Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One or my most hated politicians... who if elected as leader will only send them further backwards... which isn't good for democracy as we need a strong opposition.
Looks like they are trying to find a decent moderate to be deputy.

It's interesting, assuming there is any truth in the articles, about the fight to return to the centre and the fight to go further right.

The Teal “Independents” are not independents, they are a coalition of climate-activist funded candidates, who duped the electorate into voting for them under the auspices of the trusty “independent” banner.

This garbage that it was some kind of female-voter backlash against the Coalition is just horseshit.

People voted for these “independents” to ram it up the major parties, not realizing it was, for all intents and purposes, a vote for Spaghetti Albanese.

Anyway, whatever. I couldn’t stand seeing Flog Morrison get another term as PM, so who cares.

But this would be getting a LOT more negative press if it happened in reverse.

You know when you need to say it twice, it's usually a projection.

Are you ok? Need a break?
Rattled...

Donald Glover Wow GIF by MOODMAN
Snake Cornwall GIF by RattlerCyder

The Teal “Independents” are not independents, they are a coalition of climate-activist funded candidates, who duped the electorate into voting for them under the auspices of the trusty “independent” banner.

This garbage that it was some kind of female-voter backlash against the Coalition is just horseshit.

People voted for these “independents” to ram it up the major parties, not realizing it was, for all intents and purposes, a vote for Spaghetti Albanese.

Anyway, whatever. I couldn’t stand seeing Flog Morrison get another term as PM, so who cares.

But this would be getting a LOT more negative press if it happened in reverse.
What's your take? Just everyone hated Morrison? Even a massive portion of his own primary vote?

So when I mentioned the teals targeting the Libs and weakening them as being a bad outcome for democracy going forward, that was actually right, you need a strong opposition.
That's all on the Coalition for moving right & allowing the new Liberal moderates an agenda to campaign on & win.

I give it a couple of weeks max, cannot see Dan Andrews liking Dutton.

Dutton is going to be your man.
Not hard as most people hate Dutton.

Mind you I'm no fan of Andrews either.

That's all on the Coalition for moving right & allowing the new Liberal moderates an agenda to campaign on & win.
Liberal moderates...pull the other one Kano.
I'll happily visit this again in a couple of years when their voting preferences in Parliament will be there for everyone to see.

I refer you to Tealster Zali Steggall'd voting record who has already served a term in Parliament.
It's on the public record.

Mutineer - you still haven't explained how the only reason to the Tealsters won was because of money.... yet UAP who spent/wasted many, many, many times over didn't win a single seat.

Rather than laughing this off, how about you justify your claim.

I know you won't because you refuse to admit their voters left the liberals on policy alone!

That's a part of the trend no doubt.

Doesn't explain why all the moderates abandoned the Libs.

It's like the Libs moved in a direction asy from the moderates, but we can't put on our finger on it can we.

Maybe the libs stayed exactly where they were whilst the voting public has shifted left. Or at least want an ironclad commitment on emissions reduction. I think the 5% lost can almost entirely be counted by adding the 2 factors together.

Maybe the libs stayed exactly where they were whilst the voting public has shifted left. Or at least want an ironclad commitment on emissions reduction. I think the 5% lost can almost entirely be counted by adding the 2 factors together.
If the public have moved left, by definition the Coalition have moved right!

Either way, the coalition have lost the middle ground, much due to policy.

Mutineer - you still haven't explained how the only reason to the Tealsters won was because of money.... yet UAP who spent/wasted many, many, many times over didn't win a single seat.

Rather than laughing this off, how about you justify your claim.

I know you won't because you refuse to admit their voters left the liberals on policy alone!
GET UP were also heavily involved but I see you conveniently ignored that.

The fact they did the the major leg work knocking on doors and letter box drops and placement of advertising material posing as Teal volunteers should tell you all you need to know about where the Teal candidates allegiances lay.

The fact that you refuse to accept the reasons I gave is on you.
And I might add likely the arsewipes that defaced Frydenberg's cornflutes etc.

That is a possibility.

I doubt they'll ever tell us what the main issue was post review, but it would be fascinating.

My suggestion is Albo was unpopular and there has been a general shift away from the major parties to smaller parties and minor parties as the public are disillusioned with the politics of the major parties.

Do you think this is reasonable?
The people who didn't want to vote for Scomo outnumbered the people who didn't want to vote for Albo.

Different voters had different reasons, most had several reasons. We now know which way they voted but anyone who says they know why is only guessing. And the idea that it was one thing, and the same thing for every voter, is laughable.

Pardon my nuance.

The fact they did the the major leg work knocking on doors and letter box drops and placement of advertising material posing as Teal volunteers should tell you all you need to know about where the Teal candidates allegiances lay.

Yet UAP spent record money on election advertising & won nothing... so money is useless unless you have decent policies too!

And I might add likely the arsewipes that defaced Frydenberg's cornflutes etc.
Maybe don't have a go at me for offering up nothing when you do even less.

It seems excessive to demand what you can't bring.

Name calling aside 😉

Yet UAP spent record money on election advertising & won nothing... so money is useless unless you have decent policies too!
UAP candidates didn't have the GET UP army operatives on the ground but you can go on believing what you want I really don't give a gig what you think.

It's a bit dire when the Libs biggest cheerleader thinks their Blue ribbon seats are just a well funded opposition away from losing (even if that opposition still would have spent less)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back