Current 9yo Charlise Mutten - Blue Mountains * Justin Stein charged with murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Child Services was supervising the arrangement. In the interests of "fairness" and "giving the mother/daughter relationship a chance", they may have arranged for the visit. It's hard to imagine they wouldn't at least have known about it. If it was a private arrangement, the mother pleading with her mother to allow her to see her daughter, Child Services should have been notified.
If the grandmother had permanent custody, there is no reason for child services to be involved at all.

'Video footage and GPS data helped lead police to find the body of a missing nine-year-old girl in a barrel in NSW’s Blue Mountains.'

This video footage is reported to have included from Bunnings and a Service Station.

With it being reported that the mother (not the Grandmother I assume) made the call to Police to report her daughter missing.

Unless the media is getting the mother and the Grandmother mixed up, since the Grandmother appears to have been Charlise's normal principal carer up in Coolangatta QLD

Some more details below on what is reported that the accused tried and failed to do in his alleged attempts to dispose of the body.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/t...e/news-story/b8180f823dab70b6897f9a5999b933af
'The man charged with the murder of a nine-year-old girl was caught on CCTV buying 100 kilograms of sand from a Bunnings store, before trying to dump her body in the Colo River, police will allege.
They will further allege that the combination of her weight, the weight of the sand and the barrel concealing her, meant he was unable to get it into the water — with NSW Police left to make a grim discovery by the banks of the Colo River on Tuesday night.
It is believed the young girl — who cannot legally be named — may have been dead for up to three days before her mother made a desperate call to Triple-zero to report her missing last Friday, January 14.'

'Police sources said homicide detectives were able to track down the alleged killer through a combination of GPS data, phone records and CCTV allegedly showing him inside the Bunnings hardware store and at a Marsden Park service station buying fuel.
It will be alleged that fuel was put into a boat driven from the Blue Mountains property where the man and girl had been staying.
But when he got to the Windsor boat ramp and tried to launch the boat, it was “inoperable”'

The accused is or shortly will be in Silverwater Prison, and is 31yo (not 32yo).

'Mr Stein will be taken to Silverwater Prison, where he will spend 14 days in quarantine due to the COVID-19 pandemic.'

'CORRECTION - The accused is 31, not 32 as originally disclosed by NSW Police.'

So Police reportedly have evidence of Charlise being killed between 7pm Tuesday to 10am Wednesday (a 15 hour period).

And that the accused's legal team claim that he has long-standing mental health issues.

'Court documents reveal the girl was killed between 7pm on Tuesday January 11 and 10am January 12, but police were not made aware of her disappearance until days later.'

'His lawyer did not apply for bail but told the court he was suffering long-standing mental health issues.'
Dont they always have mental health issues when caught? Sadly just like the mother got off light for the first death who love of drugs caused, some "progressive" judge will fall for it and let this scum off easy.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having a little cry now. Just seems even worse to think her own mother might be involved. The betrayal.

Now it's looking like it's a case of deadbeat mum protecting her deadbeat boyfriend over her own child. Absolutely disgraceful. Not the first woman to do that and sadly not the last.

God it's awful.
Agree.... cannot even in my worst nightmare see a mother supporting this....

The accused is or shortly will be in Silverwater Prison, and is 31yo (not 32yo).

'Mr Stein will be taken to Silverwater Prison, where he will spend 14 days in quarantine due to the COVID-19 pandemic.'

Im sure the inmates would like an introduction to this piece of...

Dont they always have mental health issues when caught? Sadly just like the mother got off light for the first death who love of drugs caused, some "progressive" judge will fall for it and let this scum off easy.

He’ll probably say he doesn’t remember ☹️

I think being under the influence of drugs or alcohol should mean a more severe sentence, not used as an excuse.

Of course he's got mental health issues, he's a god damn junkie! This is cold and calculated, the steps he has taken to dispose of the body show this. And where the hell was the mother from the time of death until the Friday morning when she was reported missing. She is up to her eyeballs in this.

