Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScoMo took the ICAC to the last election as a promise... yet we know he wasn't serious, but is blaming the other parties for not letting him jam one through at the 11th hour when we all know he did that deliberately hoping it would fail.

Mind you, ALP have been no better on an ICAC yet either... as both parties would prefer to avoid accountability to the public.
Here in SA the virtual dismantling of our ICAC got a near unanimous vote in Parliament across both sides.

I asked Rhiannon Pearce, now member for King her views on the ICAC when she doorknocked our house.

Did not want to talk about it. She was not an MP when the vote took place. But still tried to pad it away.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve seen 2 advertiser surveys. About 3 weeks ago 50% said they’d still wear them after mandate removed and more recently 43% said removing them was too soon. There is no chance whatsoever that when you’re out and about every second person will be wearing a mask. The support for masks is from the interminably stupid and/or those who have largely ceased participating in society.
Also consider human nature and our innate need to fit in socially. A lot of those 50% will change their tune when they're in a minority and will start copying everyone else.

Also consider human nature and our innate need to fit in socially. A lot of those 50% will change their tune when they're in a minority and will start copying everyone else.

A fair bit would be the insufferable feeling of being superior playing out. They love the mandate because, like Cap, they believe it puts them above those that question the reasoning. With the mandate removed, they’ve lost their high horse, but they’re still riding it for as long as they can.

How about Albo making up an economics background?

He starts the week by saying he will answer any question, then tries to make a policy announcement without taking questions and then when he backflips he gets bombarded with questions putting him under pressure again and he calls it after 8 minutes.

Has there been a worse start and it’s only been 3 days!!

How about Albo making up an economics background?

He starts the week by saying he will answer any question, then tries to make a policy announcement without taking questions and then when he backflips he gets bombarded with questions putting him under pressure again and he calls it after 8 minutes.

Has there been a worse start and it’s only been 3 days!!

They need to hide him like they did Biden. Still, can’t see them losing unless they unfurl stupid policies like they did last time.

They need to hide him like they did Biden. Still, can’t see them losing unless they unfurl stupid policies like they did last time.
Yeah, think they’ll win unless he keeps ******* up. But don’t think it will be the flogging it threatened to be.

And if it makes Kirky squirm a bit it would have been an enjoyable campaign

A fair bit would be the insufferable feeling of being superior playing out. They love the mandate because, like Cap, they believe it puts them above those that question the reasoning. With the mandate removed, they’ve lost their high horse, but they’re still riding it for as long as they can.
No that's just you putting your spin on it hide your insecurities because some people don't agree with you.

I'm fine for you to question the reasoning, but given you are a well known pseudo expert, with no relevant skills in literally any topic you've ever spoken on. I don't weigh your views as highly as other sources.

So no, I don't think I'm better than you. The main difference between you and me, is I'm willing to acknowledge I'm not the expert and take on board information from credible experts in the field to either maintain or change my views.

But you stick to whatever view you concocted that broadly sits with your beliefs and ignore anything to the contrary.

It's just two different ways of looking at the world

This is a world wide problem for the remainder of 2022 with the potential outcome of a recession (hopefully mild) in 2023.

I don’t even blame Biden for all of it. Some of it was in motion before he came into office (even if his administration made it much worse, and then gaslit people into thinking it wasn’t even happening).

But calling inflation “Putin’s Price Hike” is just gravity-defying levels of dishonest.

That’s beyond politics, that’s a total inversion of reality.

They’re just staring down the barrel of the camera now and telling people the sky isn’t blue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inflation genie seems to be out of the bottle in EU

Australia sitting at 4.9% as at January 2022

I hope you guys banked a payrise to cover at least a bit of that.

Inflation genie seems to be out of the bottle in EU

Australia sitting at 4.9% as at January 2022

I hope you guys banked a payrise to cover at least a bit of that.
Thankfully so many Aussies are employed

Interesting. Quite a shift for Labor who are now in Turnbull territory, presumably having been scared away from a big progressive policy agenda by the outcome of the last election. Coalition drifting closer to One Nation.

67u4Zzf.png

Party positions in Vote Compass are determined by way of a two-part process. A research team of political scientists analyzes the available data on party positions vis-à-vis the issues reflected in the questionnaire. Based on this analysis, a determination is made as to how each party would respond to each proposition. The research team then initiates a direct dialogue with each of the parties represented in Vote Compass as an additional check as to the accuracy of its calibrations. All parties are provided with an opportunity to review and, if necessary, challenge the calibrations before Vote Compass is launched.

For a full account of the Vote Compass methodology visit https://voxpoplabs.com/votecompass/methodology.pdf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back