Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven't followed it to closely at a seat level & suspect may be a majority government... but hoping for a minority.

ALP 75 (+6)
Coalition 68 (-8)
Greens 2 (+1)
Independents 4
Teals 2 (+1)
So kirky close with ALP & Independents, but understated loss of Liberals to Teals by a big margin!

Projected seats, out by
ALP 76 (+1)
LNP 59 (-9)
Greens 4 (+2)
Independents 4
Teals 8 (+6)

“They are all saying” and then proceeded to make a false stating
Read it George. Climate 200 or Get Up whatever the excuse.

It's suggesting that the Liberal seat would not have lost if the opposition didn't have money and resources George.

How could the Libs not match that George.

Read it George. Climate 200 or Get Up whatever the excuse.

It's suggesting that the Liberal seat would not have lost if the opposition didn't have money and resources George.

How could the Libs not match that George.
“All they are saying” means everyone is saying it, we are not, so you lied

“All they are saying” means everyone is saying it, we are not, so you lied
They could mean more than 1.

They doesn't mean everyone in any dictionary I've read.

But let me guess that's arguing semantics 🤣

And thank me when you meet someone who defines themselves as them/they. They are not referring to everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway election is over, I’ve spent most the day arguing the same crap. I’m not keen for that to continue.

Let’s hope Albo holds it together and actually leads a decent government. I also hope the Coalition don’t pick Dutton, the Nats pull their heads in and the Coalition doesn’t veer right.

I’ll drop in occasionally to say hi to kirky but in the meantime have fun without me.

All of his MP candidates looked like simply different variations of a used car salesman. Like an army of Old Gils.
Yes, it's like he was trying to deliberately assemble a group of the dodgiest politicians in Australia for his UAP.

You reckon they'd just ignore the crossbench?

What happens next election when things tighten up again? Or if not that one, the one after?

They'd be wise to be accomodating even with the majority. Never know when you might need allies.
I don't think they'll be ignoring them at all - but they don't actually require their votes in order to get legislation passed.

I'm sure they'll be working very closely with them though, knowing that the next election will probably result in a hung parliament and they'll need to negotiate with these same people if they want to form Govt again in 2025. Actively pissing them off, when you'll likely need their votes for supply & confidence votes in the future, is something that only the Liberals are stupid enough to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back