2022 Federal Election Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 can be found here

...because they're the same as the LNP.
amiright?
No because you can still criticise the ALP instead of giving them a pass when they do something s**t.
Asking about other policies or positions they have is irrelevant to whether you support what KKK tweeted about recovering immigration detention costs which is what I was posting about

Local campaign update in Aston. Labor have finally made letterbox contact with a candidate's letter and a flyer. One generic Green; six beefier Liberal flyers with some of it anti-Albo.

View attachment 1399853

Without much experience to compare it to, mood on pre-poll seems fairly positive. Even in Rowville, there isn't an obvious disproportion of people reaching for Liberal HTVs. Alan Tudge's misconduct does get brought up. Labor seem to have more volunteers around.

My sense is that the ground might be shifting. If a landslide around what Newspoll is showing eventuates, it would be a contender to fall, less likely than Casey, but possibly more likely than Deakin. The Liberal campaign here and elsewhere has very much switched to playing defensive.

Too many happy clappers in Ashton IMO.

Still got me ****ed why Deakin is so safe.

This is Labor selling out and refusing to battle Murdoch press.
It shows a lack of principle whichever way you look at it.
This isn't new behaviour from them. The blame always goes to Murdoch or the coalition for wedging them but they are quite capable of this s**t on their own.

If people are happy to call out the coalition but not the ALP when they do the same thing then their issue isn't the racism, it's the fact their racists aren't in power

This isn't new behaviour from them. The blame always goes to Murdoch or the coalition for wedging them but they are quite capable of this s**t on their own.

If people are happy to call out the coalition but not the ALP when they do the same thing then their issue isn't the racism, it's the fact their racists aren't in power
It goes back to Gillard who embraced hardline refugee and immigration policy.

It goes back to Gillard who embraced hardline refugee and immigration policy.
Rudd continued the NT Intervention work and policies.
Rudd did offshore detention
He did the apology as well.
He tends to focus on the apology
But if anyone thinks that the majors weren't racist from the start, when our society was highly racist......and built on it

Rudd continued the NT Intervention work and policies.
Rudd did offshore detention
He did the apology as well.
He tends to focus on the apology
But if anyone thinks that the majors weren't racist from the start, when our society was highly racist......and built on it

Maybe I'm naive, but I've never seen offshore detention and our treatment of refugees as racist per se. Because we allow thousands of immigrants into the country every year. In fact, most governments actively encourage immigration -- even conservative ones.

The difference with refugees and boat arrivals is that they are poor.

It's not an issue of race, it's an issue of money.

this s**t

This is why I didn’t renew my ALP membership many years ago.
NSW Labour is a shitshow.
But the LNP is a sh*tstain, especially the Young Libs, so I continue to vote ALP in the hope that the ALP finally get their act together.
Scott Morrison however is proof that the LNP is damaged beyond repair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe I'm naive, but I've never seen offshore detention and our treatment of refugees as racist per se. Because we allow thousands of immigrants into the country every year. In fact, most governments actively encourage immigration -- even conservative ones.

In the early 2000s the rhetoric was soaked in racism. There is no way if northern Europeans were coming here on rickety fishing boast they would have been subject to such vitriol.

After that it was a competition of who could be the toughest. Public opinion was pretty s**t.

The it's not racism it's classism it a great way of hiding the racism

All it really shows is money can overcome some barriers, not whether those barriers are rooted in racism

This is why I didn’t renew my ALP membership many years ago.
NSW Labour is a shitshow.
But the LNP is a sh*tstain, especially the Young Libs, so I continue to vote ALP in the hope that the ALP finally get their act together.
Scott Morrison however is proof that the LNP is damaged beyond repair.
I'll be putting ALP ahead of the coalition in the house, not sure ALP will even be on my senate votes though I'm working that out currently
Coalition ain't getting s**t in the senate

Funny how the battles picked are never in support or marginalised groups
No support for refugees, no support for welfare, except pensioners
No support for workers actions but stage 3 tax cuts are sweet

The it's not racism it's classism it a great way of hiding the racism

All it really shows is money can overcome some barriers, not whether those barriers are rooted in racism
Classism seems to be rooted these days in money, how much you own and how much you earn.
That seems to contradict with what I learned all those years ago.
Racism to me seems to be yet just another form of oppression that we are forced to learn and accept.

Very easy to claim the moral superiority where you literally are not trying to form government. I agree with many of the greens policies (or would at least prefer Labor moved more towards them) but refuse to reward a party who is not going to actually attempt to be elected

Very easy to claim the moral superiority where you literally are not trying to form government. I agree with many of the greens policies (or would at least prefer Labor moved more towards them) but refuse to reward a party who is not going to actually attempt to be elected
Lol

Classism seems to be rooted these days in money, how much you own and how much you earn.
That seems to contradict with what I learned all those years ago.
Racism to me seems to be yet just another form of oppression that we are forced to learn and accept.
Has there ever been a more tolerant society? We're not perfect but we've come along in leaps and bounds.

No because you can still criticise the ALP instead of giving them a pass when they do something s**t.
Asking about other policies or positions they have is irrelevant to whether you support what KKK tweeted about recovering immigration detention costs which is what I was posting about

Who was giving them a pass?

When has anyone recovered immigration detention costs?
It's all talk, to appease rednecks.
FYI, they can't bill refugees for their cost of detention, for exactly the same reasons they can't bill prisoners for the costs of their imprisonment.

So you're getting your jimmies rustled over a nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back