the WAFL finals series and he looks an impressive young back man.
Very light on, only 70 KGS, 184 cms. Twenty years old.
As I said , light on, but he reads the ball well, has good skills and is fearless.
He had an impressive series and was roundly applauded by commentators of the game.
Just a thought.

Ward is a winger that went inside to improve his versatility. Valente will be lucky to make it at all tbh.

Ward would be a good fit if say Erasmus and Rachele are gone.

Ward is too small. I have no issue with taking Rachele (similar size) to play as a forward, but we don't want our prime mids being Brayshaw, Serong and Ward. It won't work as a collective. Plenty of big mids are going to be around the mark.

Guys am I correct in saying Tunstill is in next years draft..not this years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back