Analysis Changes vs Weagles Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles injury list is absolutely horrific. It’s worse than ours. Natanui, Allen, Ryan, Rioli, Hurn will all be missing. Chances too that shuey, Kennedy and sheed will all miss also.

Won’t play (of the guys that would probably be playing if fit):
Allen (done for season)
Sheed (may play WAFL, first game back)
Yeo (may play WAFL)
Ryan
Rioli
Hurn
Shuey (subbed out today with a back injury, he looks completely cooked anyway so you’re probably better off with him playing)
Petrucelle
Naitanui

Unlikely:
Petrevski-Seton (coming out of H&S late in the week)

Possible:
Kennedy (has had a couple of weeks off now so could bring him back in)

Plus you should get at least 1 more out for H&S - not sure who’s left on that list, hopefully Darling?

So yeah… 🤪

Timmy to miss again unless he puts pen to paper. No way we let him fly over there otherwise.

Seriously, Timmy in for Sweet and Cordy to give ruck chop out and provide a bit of help to Naughts forward.
I’d leave McComb and McNeil in as both hitting the Scoreboard until Weightman fit.

Last edited:

Allen (done for season)
Yeo (may play WAFL)
Ryan
Rioli
Hurn
Shuey (subbed out today with a back injury, he looks completely cooked anyway so you’re probably better off with him playing)
Petrucelle
Naitanui

Unlikely:

Possible:

Plus you should get at least 1 more out for H&S - not sure who’s left on that list, hopefully Darling?

So yeah… 🤪
I actually feel bad for you guys this season, our injury list is bad but that's just devastating.

Allen (done for season)
Yeo (may play WAFL)
Ryan
Rioli
Hurn
Petrucelle
Naitanui

Unlikely:

Possible:

So yeah… 🤪

Duggan's doing alright....

Out: Cordy, Scott & Cleary

In: English, Weightman & Crozier

Think we need to really try settle our backline.

Looks like Williams is going to be more up on a wing going forward.

Cleary has shown a bit but prefer the experience of Crozier & his intercepting ability.

McComb isn't getting dropped off another 2 goals and probably holds until a fit JJ, Hannan, Hunter etc are back.

Cleary has shown a bit but prefer the experience of Crozier & his intercepting ability.

McComb isn't getting dropped off another 2 goals and probably holds until a fit JJ, Hannan, Hunter etc are back.
Reckon it'll be pretty similar however feel that Cleary has done more then enough to hold his spot. agree on McComb I know he is the new whipping boy and even I was off him after the first round but he had a good game on the weekend and has shown continual improvement especially now he is handballing in traffic to teammates instead of the butcher kicks

Good injury update looks like we’ll have some boys back, possibly both JJ & Cody, who makes way for those two? JJ may make his way back through the 2s as it’s possibly getting a bit risky to bring in too many at once.

What about Wally? Unfortunately for him I think his best opportunity was over the past few weeks when Tim’s been out but now they’re both back at the same time. I think it’s either one of him & Buku, Buku deserves another chance to hold his spot and Wally can play twos but both need to perform in their respective games and could easily make this swap in the next few weeks.

Going off the Injury news sounds like Weightman is more likely to go through the VFL this week then AFL but Doc and English both fit and ready

Forgot about Doc.

He probably jumps in instead of Crozier.

Don't think Cleary will be out judging by Bevo's comments.

Duryea looks like he was playing a bit higher up the ground last time he played.

Beveridge in his presser said English and Weightman will probably be available.
Duryea a maybe, mentioned he trained today.
JJ is still suffering from illness and will probably miss.

My changes

In Weightman, English, Duryea
Out McComb, Cordy, Cleary

I like Cleary as a future player, but he made a few costly mistakes late in the game.
McComb isn't skillful enough for AFL football IMO.
Cordy was a bit undisciplined today and makes way for English.
Not to mention the mark that Cordy dropped in the goalsquare, he has not had more than about 8 possessions for weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leaning toward:

English for Cordy
Weightman for Scott

Scott unlucky, but McComb and McNeil did more and we need to keep the blokes that can hit the scoreboard in the team. McNeil’s chase and tackling has been impressive, something we’ve lacked.

