Autopsy Cats lose to Saints by 10 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost against the 4th place team by about 10 points. Im sure we're the worst team in the world.
It was obviously Stanley somehow, or the kids we played even though the senior players were probably worse and Selwood was pointing at everyone.
Its not that bad! We're on the right track this year.
What do people want? Gary Rohan to come back and definitely ruin finals?
Or keep having a go at building something real towards the end of the year.
We might lose some games, but better the unknown than the 100% known that we know doesn't work.
At least it's a bit exciting.
I think this is what most posters are advocating chief

No he didn't. Total myth.

Individual players haven't carried teams for a long long time. During Dangerfield's entire tenure at Geelong he's had Selwood, Duncan, and Guthrie as fellow onballers, plus plenty of others. Since 2017 Stewart has been there. Ablett was there from 2018-2020 and contributed very well (until the very end). The notion that brave Patrick has selflessly carried the team is complete fantasy. He was a gun when we got him, but after one awesome year, then one very good one, he's been declining ever since. And truthfully, now he is just another player.
Danger has won us so many H&A games since he got here it's not funny.
CS should really put a lot of his H&A record down to Danger.
But due to his constant wanting to win the Brownlow and never resting and kicking skills and the ability to connect with others he is never right for September.
So CS can also put down some of his finals record to Danger. (Selwood too)
It's a double edged sword having The Man or the Two Men in a team game that has 22 players on the field.

Where does this leave Scott in light of Hocking's KPI's, according to your source / info?
Hopefully on shaky ground as winning finals seems beyond us.
I expect Scott to try ... the rebuilding youth strategy now.
It also depends on who may be available to replace Scott as coach

When I hear more info... will post it here.

Hopefully on shaky ground as winning finals seems beyond us.
I expect Scott to try ... the rebuilding youth strategy now.
It also depends on who may be available to replace Scott as coach

When I hear more info... will post it here.
Take your time. What you hear, where would that come from?
CS will stay with us at least another 3 years.

Nice gratuitous snark against Danger.

Your hatred of him is completely deranged.

It's not hatred if it's just the truth. Look at his numbers, he's just another player and has been for some time now.

If you took away his name and past seasons you'd be calling him a B-grader right now. It's not what you have done, it's what have you done for me lately. Sport is all about update your resume.

Weird view to take, he's as much to blame as any for this sides inability to win one.

Let's be honest here, if Dangerfield plays anywhere near his best in either the second half of the 2019 prelim or 2020 GF, then he's got his premiership. That's on him. He's looked a shadow of his contemporary Dustin Martin when it's mattered most. He's got nobody to blame for his own performance but himself.

I'll take it further.

Since when did the club exist to give Dangerfield HIS premiership? Last I checked he played for the team; not the other way around. That's what I've hated about him coming to Geelong. An awful lot of it has always been about him. I couldn't care two shits whether he gets HIS premiership. I'm more worried about having a player who does what is best for the team. Including the occasional chase or being in the same postcode as his opponent when he doesn't have the ball.

The reality is he is a selfish footballer in steep decline, who continues to have absolutely zero accountability when he doesn't have the ball. You can get away with it when you're a legitimate gun. But he isn't anymore. There were earlier posts about the young players who needed to be dropped, and true most had shockers. But Stewart and Dangerfield would be just as deserving. They were horrible. Again.

It took St.Kilda a half to work it out, but they realised just like Hawthorn did he is two very different players. A composed and poised attacking half back flanker, who looks brilliant when the pace of the game is easy and the pressure isn't intense. He is also a fumbly and error-prone defender, who panics and makes basic errors when the heat goes up.

If sides work out how to put Stewart under pressure and tag Duncan we're in big big trouble.

Thats a good post - but as you know - this forum can be a little bit precious - you cant knock Tom - blah blah blah - personally for the accurate reasons you posted - i think he is overrated

You know Leigh Mathews when at Coll said Buckley was top onballer but a pretty average forward - and they played Nth Melb ( and were losing ) and he put Buckley on Carey - and for the very same reason when we play Melb next - id like Stewart to be played on Petracca - because im sick of Stewart getting all these cheap easy possessions - and the media fawn over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not hatred if it's just the truth. Look at his numbers, he's just another player and has been for some time now.

