2022 preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you actually care?
Unless you're in the loop you'll have no idea.

Of course I don't care. That's why I bothered to come here to start up this thread, with the deliberate desire to waste everyone's time.

And how ironic that you point out that you only care about whether players are on delayed pre seasons when the two players I actually mentioned by name are seemingly avoiding just that.

Yep he looks in great shape too. Now just needs to play well.
Yep. Really like seeing Jezza out there too. I've been a critic, but coming back early, keen, to a non-compulsory session, is just the kind of thing I like seeing from him this time of year. Needs a big pre-season. With Stewart, don't know whether to be heartened, or to have the heart in the mouth by seeing him back this early.

Cooper Stevens the focus for mine...

its his time to get going consistently

GO Catters

this for mine. No excuses, if he is good enough he should be breaking into the best 22. Having a third season midfielder come in and hold his spot will be paramount for our future health

this for mine. No excuses, if he is good enough he should be breaking into the best 22. Having a third season midfielder come in and hold his spot will be paramount for our future health

Only concern is the very limited football he's played over the last two years. Didn't play at all this year if I'm not mistaken. Just how much will that hinder him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be good to see Shannon Neale in the VFL play ruck in 2022 ( and the Greek for a matter of fact )
But with Neale, if you had to choose 1 position for him. Do you see him as a Ruck? Or Key Position Forward?
I say it's a bit early i know he moves good for a big fellow has good hands, he only played about 5 mins in the ruck twice, this year we will know more about him

Only concern is the very limited football he's played over the last two years. Didn't play at all this year if I'm not mistaken. Just how much will that hinder him?
in saying that, he has had 3 pre seasons in the system of conditioning to some extent, including a full pre season hopefully this one coming... if he is good enough to be a top level AFL midfielder, he should crack his way into our side. the injury excuse won't cut it for me.

It will be good to see Shannon Neale in the VFL play ruck in 2022 ( and the Greek for a matter of fact )
But with Neale, if you had to choose 1 position for him. Do you see him as a Ruck? Or Key Position Forward?

For mine.. its very early ...who knows how players will develop really..... 12 months in where did we have Lonergan playing?

From what I have seen... Forward with minutes in the Ruck. but it will depend on our ruck setup and how he develops. As it stands , he doesn't have a big bulky Darcy type body, he does have aerobic capacity, is very good at running. If we want someone who cover the ground as a mid type in the ruck then maybe thats his role in the future one he is built for it.

But Im not placing too much hope on him till I see more, and he is secured at geelong for the longer term.

Forward mainly who can pinch hit in the ruck..

The boy has some serious talent too.

Totally agree Jack The Godfather - this one is equal parts impressive footballer and athlete.
His kicking technique for a guy> 200cms is a sight to behold.
I think we're getting to the stage where the athletic, mobile, 200cm talls will start to become a trend for key position players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back