Bevo wrapped Cleary up in the pressor,

6 day break back from Perth, id manage a couple, wouldnt put those soft tissue boys on the plane, could get hairy though

In. English, Doc, Jones, Wally
Out. TOB (managed), Keith (managed), Scott (a bit stiff but needs to honour those hit up targets not bomb long all the time), McComb

JJ and Weightman to play VFL

Bevo wrapped Cleary up in the pressor,

6 day break back from Perth, id manage a couple, wouldnt put those soft tissue boys on the plane, could get hairy though

In. English, Doc, Jones, Wally
Out. TOB (managed), Keith (managed), Scott (a bit stiff but needs to honour those hit up targets not bomb long all the time), McComb

JJ and Weightman to play VFL
Why would you drop McComb who just kicked 2 had 7 score involvements and finally worked out how to play his role for a skinny 19 year old kid that has done very little at VFL level?

English - Sweet.

Lock it in thanks Ed.

That. Is. All.

Duryea, Weightman and anybody else can come in the following week in a game that matters.

This game matters also.

Lessons to be taken from game vs Adelaide, come in not prepared to roll up your sleeves and work hard accompanied with getting selections wrong and thinking the game is won before the ball is bounced.

My expectation is we play this week as though we are playing a WC in Perth who is out to get a win in front of their home crowd.

This game matters also.

Lessons to be taken from game vs Adelaide, come in not prepared to roll up your sleeves and work hard accompanied with getting selections wrong and thinking the game is won before the ball is bounced.

My expectation is we play this week as though we are playing a WC in Perth who is out to get a win in front of their home crowd.
Did you not watch the Melbourne game? Crowd isn't an issue anymore but agree on the sentiment must win and must win big for the % boost

This game matters also.

Yup anyone writing off any game right now has no idea - this is probably the most important game of the year right now all things considered. Need a win and need percentage, we drop this and the years over. We’re not usually one to drop gimme games are we….

Did you not watch the Melbourne game? Crowd isn't an issue anymore but agree on the sentiment must win and must win big for the % boost

Which Melbourne game?

WC vs Melbourne? if so the crowd was not an issue because Melbourne put the game way early enough and WC did not get a sniff.

the longer WC are in the game whatever crowd is there becomes an issue.

This game matters also.

Oh, great you're a literalist.

Its not like I suggested resting The Bont, Naughton and Smith.

What I did suggest is bringing in our number one ruckman for another. Something that is completely in line with match committee selection practices.

Sure they'd like a win in front of their home crowd, but the reality is their side as it stands is an injury ravaged rabble sitting with one win on the bottom of the ladder. A side that has been belted by an average of greater than 60 points each they have run out on their home deck. This makes them an infinitely worse side than Adelaide who by and large have been competitive beyond expectation this season.

If we cannot win this week then literally none of it matters.

Which Melbourne game?

WC vs Melbourne? if so the crowd was not an issue because Melbourne put the game way early enough and WC did not get a sniff.

the longer WC are in the game whatever crowd is there becomes an issue.
Yes.

The Crowd wasn't a factor because it was non existent. They only had 27k which was 12k down from their last home game and I can't see it trending anywhere near upwards.

I love Cody but I really want to see him focus on forward pressure ahead of taking mark of the year when he returns.

Oh, great you're a literalist.

Its not like I suggested resting The Bont, Naughton and Smith.

What I did suggest is bringing in our number one ruckman for another. Something that is completely in line with match committee selection practices.

Sure they'd like a win in front of their home crowd, but the reality is their side as it stands is an injury ravaged rabble sitting with one win on the bottom of the ladder. A side that has been belted by an average of greater than 60 points each they have run out on their home deck. This makes them an infinitely worse side than Adelaide who by and large have been competitive beyond expectation this season.

If we cannot win this week then literally none of it matters.
No I’m not a literalist.

I knew you weren’t alluding to what I responded with.
I just took the opportunity to express a hope that we don’t let any complacency set in.

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back