Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately at this point they've probably received so many emails about selection over the last decade that the keyword "selection" sees your email automatically filtered into the trash

They don't want to hear it

Probably. But i've done the survey where i mentioned that selections have left me disillusioned. I've sent an email. I've not used my membership to attend any games this year. I won't renew.

If enough do that, they may get the message. Or it will be too late

What really shits me is during the bye, the club put out an interview with Nicks about what to expect for the second half of the season and he specifically mentions Newchurch and Cooky.

Perfect chance to get Bucky in this week with confidence and they go the safest braindead selection with Murphy. Pressure player for pressure player will be their excuse.

Started with Godden not being able to complete his assessment on Newchurchs game without being a negative nancy. Hope the media really put the heat on.
Pencil in r22 for Bucky and Cook against North.

I withdraw the suggestion since you have demonstrated that you are a wonderful judge of a footballer *🙄. An early turnover= banished for life.

After a season disrupted by injury and illness, most good judges (including our coaches) have been very pleased with his last two matches.

*Ben Keays not an AFL standard footballer????

I am a fan of Patty Parnell but he needs at least another preseason. I hope he isn’t ragdolled on Saturday
“an early turnover”?

do you watch the sanfl games at all?..

he did about 3 in a row.

he’s miles off an AFL recall.

It is just astounding that a team with a problem of converting chances and the worst culprit gets a free pass back into the first team.

Behinds are clangers and Murphy gives up the worst clangers of anyone.
It shows you how much Nick's values that dud McHenry that he replaced him with the closest thing he could find. Newchurch doesn't fit, he kicks too many goals.

D
3. and if Ned had been injured the past few weeks, and underperforming because of it, you can be guaranteed Burgess would've pulled him out of the team a lot earlier. Burgess is the best in the business.

i’d say he’s either hurt himself against north, or his “injury” is BS.. there’s no using it to excuse his shite form for the past month or so..
Doesn’t he encourage young players playing through injury?

If you're a crows fan trying to decide whether to go to this weekend's game and you see a promising young small forward on the verge of being selected (Newchurch), and you see a dud in Murphy getting selected over him... Why would you want to go?
Newchurch selection would have got me up and about this week. Feel a bit flat now.

At least with all this social media backlash Newchurch might get a game v Hawks next week which I am heading over for . Should really give a home debut with friends and family attending though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Why was he playing injured?

2. A factor in us getting flogged by Melbourne won't be Ned McHenry in or out.

Playing against a pressure team, with the absence of probably our highest pressure player won’t affect the outcome?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Strange take. We are getting destroyed by Melbourne no matter who on our list plays.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It sounds like you, and many other posters on this board, don’t actually understand Ned’s role. Of course we’re going to lose, but Ned’s ability to apply pressure and mitigate quality forward entries will be sorely missed

Berry is stoppage pressure, Ned is often stat-less outside pressure.

Stat-less outside pressure - Wowee better rush him back in ASAP!

Selection panel obvious agrees with you thinking Ned is an important player, but we are a bottom 4 club so I wouldn't hang my hat on that.

Stat-less outside pressure - Wowee better rush him back in ASAP!

Selection panel obvious agrees with you thinking Ned is an important player, but we are a bottom 4 club so I wouldn't hang my hat on that.

If Ned had more speed he’d survive AFL and potentially thrive with his current skillset

But given his lack of genuine speed / power he needs more offensive tricks , not sure where they will come from

Remove this Banner Ad

Back