Rumour Oh Wayne. You've done it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Carey accused of owing $600k in loans
Former footy great Wayne Carey is being chased over more than $600,000 in loans he allegedly owes to his brother’s roofing company.

How could someone like him be short of money? He would have been the highest paid player at the Roos for 10 years and would be on mega bucks with his media commitments.

How could someone like him be short of money? He would have been the highest paid player at the Roos for 10 years and would be on mega bucks with his media commitments.
There are many ways to spend large quantities of money. I'm sure Wayne has enjoyed himself over the years.

Wayne Carey accused of owing $600k in loans
Former footy great Wayne Carey is being chased over more than $600,000 in loans he allegedly owes to his brother’s roofing company.

“You’re scum Wayne!” - Joe Bloggs (owes a million dollar mortgage to the bank)

Why is a roofing company (albeit one of which his brother is a director) 'lending' Wayne Carey over half a million dollars? :think:

And it must be quite a successful company to have the ability to lend said sum. :think:
Or at least it was, until it was placed in liquidation the following year. :think: :think:
The Sunday Herald Sun can reveal liquidators have launched action against Carey as they try to recoup funds from his brother’s roofing company.
Queensland-based D & J Carey Roofing Pty Ltd, of which Kevin Frederick Carey, known as Dick, was a director, was placed into liquidation in May 2018.
In a statement of claim filed in the Brisbane District Court in June, Morton + Lee Insolvency allege Wayne Carey owes the company $566,176.04 for loans he received in the financial years 2015-2016 and 2016-2017.
With interest from the start of the liquidation in 2018 until June 2021 the total amount now being pursued is $652,956.09.

Last edited:
Why is a roofing company (albeit one of which his brother is a director) 'lending' Wayne Carey over half a million dollars? :think:

And it must be quite a successful company to have the ability to lend said sum. :think:
Or at least it was, until it was placed in liquidation the following year. :think: :think:
Building companies and liquidation.

A tale as old as Methuselah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point.

What's the scandal of just having a loan and how is it even news?

Why does it say "accused".

Check your calendar Mr. Hayward, it's the off-season.
AFL player/coach/identity spotted at KFC/taking out the bins/getting hair cut/walking dog/having a coffee - it's all apparently 'news' this time of the year..?

Last edited:
Different twist on a Jewish Stocktake.

There is no way in hell Carey has money concerns, is extraordinarily wealthy and property magnate.
Probably the case of, could sell some assets to easily cover it, but i doubt he just has 600k in his back pocket

Probably the case of, could sell some assets to easily cover it, but i doubt he just has 600k in his back pocket
No need, unless the loan is made out to him personally. Surely he is not that dumb.

Wind up the Co, reset Dick up doing whatever Dick does. Pay 10c in $ and credit rating not affected.

I reckon that’s the plan.

It is pretty easy to run up big money in "business loans" when you are a director of a business and take money out without having a good understanding of where the business is at or the right processes in place. Any drawings that are not paid as salary fall into the "loans" category. It is basically a list of transactions / drawings that aren't allocated. The accountants in here might be able to explain it better maybe.

The question is whether Wayne and Dick did it knowingly or are just dumbarses who misjudged their tax bill i reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back