Review Port overcome Dogs 86 - 69

Remove this Banner Ad

We look lost, inept and without leadership. Whatever system we have just isn't working, we have great players looking ordinary out there. We are the easiest team in the game to play against atm. Opposition know that a single contested possession to an outside runner and its a shot on goal.

I just hope it doesnt take us another 5 years to work it out. I'm worried.

Our entire football department needs a clean out, hopefully whoever comes in can figure this out.

Considering how many are out and how many got injured during the game it was a great effort.

Our issues are obvious to anyone - backline too small, too many injuries, forward line relying on Naughton way too much.

But I’m proud of the effort tonight, they gave their all when everything was going against us.

Hopefully next year with less injuries and no scars from the Grand Final we can go again because this year it just isn’t happening for us.

We are still good enough to contend, but not this year.

Never going to win with the outs we had.

Power has done an amazing job at trades, but our unbalanced list sits with him. No pressure forwards and only 1 AFL standard ruck on the list.

I know people here didn’t rate Lewis Young, but he’s playing great for Carlton. Instead of us playing him, we gave games to Cordy who is horrendous.

With more injuries tonight, that’s season done in my opinion. This team isn’t winning 9 of the next 14. Think we are all entitled to feel pretty flat, our club has shown yet again we are incapable of handling success.

Has there ever been a coach that has made a grand final twice and not made the finals the next season twice?
Not off the top of my head, but as echo’d elsewhere, the Dogs have never played finals the year after appearing in a grand final.

This season tracking the same way.

As least I got my tip and margin right. :think: :(

I can not fault their endeavour. Their skills and judgement? Well, that's another story. Damn injuries!

Shut up Brian!

We look lost, inept and without leadership. Whatever system we have just isn't working, we have great players looking ordinary out there. We are the easiest team in the game to play against atm. Opposition know that a single contested possession to an outside runner and its a shot on goal.

I just hope it doesnt take us another 5 years to work it out. I'm worried.

I’m not worried at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were some really promising worrying signs tonight. I haven't seen us play with so much perfection uncertainty since the McCartney years.

We lacked conviction and our structure is shot to bits.

I'm not sure when's the last time I saw such lazy, dumb, selfish, pathetic football from our players. To give that effort and then suddenly turn it on with 6 miniutes to go, that's shithouse. A few tried for the whole game, the rest decided to pick and choose when to give a *.

And the coaching is no better. We don't change our defence until the last quarter? Don't do anything to help the players that are clearly doing badly? Don't try to use any of our strengths? Bevo's finally lost me. The year is done imo.

Still not happy with the selections.

Martin is cooked, VDM probably didn't deserve a game let alone be rushed in after a hammy, carrying too many VFL types, and letting a few 1st round selections rot in the seconds.

Are we rebuilding or trying to save the season because I can't actually tell which one it is??

VDM, McNeil & Scott combined for 18 possessions. Roarke had 11 at 54% playing wing.

We carry far too many players every week, yet continue to persist with the same plans. This is why the heat needs to start going onto the coach. He’s good enough to do it, but is he too stubborn to try it?

2016 if a soldier went down, we had another able to step in and we could keep going. Now if one goes down, they look underprepared and out of their depth.

So many of our better players from last year couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo this year.
This whole year is gonna be a slog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back