Preview Round 17 changes v Pies Saturday 1:45 @mcg ( Nobles farewell game?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Walsh has taken down the name of every member of that selection committee and put a line through them for good. Will be watching the VFL instead this week.

The JHF situation is just not even worth commenting on atm I’m so mad haha.

Eddie Ford not in is ridiculous, we don’t reward form at all. Can do everything Mahoney can do and play tall as well…

Goater should’ve been rewarded also but I’m at least glad Perez good game was recognised.
Scott should be moved to a wing, Perez and Goat to HB
Apologies I thought I saw Mahoney on the ground*

On Walker, we have always been too tall down there against most opposition, makes sense to remove one of them. Bonar can play tall and Young probably as well so would think they would be the two to play on the pies tween forwards. We are slow down there so makes sense trying to be more mobile.

Would have liked to see Ford in but the addition of Jack stymies that.

On Walker, we have always been too tall down there against most opposition, makes sense to remove one of them. Bonar can play tall and Young probably as well so would think they would be the two to play on the pies tween forwards. We are slow down there so makes sense trying to be more mobile.

Would have liked to see Ford in but the addition of Jack stymies that.
This is true but on form this season it should be corr out not walker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker stiff but you've got to look at the matchups. Collingwood don't have the tallest forward line. We've lacked run out of our defence and now we have a chance. Excited by the prospect of a backline that doesn't have turner and walker down there. We might see some fast ball moment.

Happy to have perez and scott back. Hopefully they both play in the back half. And as sherm said, keep stevenson down there and give him the Hall role. Take the game on and get it in his hands as much as possible.

No JHF is odd. Spicer lucky but just glad to have him fit and playing. Can't see what he can do if he doesn't get an extended run out. 2 tall forwards is also exciting.

This is just about the most talented team we can put on the park.
I'd like to see JHF for Greenwood next week.
Eddie Ford in for Ziebell the following week. (More likely to be Lazzaro unfortunately)
Tarryn in for whoever is in the worst form the week after that if he has 2 really good weeks in the vfl.
That would be the best possible side we could field this year (Not counting Phillips)

The goat, comben or Cunners getting a game or 2 before the end of the year would be a massive bonus!!

I think thats it. 3 years of being beyond s**t as a team and were upset that Josh Walker was dropped.
This board cries for standards being set and Im sorry but the guy doesnt cut it as an AFL defender. Can he win a contest here and there and take a decent mark? Yes. Is he reliable and calm under pressure and a good user of the footy? * no.
We have won 8 and half games in 3 years and our backline being nowhere near AFL standard is part of the reason why. Not the whole reason but part of it.
He fills a need as VFL back up but we have Dawson now. Look no further than the 2 clubs that got rid of him and where they sit and then look at where we sit. Wake up guys

I think thats it. 3 years of being beyond s**t as a team and were upset that Josh Walker was dropped.
This board cries for standards being set and Im sorry but the guy doesnt cut it as an AFL defender. Can he win a contest here and there and take a decent mark? Yes. Is he reliable and calm under pressure and a good user of the footy? * no.
We have won 8 and half games in 3 years and our backline being nowhere near AFL standard is part of the reason why. Not the whole reason but part of it.
He fills a need as VFL back up but we have Dawson now. Look no further than the 2 clubs that got rid of him and where they sit and then look at where we sit. Wake up guys
Yep.

IN: JHF TT Ford Perez CCJ
OUT: Hall Turner Atu Walker Mahony

F*** It!
Also first time I have ever predicted the outs but still didnt get the Ins I wanted. Obviously Xerri was ruled out yesterday but its annoying we cant get JHF, TT and Eddie in though. Next week. Then Hall and Comben. Then Cunners. Then we might win a game once the reviews done.

Unfortunately for Ford, Curtis has rocketed to our best small forward, so his opportunities will be limited.
Because you can only play one small? Must be a similar theory to how you can only play one tall in the forward line. Gees I can't keep up with this ever changing game.
What next? If you kick a goal, regardless of how tired you are, then you must go to the bench so that someone else can get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back