Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Carlton and Changes for R2 vs GWS

Best 5 vs Carlton?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get off the grass man or maybe get on it ,,,he’s had lots of chances , I don’t mind how he’s going right at the mo but don’t come at me that he hasn’t been given a chance , he hasn’t made the most of them , I’m holding he’s turned the corner
he wasnt developed as a mid

dimma slimmed him down into a pow after 2019 and put him on the wing . shouldve been developed as a full time mid

Get Stack in
Reckon he is one of those players that performs better at AFL level than he does at VFL level
Don’t mind the idea of using Stacky as HF , had some great desperate acts in that final R game in ‘21 that showed he can roll the sleeves up and if it means more time for shai in midfield it’s a big win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those calling for Caddy in should have seen his VFL form on Thursday. He is finished and if he plays this year we are in very big trouble.
Caddy needs to play while JR is out, obviously playing for his career. im one of a small number that is think he still in our best 25 and cotchin, sheds, meat, jR, taz will be managed and or injured at various stages and im tippin if he aint in soon with vloss, jR, meat and lambie out he may as well go out partying with nardia again. :(

Watched reply....ouch. we got a few umpire gifts in the 3rd. smashed in the midfield late. (well documented) gave away too many 50's grrrr stupid players and incompetent and over zealous umps.

Carlton got 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 10 of the last 11 free kicks. WTF. Aarts got it in back pocket :oops:

Get Stack in
Reckon he is one of those players that performs better at AFL level than he does at VFL level
Stack was one of about two players that had a good report from the VFL on the weekend (Manfred from Talking Tigers), 'did well on the wing before moving forward and kicking two goals'. Was best with Pickett the week before on the wing, so you'd say he has put his hand up as the best performed of the VFL matches. The wing is the perfect spot for Stack, so good with the ground in front of him and good defensively, just needs a couple of matches under the belt.

Caddy needs to play while JR is out, obviously playing for his career. im one of a small number that is think he still in our best 25 and cotchin, sheds, meat, jR, taz will be managed and or injured at various stages and im tippin if he aint in soon with vloss, jR, meat and lambie out he may as well go out partying with nardia again. :(
Why go back to Caddy. He hasn't really played in years, and when he has he has been underwhelming to be kind. Play Miller as a lead up forward. He played there in the VFL last week. He is fast, tall and a straight kick. Lynch will get Davis who is a very good player. Balta will get the Taylor and Miller Keefe. 3 good matchups. Keefe would kill Caddy in the air. At least Miller is quick and might get him on the lead. Time to make some bold decisions.

I cant believe the afl has already shafted us to sundays after one sh*t year

we pretty much made all the money for the afl from 2017-2020 and there was record profits for them during our dynasty

This is where we need to focus on the kids and development. The virus is still around, inflation is rising and we really need to sure up the future while AFL HQ is throwing us under the bus anyway. We can't make massive revenue gains in this environment currently with the obvious headwinds so we need to focus on bringing in new talent and sureing up the future I think so RFC becomes the strongest club in the land

Although we played pretty ordinary last week we can't change the whole team.

I reckon players like Aarts, Ross, Graham etc will all keep their spots because of our injury list (YET AGAIN)

IN: Stack, RCD, Hugo

OUT: Jack, Prestia, Bolton

I would say the Cotchin plays on the half back this week, he's no good in the middle anymore.
Saying that, RCD should be given a proper run this year if he's any chance to improve to an A grade footballer, I liked him last year but he faded towards the end of the season (as you'd expect from a debut season). He's got a good foot and his big body presence might be what we need in place of Prestia.

I like Hugo in the team he plays on the half back but could also play forward if we needed him to.

I would REALLY like to see Stack in the forward line, last year against the hawks they moved him to the forward line once we thought the game was lost and he kicked 2 beauty's to keep us in it, He's a natural forward but also gives us the option to rotate him back for someone like Balta or Hugo for a change.

As much as I was shocked and dismayed by our lose to those flogs carlspoon, I'm still not ready to swap my seat on the Tigs Train for the up and down ride of the Tigs Rollercoaster, I was sick last time on that ride and don't want to jump on there again so soon.

Turbo Fun Fact: when I joined BigFooty I called my self Tigerturbulance because that's what it felt like each season being a Tigers supporter (before 2017).
Turbulence is one of the most unpredictable of all the weather phenomena that are of significance to pilots. Turbulence is an irregular motion of the air resulting from eddies and vertical currents. It may be as insignificant as a few annoying bumps or severe enough to momentarily throw an airplane out of control or to cause structural damage.

What I do know is that this week against GWS is a must win, if we don't then historically a 0-2 start says our season is over or at the very least it will be tough to go all the way.

Note: Five teams who started their season 0-2 in the last decade have managed to play finals (Swans 2014 and 2017, Pies 2018, Bombers 2019 and the Bulldogs 2020) so if we do go 0-2, I will be hanging onto that fact to get me through to round 3. Go Tigs!!!!!!!

Why go back to Caddy. He hasn't really played in years, and when he has he has been underwhelming to be kind. Play Miller as a lead up forward. He played there in the VFL last week. He is fast, tall and a straight kick. Lynch will get Davis who is a very good player. Balta will get the Taylor and Miller Keefe. 3 good matchups. Keefe would kill Caddy in the air. At least Miller is quick and might get him on the lead. Time to make some bold decisions.
with the crystal ball out and in hindsight caddy should have played ahead of aarts, jack graham and soldo who were all rubbish

and yes its hindsight, but if caddy was selected thursday and plays well most likely we win. because JR was useless after breaking a thumb early and caddy would have been handy close to goals as well as when prestia limped off he could've and would've been more use with his big frame and mean attitude than a flagging JG, a fumbly Aarts and a out of sorts soldo

and dont give me me that codswallop about miller being a better option at the moment going in to a vital clash......he's played 5 minutes forward against carlton ressies in a scratch match where caddy has set us alright in finals and can tag team with dusty...

depending on form, injury and teamlists, caddy is unlikely to be at tigers in 23. so no doubt will get a farewell game or two or 3, if this is the case...get him in now...how often does someone playing for their careers get a 2nd wind.

This is where we need to focus on the kids and development. The virus is still around, inflation is rising and we really need to sure up the future while AFL HQ is throwing us under the bus anyway. We can't make massive revenue gains in this environment currently with the obvious headwinds so we need to focus on bringing in new talent and sureing up the future I think so RFC becomes the strongest club in the land
What's the point of chasing revenue anyway, you can't spend it on football department and if you make too much the AFL taxes you by reducing your distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back