Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

That is all true and fine. But this is the JHF thread .

North are doing plenty to survive and build for success.

Why this is an issue is because North were offered 3 first round picks for JHF and change. A huge offer and a decision that looks horrible. There isn’t this discussion on the JUH for the dogs, as they had no such offer.

JHF in trade value will never get near the Crows offer now - but unless he gets close to Sam Walsh type level, there will be discussion (some of it snide) on North getting close pick 1 value. If it isn’t JHF representing pick 1 value, then they should look a deal that gets them closer to pick 1 value.

Hindsight is everything, people say we should have taken Gold Coast's offer for pick 1 (Sam Walsh) in 2018 , but history has shown we made the right/correct call there.

One of the First Round Picks the Crows offered was Melbourne's first last season, which amounted basically to an early 2nd round pick in the wash up.

I think he will be a much better player next season personally, especially with the return of Cunnington, which will be massive for JHF's development (esp as an on field mentor)

Hindsight is everything, people say we should have taken Gold Coast's offer for pick 1 (Sam Walsh) in 2018 , but history has shown we made the right/correct call there.

One of the First Round Picks the Crows offered was Melbourne's first last season, which amounted basically to an early 2nd round pick in the wash up.

I think he will be a much better player next season personally, especially with the return of Cunnington, which will be massive for JHF's development (esp as an on field mentor)
The Crows offered their 2021 and 2022 pick and Melbourne's 2022 pick.

I could see it being Adelaide's first this year, and someone like Doedee or Keays.

A first and a first 22 player - just not sure which one.

JHF's frustrations and attitude problem seemed to stem from not being happy with the professionalism standards of his teammates. David Noble was forced to apologise earlier in the year for being too hard on the players.

And if North are going to have to go even cheaper on their coaching panel because of having to pay out Noble from the soft cap?
Nobles was contracted to end of this season.

Nobles was contracted to end of this season.

I might be wrong but I think we were also paying out Rhyce Shaw into this season as well (2022 being the last year of his contract).

Great point, Cunners will be massive for Jason.

He's averaging 27 disposals this year in the AFL and 38.5 when playing in the SANFL after coming back from a serious injury (and still 27). He'd be 2nd or 3rd banana at your club and your supporters are carrying on like he's a spud while 15-18 spuds get a game for you every week.
22 getting a game ahead of him at present, sorry I don’t really watch any crows games where are they on the ladder at present? Top 4 surely if you rate him so highly but can’t get a game!

I might be wrong but I think we were also paying out Rhyce Shaw into this season as well (2022 being the last year of his contract).
i think the they pro-rata pay outs against what other clubs are paying (at least i think Carlton's pay-out to Teague was not 100% because he took a role at Richmond IIRC) so his gold coast income should be taking some of that load

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Criminally underrated superstar Cunnington

Is he though?

Might be shooting Bambi here but he’s a 200+ game top 5 draft pick whose career accolades boil down to a couple of North best and fairests - one of those being a year they played finals.

He’s been a great clubman and North player but he’s rated about right league wide. Highly respected and has had periods where he’s been in the top few in one facet of the game but not a “superstar”.

That all said it would be great for him to play again. Would be a great feel good story

Is he though?

Might be shooting Bambi here but he’s a 200+ game top 5 draft pick whose career accolades boil down to a couple of North best and fairests - one of those being a year they played finals.

He’s been a great clubman and North player but he’s rated about right league wide. Highly respected and has had periods where he’s been in the top few in one facet of the game but not a “superstar”.

That all said it would be great for him to play again. Would be a great feel good story

LOL at referring to Cunnington as Bambi. Cunners would shoot bambi and eat it in front of shocked on lookers.

Is he though?

I rated Cunners higher as a player and champion of the game than Scott West (who always was a bit overrated and comes across as bit of a flog)

I don't think you watched much of Cunnington over the years if you don't acknowledge as a champion of the game, which he is.

He would have been given his rightful due in the media if he played for Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond etc

I rated Cunners higher as a player and champion of the game than Scott West (who always was a bit overrated and comes across as bit of a flog)

I don't think you watched much of Cunnington over the years if you don't acknowledge as a champion of the game, which he is.

He would have been given his rightful due in the media if he played for Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond etc

It’s the way he goes about it as well. People that don’t really understand football are attracted to speed and flash. Unless people can see through that then they’ll never appreciate what he does.

There’s a great goal he kicked early in his career where Liam Picken thought he could body him but Cunners just dropped the shoulder and put him on his arse and kicked the goal.

Just a pure footballer.

You sound like a closet north fan with that chip on the shoulder about “if he played for a big club”. I could say the exact same thing about West using that last line had he only won a couple of best and fairests.

Except west has seven best and fairests, 5 All Australian jumpers, is in the HOF and polled more than 100 more Brownlow votes over his career than Cunnington. All this while playing for a club just as small as the north player.

Your personal feelings of whether West is a flog or not mean jack.

I didn’t even bag Cunnington but here you go white knighting

You sound like a closet north fan with that chip on the shoulder about “if he played for a big club”. I could say the exact same thing about West using that last line had he only won a couple of best and fairests.

Except west has seven best and fairests, 5 All Australian jumpers, is in the HOF and polled more than 100 more Brownlow votes over his career than Cunnington. All this while playing for a club just as small as the north player.

Your personal feelings of whether West is a flog or not mean jack.

I didn’t even bag Cunnington but here you go white knighting

Seemed to me you were (bagging Cunnington)

Seemed to me you were (bagging Cunnington)
show me where.

Edit: don’t bother, I didn’t. I gave one respectable opinion on a player as part of a wider discussion and you jumped at Scott West purely because I’m a Bulldogs supporter.

Thread can go back to a pissing contest about JHF to SA now

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back