Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:
I am not saying he is innocent, far from it, so maybe read my posts properly.

Now tell me which media article you believe?
The one where the victim has a split lip or the one that he has just bruising?

The one where they punched him, or the one where they kicked him?

You seem quick to make your mind up, so which one got your attention?

My point is, I will wait and see what happens.

Well that is fair enough, apologize if I probably went too far on my high horse.

Whatever happens, I do sincerely hope Jordan as a human being (not just an amazingly talented footballer) can learn from all of this and get the help he needs for his alcoholism and probably anger management too..

He is not beyond redemption, but he has to work his ass off and be sincere in his attempts to try change his bad boy ways.

He is 26 next year. He is not a young and naive person anymore (at least in terms of not being able to take ownership and mature responsibility for his actions)

I imagine the woman in question claimed it occurred, thus the original charge.
I was hastled by security at Coles because a woman thought I was filming her with a hidden camera. I constantly write at work and carry a Sharpie in my top pocket of my Yakka shirt...Woman have become remarkably sensitive to their personal space, the stories I could tell!....ladies, most men are not perverts!!!

I was hastled by security at Coles because a woman thought I was filming her with a hidden camera. I constantly write at work and carry a Sharpie in my top pocket of my Yakka shirt...Woman have become remarkably sensitive to their personal space, the stories I could tell!....ladies, most men are not perverts!!!

Except the majority of women have experienced some form of harassment, and often worse, from men that look “normal”. Talk to the women in your life and you’ll probably be shocked to hear some of the “safety measures” that they have to use on a day to day basis. The fear for women, and the woman in the incident you described, is very real, because all too often the threat is equally real. As men, we need to move away from being offended by how women perceive us, and start concerning ourselves more with changing the behaviour of the men in our lives who make them perceive us that way.

You mentioned that you have lots of stories to tell. Consider the individual women in your stories, I don’t doubt your innocence in those stories, however I’d be willing to bet that those women felt that way because someone in the past who looked just like you, behaved in the exact way you were behaving, went on to hurt them in some way.

Except the majority of women have experienced some form of harassment, and often worse, from men that look “normal”. Talk to the women in your life and you’ll probably be shocked to hear some of the “safety measures” that they have to use on a day to day basis. The fear for women, and the woman in the incident you described, is very real, because all too often the threat is equally real. As men, we need to move away from being offended by how women perceive us, and start concerning ourselves more with changing the behaviour of the men in our lives who make them perceive us that way.

You mentioned that you have lots of stories to tell. Consider the individual women in your stories, I don’t doubt your innocence in those stories, however I’d be willing to bet that those women felt that way because someone in the past who looked just like you, behaved in the exact way you were behaving, went on to hurt them in some way.
Terrible take.

‘all too often the threat is equally real’. No, it’s not. If you study the crime stats, of people murdered by a stranger, 84% are men. Of rape victims, about 95% of perps are known to the victim. In public, women might get wolf whistled, but it’s actually men who are much more likely to be victims of violence. Conversely, the most dangerous place for women, statistically, is their own home. The fear you are talking about - of ‘stranger danger’ for women - has largely been concocted by the media. Some women may take extreme precautions, but it does them a disservice to encourage them to perpetuate fears that are disproportional to the data on threat.

no, men don’t need to concern ourselves with how other men behave. Why on earth would I be responsible for a group whose members I have nothing in common with except the shape of my genitalia? I don’t hold all muslims responsible when there’s an act of terrorism perpetrated by someone who is Muslim. I don’t hold black Americans responsible when there is a gang crime with a black perpetrator. The idea that men are empowered to - and responsible for - stopping bad men, and that women are damsels in distress who need to be saved, is a reinforcement of archaic gender stereotypes.

no, men don’t need to concern ourselves with how other men behave. Why on earth would I be responsible for a group whose members I have nothing in common with except the shape of my genitalia? I don’t hold all muslims responsible when there’s an act of terrorism perpetrated by someone who is Muslim. I don’t hold black Americans responsible when there is a gang crime with a black perpetrator. The idea that men are empowered to - and responsible for - stopping bad men, and that women are damsels in distress who need to be saved, is a reinforcement of archaic gender stereotypes.

I probably didn’t communicate what I meant by that well enough. I’m certainly not pushing the “women need saving” type of idea. What I mean is that we all have a responsibility within our own groups of mates/family to identify when each other are exhibiting toxic behaviours and call them out.

To use your analogy, no, obviously it is not all Muslims responsibility when one extremist commits and act of terrorism. However, it is certainly the responsibility of the people within that person’s circle to intervene should they see any kind of extremist behaviours that could lead down that path. That’s what I’m talking about here.

Terrible take.

