Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 11 - Swans v Tigers Fri May 27th 7:50pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Different circumstances.

The Pie supporter is talking about Ginnivan being clipped in the head by that Richmond hero who was suspended. As the umpire said he couldnt pay the free as the siren had gone.

You can award a 50m penalty after the siren, for the exact reason you are claiming someone encroaching on the mark...which unfairly impedes play.

The point, that many seem to miss, is that the kicking the ball into the crowd post siren to celebrate the win doesnt meet any of the criteria of impeding player, delaying game or being unsportsmanlike.

So yes the nervous nelly umpire asked, should it be 50, and he was put in his box by the senior umpire who actually understands the intent of law 19 as it is written.

Players often kick the ball into the crowd post siren when celebrating a close game....nobody ever has mentioned that being an unsportsmanlike gesture, it is pure joy and celebration.
What a load of bullshit. If Richmond were 7 points down the 50 would have been paid without hesitation.

If the siren has gone, a free kick can ONLY be paid if someone is still to have a shot at goal right up until the goal umpire signals all clear or the ball becomes dead.

As no-one was still to have a shot, Ginnivan wasn't able to get a free kick.

It is how that example differs from tonight.

The non 50m penalty isn't even the one that bugged me. Although against us, can guarantee it doesn't get overuled.

If someone can justify the Sam Reid free kick for nothing that led to the first goal of the game, and the worst free in the history of footy paid against Rioli that led to a goal and momentum swing.....

Those two were far worse.

The 50m penalty isn't even the one that bugged me.

If someone can justify the Sam Reid free kick for nothing that led to the first goal of the game, and the worst free in the history of footy paid against Rioli that led to a goal and momentum swing.....

Yeah but those decisions didn't come after a 30 second conference with all 3 umps

The 50m penalty isn't even the one that bugged me.

The free kick for Reid was paid for an earlier hold than the replay Channel 7 showed. 7 only showed the replay of when the ball was right there, the whistle blew well before that.

Why was a free not paid against Vlastuin for pushing Chad 15m off the ball as he was chasing Parker's kick to the boundary? Would have ended the game then and there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should call whoever writes the rules and let them know then. View attachment 1410328
End of play, after a goal is different from end of play after the siren
I agree, a free kick can't be paid after the siren (if the incident occured after the siren). A 50m penalty can though because that's not a free kick :)
Oh my, you really do struggle
You should have gone to bed half an hour ago when I first suggested
That's your rebuttal?
The free was paid before the siren. Not the same thing as the pies game where there was no free in play.

The initial free to Prestia yes, the siren had gone before Warner kicked the ball

Oh my, you really do struggle

That's your rebuttal?

The initial free to Prestia yes, the siren had gone before Warner kicked the ball
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

What do you think it means by

"
After a field Umpire has signalled that play has come to an end, any field Umpire may
award a Free Kick to any Player when a Player is preparing to Kick or in the act of Kicking
for Goal. In such cases, the following shall apply"

The wording makes it impossible for "end of play" to be after a goal.

Play ending is the finishing of ANY quarter, including the fourth.

Thank you anyway.

What a load of bullshit. If Richmond were 7 points down the 50 would have been paid without hesitation.
If Richmond were 7 points down, the Tigers and Swans players would have turned around and started shaking hands and wouldnt have heard anything more about it.

The ball was on the wing, the siren went, Swans started celebrating...what the feck are you paying a 50 for during post game celebrations?

Back