If you took away his name and past seasons you'd be calling him a B-grader right now. It's not what you have done, it's what have you done for me lately. Sport is all about update your resume.

His marking has dropped off dramatically this year too - even when he's had flat periods in seasons gone by his marking has often still been an asset around the ground, but I don't recall him taking too many contested grabs this year.

The midfield won't get any better unless we take a step back first and get some fresh blood in there. O'Bree pregame saying Stephens is unlucky but he has to make way because Selwood is back - if you're fair dinkum though you make room.
It was deranged to omit Stephens.

Our dominant CBAs are Selwood (in our best), Guthrie (meh) and Dangerfield (no good).

It really is time to push one of them out of the rotation and inject a permanent youthful presence. I have been saying this since pre round 1.

We lost against the 4th place team by about 10 points. Im sure we're the worst team in the world.
I don't think anyone is saying we are the worst team in the world.

Didn't we lose to Hawthorn? What position are they on the ladder out of interest?

I'll take it further.

Since when did the club exist to give Dangerfield HIS premiership? Last I checked he played for the team; not the other way around. That's what I've hated about him coming to Geelong. An awful lot of it has always been about him. I couldn't care two shits whether he gets HIS premiership. I'm more worried about having a player who does what is best for the team. Including the occasional chase or being in the same postcode as his opponent when he doesn't have the ball.

The reality is he is a selfish footballer in steep decline, who continues to have absolutely zero accountability when he doesn't have the ball. You can get away with it when you're a legitimate gun. But he isn't anymore. There were earlier posts about the young players who needed to be dropped, and true most had shockers. But Stewart and Dangerfield would be just as deserving. They were horrible. Again.

I've been saying this all year. His play is deteriorating and that's making his liability as a defender all the more apparent.

As you say, if you're dominating offensively we can cop that..but if you're just another guy (Or JAG as they say in the states) then you can't get away with that. Martin has had 6 weeks off doing nothing and he's looked far better than Danger has.

Danger has won us so many H&A games since he got here it's not funny.
CS should really put a lot of his H&A record down to Danger.
But due to his constant wanting to win the Brownlow and never resting and kicking skills and the ability to connect with others he is never right for September.
So CS can also put down some of his finals record to Danger. (Selwood too)
It's a double edged sword having The Man or the Two Men in a team game that has 22 players on the field.

So what you're saying is that they've been indispensable.
They still are, we have nothing in the cupboard of that quality while we run the kids.
Danger battling through injury, better than no Danger at all, despite the inability to superstar each week.

Thats a good post - but as you know - this forum can be a little bit precious - you cant knock Tom - blah blah blah - personally for the accurate reasons you posted - i think he is overrated

You know Leigh Mathews when at Coll said Buckley was top onballer but a pretty average forward - and they played Nth Melb ( and were losing ) and he put Buckley on Carey - and for the very same reason when we play Melb next - id like Stewart to be played on Petracca - because im sick of Stewart getting all these cheap easy possessions - and the media fawn over it
Petracca is as strong as any beast player we have witnessed. His vertical leap is great, and his acceleration is great. Maybe get Danger to tag him.
Who plays on Patrick Cripps? Even more beastly.

It was deranged to omit Stephens.

Our dominant CBAs are Selwood (in our best), Guthrie (meh) and Dangerfield (no good).

It really is time to push one of them out of the rotation and inject a permanent youthful presence. I have been saying this since pre round 1.

Yep, and if it is Stephens (and I saw nothing last week to make me think it would be bad) it means he might get to around 30-35 games by the end of next year. Which would be brilliant. And, just like Dempsey against Fremantle, and Knevitt tonight, he'll have some stinkers. But might as well get them out of the way.

The midfield won't get any better unless we take a step back first and get some fresh blood in there. O'Bree pregame saying Stephens is unlucky but he has to make way because Selwood is back - if you're fair dinkum though you make room.

No player in this team should have an automatic passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back