Of course he's got mental health issues, he's a god damn junkie! This is cold and calculated, the steps he has taken to dispose of the body show this. And where the hell was the mother from the time of death until the Friday morning when she was reported missing. She is up to her eyeballs in this.
Great points I hope they can prove he was sane enough to do all the above... therefore culpable

Sorry I didn’t mean to sound like I was throwing grandmother/grandparents under the bus. Just trying to make sense of it all and frustrated really, at the mother and her fiancée. I know these child protective and custody issues can be complex.
Beautiful statement from the bio dad. Poor man :-(

Great points I hope they can prove he was sane enough to do all the above... therefore culpable
The onus is on him to show he was not sane, and the bar is high. Unless he was psychotic and didn’t appreciate the gravity of what he was doing it’s not likely to go anywhere, and his efforts to cover it up won’t help at all.

Even then, people found not guilty by reason of insanity usually face equivalent periods in psychiatric care, so it’s no picnic. His goose is cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.... cannot even in my worst nightmare see a mother supporting this....

Unfortunately a) drugs can lead people to make some terrible choices and b) some people dont have the right skills or heart to safely parent their kids regardless which is why in these cases the family and the system need to protect these kids from their parents.

Sadly we will never be given a referendum on bringing back the death penalty so the best justice will be if the guards in jail accidentally let other prisoners get to them both.

So, you don’t condone murder in some cases, but you are happy to let prison officers do your dirty work? If you don’t like our legal system, maybe move to the US. I hear South Carolina is looking for people to work in executions, because that job takes a huge toll on those who have to do it. IMG_1146.JPG

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Mental issues are the biggest cop out in the justice system IMO.

The onus is on him to show he was not sane, and the bar is high. Unless he was psychotic and didn’t appreciate the gravity of what he was doing it’s not likely to go anywhere, and his efforts to cover it up won’t help at all.

Even then, people found not guilty by reason of insanity usually face equivalent periods in psychiatric care, so it’s no picnic. His goose is cooked.
He is gone, no chance of pleading insanity, bought stuff to bury body etc..
if he pleads guilty he is getting 30+ at
A minimum

Interesting choice of words here. Difficult to contact her, difficult to approach her.

I'd expect something like "unable to question her further as she is receiving treatment/in medical care"

Why would it be difficult to contact someone in hospital? Is she refusing to take their calls?

Why say it's difficult to approach her? Implies they've tried to approach her but.... too distressed, too volatile, aggressive, violent?

And doctors not allowing police to speak with her? Is she that unwell? A child has been murdered. I wonder if she's at a hospital with a psych ward or she's had heart issues or what.

"Kallista suffered a medical episode after her daughter's disappearance, which she is still receiving treatment for in hospital.

It means police have not been able to interview her yet.

"It has been difficult to approach and contact her but at some stage hopefully when doctors allow, we will be talking further with her," Deputy Commissioner Hudson said."

Interesting choice of words here. Difficult to contact her, difficult to approach her.

I'd expect something like "unable to question her further as she is receiving treatment/in medical care"

Why would it be difficult to contact someone in hospital? Is she refusing to take their calls?

Why say it's difficult to approach her? Implies they've tried to approach her but.... too distressed, too volatile, aggressive, violent?

And doctors not allowing police to speak with her? Is she that unwell? A child has been murdered. I wonder if she's at a hospital with a psych ward or she's had heart issues or what.

"Kallista suffered a medical episode after her daughter's disappearance, which she is still receiving treatment for in hospital.

It means police have not been able to interview her yet.

"It has been difficult to approach and contact her but at some stage hopefully when doctors allow, we will be talking further with her," Deputy Commissioner Hudson said."

The doctors will have a focus on the wellbeing of their patient first and foremost and won't allow questioning if it is likely to have a negative health impact, and police need to make sure she is 'fit' to be interviewed when they do, otherwise any good lawyer will challenge anything that transpires during an interview and maybe even have it disallowed in court. But it is a temporary situation and they will interview her in due course and she won't have the chance to collude with her scumbag partner before she does.

I hope those 14 days are the best of the rest of his miserable life.

Do the police have some sort of new technology where they can access recordings of all our phone conversations or were the fiance and the mother texting each other about buying fuel and sand?

This all happened before the call was made to report Charlise missing so how do the cops know the details of the conversations the mother and the fiance had?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back