Preview 2022 Round 3 vs St Kilda Marvel Stadium April 3 3.20pm - MADDIES MATCH

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big game this week. Does it loom as more of a task than what we faced going into the GWS game last week? No.

We played really well and we found our mojo last week and had a lot of players stand up. The INs of Grimes and Jack look to bolster our team even further. If we bring the same intensity that we brought last week well then I don't see why we don't win, even if the saints play well.

Wonder if they will give JR a rest. The ground requires speed and is hard, so maybe rest him.

Having said that I keep saying JR playing a free role gets me excited. Reckon he could rip a game apart if he plays that all over the ground, being where the oppo don't want him to be, game JR could be awesome.

On the game, bring last week's intensity and we'll do them. Play 4 quarters and we could smash them if they play like the first 2 weeks. please let this happen.

Was the last time we played these minnows at the g Nick riewoldt last game? Seem to always get them at this dump.
A few years back the AFL in their infinite wisdom had our home game at Marvel and then their home game at the G.

Maurice for castagna would be the other change

Not sure what MRJ will turn into long-term, but from what I’ve seen so far he is miles off it from a quality and fitness standpoint.

I’m no fan of Georgie, but he has been OK this year and kicked an important goal on Sunday… he’s of far more value than MRJ right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure what MRJ will turn into long-term, but from what I’ve seen so far he is miles off it from a quality and fitness standpoint.

I’m no fan of Georgie, but he has been OK this year and kicked an important goal on Sunday… he’s of far more value than MRJ right now.

I was impressed with Maurice in the VFL on the weekend, had stints in the midfield and looked good. Think in the next couple of years as he gets stronger and fitter he could really be a dangerous player.

In saying that, I don’t think Castagna is a player that needs to make way for us to improve. I think he is actually very capable of hurting opposition teams when we get on top.

You didn’t watch the VFL last week did you?

I thought the same about MJR until I saw his game in the VFL, was bloody awesome
Played mostly midfield, 18 touches, a goal, a speccie, 7 tackles too, and his fitness and strength has improved heaps

Was super impressive
Exciting times ahead for us with Maurice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big game this week. Does it loom as more of a task than what we faced going into the GWS game last week? No.

We played really well and we found our mojo last week and had a lot of players stand up. The INs of Grimes and Jack look to bolster our team even further. If we bring the same intensity that we brought last week well then I don't see why we don't win, even if the saints play well.
Backing it up - a trend we want to get back to.

I was impressed with Maurice in the VFL on the weekend, had stints in the midfield and looked good. Think in the next couple of years as he gets stronger and fitter he could really be a dangerous player.

In saying that, I don’t think Castagna is a player that needs to make way for us to improve. I think he is actually very capable of hurting opposition teams when we get on top.
As long as Castagna, Aarts and Ross are lining up in our team, we’ll always be below our best. They are the weak link. Need those 3 to be replaced with more talented youngsters. Mind you been saying this for 5 years and George has 3 medals

A few years back the AFL in their infinite wisdom had our home game at Marvel and then their home game at the G.
Was part of their financial equalisation strategy - campaigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back