‘all too often the threat is equally real’. No, it’s not. If you study the crime stats, of people murdered by a stranger, 84% are men. Of rape victims, about 95% of perps are known to the victim. In public, women might get wolf whistled, but it’s actually men who are much more likely to be victims of violence. Conversely, the most dangerous place for women, statistically, is their own home. The fear you are talking about - of ‘stranger danger’ for women - has largely been concocted by the media. Some women may take extreme precautions, but it does them a disservice to encourage them to perpetuate fears that are disproportional to the data on threat.

Could you please cite the source for this, I’d like to get a greater understanding on what those numbers represent before commenting.

I probably didn’t communicate what I meant by that well enough. I’m certainly not pushing the “women need saving” type of idea. What I mean is that we all have a responsibility within our own groups of mates/family to identify when each other are exhibiting toxic behaviours and call them out.

To use your analogy, no, obviously it is not all Muslims responsibility when one extremist commits and act of terrorism. However, it is certainly the responsibility of the people within that person’s circle to intervene should they see any kind of extremist behaviours that could lead down that path. That’s what I’m talking about here.

Could you please cite the source for this, I’d like to get a greater understanding on what those numbers represent before commenting.

I must say the bbc seems reputable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess personally, I'm surprised that JDG wasn't screaming his **** off about this version of events from the very beginning. Apparently, according to him, he was just sitting there minding his own business the whole time, and everyone else came up completely unprovoked to start stealing and assaulting him for absolutely no reason. And then they manufactured completely false serious assault allegations against him out of pure spite.

Why let the terribly negative version stand for over a week when you were the completely innocent victim just fighting off random bullies?

It seems odd to only get this story out after days of being bunkered down with his legal team.
I'd say he has some experience in these matters and knows there is nothing to gain making statements to the media without first consulting lawyers.
I understand he did speak privately to the club, which is probably what matters.

The self-defense thing isn't going to fly; his mate was the one who glassed the person and then De Goey kicked and stomped on him once he was on the ground. That's not defending yourself, once the fight is over and you were only defending yourself you distance yourself from it.
I'm assuming this was according to the guy involved in the fight.
May or may not have happened. I'm sure there will be witnesses. So will soon come out.

See that's the thing.

2 conflicting stories.

People on here are believing both, but they are a bit overboard.

She was sneaking under the ropes to steal drinks, but they were dancing with her?

I wouldn't personally put a huge amount of stock in the DeGoey statement version of events as being 100% true and accurate.

If there was video footage, surely it would show them dancing, or show her stealing drinks.

It may not show him groping her because of the crowd, but surely it would show if he was telling porkies.

We might never know, depends what level of information we get when (if) the assault charge goes to court. Maybe he'll settle his way out of the charge.

We might never know, depends what level of information we get when (if) the assault charge goes to court. Maybe he'll settle his way out of the charge.
This is the point I am making, we don't know and may never know, but many on here think they know.

You have hinted that the woman is telling the truth and JDG is lying, but then you say we may never know.

This is the point I am making, we don't know and may never know, but many on here think they know.

You have hinted that the woman is telling the truth and JDG is lying, but then you say we may never know.

I couldn't prove in court that DeGoey was guilty. But fortunately, I don't have the same burden of proof as a court.

I suspect on the balance of probabilities DeGoey isn't innocent in all this. That's not the same as knowing.

I couldn't prove in court that DeGoey was guilty. But fortunately, I don't have the same burden of proof as a court.

I suspect on the balance of probabilities DeGoey isn't innocent in all this. That's not the same as knowing.
Yep, you made your mind up, partly because you think JDG is scum and is probably lying.

But.

You are entitled to think any way you want, but if you make those thoughts known, then others can judge.

If JDG is lying, like you think,( but are not sure) then the woman is telling the truth.

This woman that you have no idea about, who may have been stealing, a thief, in your eyes is telling the truth.

Remember the charges have been dropped.

Yep, you made your mind up, partly because you think JDG is scum and is probably lying.

But.

You are entitled to think any way you want, but if you make those thoughts known, then others can judge.

If JDG is lying, like you think,( but are not sure) then the woman is telling the truth.

This woman that you have no idea about, who may have been stealing, a thief, in your eyes is telling the truth.

Remember the charges have been dropped.
It's about a balance of probabilities though isn't it. If this was a first offence then I suspect there'd be fewer people not backing DeGoey's version of events. The facts are that he has been accused of very similar things in the past and also has a track record of lying about fights in clubs.

If there was video footage, surely it would show them dancing, or show her stealing drinks.

It may not show him groping her because of the crowd, but surely it would show if he was telling porkies.

I suppose it depends on whether he was in his private section. If he was, then the only way he could have groped her would be if she came into that area which I assumed would have been roped off.

It's about a balance of probabilities though isn't it. If this was a first offence then I suspect there'd be fewer people not backing DeGoey's version of events. The facts are that he has been accused of very similar things in the past and also has a track record of lying about fights in clubs.
That's fine, I am not trying to change your minds, not the point I was making.

You can think whatever you want, put it in print though and others can pick holes in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back