Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they'll be ignoring them at all - but they don't actually require their votes in order to get legislation passed.

I'm sure they'll be working very closely with them though, knowing that the next election will probably result in a hung parliament and they'll need to negotiate with these same people if they want to form Govt again in 2025. Actively pissing them off, when you'll likely need their votes for supply & confidence votes in the future, is something that only the Liberals are stupid enough to do.
Also, there is often a loss of a member who either does something stupid or defects, so best to have good contingencies in place.

If the Liberals don't change their ways, we could see a bigger growth in the Teals next election & they do hold the balance of power... so as you say, best too work with them where possible.

Sturt (1%) is looking like the 3rd most marginal seat behind Deakin (0%) & Gilmore (0.4%).

Pork-barrelling incoming...

Bizzare that it took an almost wipe put of city seats to point this out.

But I'm hoping for some long over due infrastructure in Sturt.

Bizzare that it took an almost wipe put of city seats to point this out.

But I'm hoping for some long over due infrastructure in Sturt.
May be our local member may actually pull his finger out & do something useful... & we might hear from him during the next 3 years, rather than a month before the election which tons of spam.

May be our local member may actually pull his finger out & do something useful... & we might hear from him during the next 3 years, rather than a month before the election which tons of spam.
I'm thinking state Labor might have a crack at Bragg this bi election.

Could be some promises there too

Slippery Pete

Can't see you travelling to Belgium

Crisp.

This is a situation like Ebola where it should be easy to isolate and eliminate because the symptoms are so obvious, and it’s hard to spread.

This is one of the exact diseases where the quarantining of actual cases will be effective and achievable, unlike the last two years of bullshit where millions upon millions of healthy, asymptomatic people were locked in their homes.

Anyway election is over, I’ve spent most the day arguing the same crap. I’m not keen for that to continue.

Let’s hope Albo holds it together and actually leads a decent government. I also hope the Coalition don’t pick Dutton, the Nats pull their heads in and the Coalition doesn’t veer right.

I’ll drop in occasionally to say hi to kirky but in the meantime have fun without me.

Loving us and leaving us…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back