Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Ryan Burton was shattered to be told by Hawthorn they needed him to go to Port…

That may have been the case but in the end he still agreed to be traded.

We cant just tap Bergman (Or anyone) on the shoulder and force a trade if he is adamant he doesn’t want to go. We can request him to put himself up but at the end of the day, it’s the players decision to make.

Either way, there is a heck of a lot to play out over the reminding days.

Media backlash? Sounds scary after all the feel-good stories we normally get.
We could win the flag and Caro, Lloyd and Riewoldt will still sneer and spit when saying our name.
It’s coz you make stupid decisions that hurt the future of your club due to stubbornness/bitterness.

If the deal doesn’t get done port still get a top 10 draft pick. North are the one who will lose the chance to obtain both Wadlaw and Cadman, and you get a bitter player back at your club for 12 months that we will get for cheap

The issue we’re having is that no players want to go and play for North which essentially stifles everything at the moment. We are asking the question of our young players but they simply don’t want to go.
Oh give me a spell. Your club thought they could be smart and get this done for a packet of chips, it looks like they still do.

I’m sorry but contrary to belief in SA, moving back to Melbourne to play for any club does have some appeal, let alone one that is coached by Clarkson (he is starting Nov 1 which is common knowledge in player agent circles).

This deal is falling over because Port don’t want to trade a young quality player. If they tell one of them “we want to trade you”, it’ll sting, but they’ll go.

It’s coz you make stupid decisions that hurt the future of your club due to stubbornness/bitterness.

If the deal doesn’t get done port still get a top 10 draft pick. North are the one who will lose the chance to obtain both Wadlaw and Cadman, and you get a bitter player back at your club for 12 months that we will get for cheap
Calm down. He is an immature 19 yo boy. He'll come back and play footy because that's what he does. What happens after that? Who knows?

Calm down. He is an immature 19 yo boy. He'll come back and play footy because that's what he does. What happens after that? Who knows?
He isn’t Tim Kelly, he has already shown that he will spit the dummy. He will come back but he still won’t wanna be there. Especially if Clarko never returns and the place is a mess. Meanwhile port get another top 10 draft pick and get him in a year. Wow so scared

Just say cya to both Cadman and Wardlaw

And you make a stupid decision not getting this trade done and risk missing him next year. If the deal doesn’t get done we still have pick 1, JHF and will still get a good trade for him if he does want to leave.

Your unwillingness/stubborness to get this deal done will also hurt your club.

You’re after a contracted player - it’s up to Port to satisfy North. They need to lift.

He isn’t Tim Kelly, he has already shown that he will spit the dummy. He will come back but he still won’t wanna be there. Especially if Clarko never returns and the place is a mess. Meanwhile port get another top 10 draft pick and get him in a year. Wow so scared

Just say cya to both Cadman and Wardlaw
I take a break from this thread and come back to you trying to turn the tables on North having to act now.

Rinse, salt and repeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ports last top 10 draft picks: Rozee, Wines, Wingard, Hartlett and Boak. Don’t mind taking another and getting JHF as well next year for a bargain price
You’re in some sort of dream world where players out of contract go cheaply.

Have a look at some of the big names recently traded out of contract.

Bizarre port posters are trotting this out.

And you make a stupid decision not getting this trade done and risk missing him next year. If the deal doesn’t get done we still have pick 1, JHF and will still get a good trade for him if he does want to leave.

Your unwillingness/stubborness to get this deal done will also hurt your club.

You’re after a contracted player - it’s up to Port to satisfy North. They need to lift.
He will ask again to be traded to port. Hates the crows. And doesn’t matter what the crows have, if he nominates us you have to trade with us. If you wanna lose him for free guess the crows will be a chance but no way you wont accept 1 first rounder for him or face the prospect of losing the number 1 pick in the draft for nothing

Oh give me a spell. Your club thought they could be smart and get this done for a packet of chips, it looks like they still do.

I’m sorry but contrary to belief in SA, moving back to Melbourne to play for any club does have some appeal, let alone one that is coached by Clarkson (he is starting Nov 1 which is common knowledge in player agent circles).

This deal is falling over because Port don’t want to trade a young quality player. If they tell one of them “we want to trade you”, it’ll sting, but they’ll go.

How is 8, 2022 1st and Bonner chips…

******* dreaming it’s a top 10 pick, likely another top 10 pick and a first 22 player.

‘Chips’ yet would be the biggest haul in AFL trade history. Keep smoking that good stuff.

We’ve asked butters he said no.
We’ve asked Georgiades he said no.
We’ve asked Duursma he said no
We’ve asked Bergman he said no
We’ve asked Houston he said no
We’ve asked Bonner he said no to North but open to others.

The only one I haven’t seen a response from himself or his management is Sinn.

We are asking the question of our players and particularly those with links to Vic. I’m sure if when we asked Duursma if he was interested at all he would have said no to North but yes to another Vic club if he was interested in returning to Melbourne and same goes for others.

But alas, they all said no.

I’m not saying that that’s North cross to bear or that they should just accept unders then. This notion however that Port aren’t trying or being reasonable is ridiculous. We have asked, they have said no. Move onto the next plan to try work something out.

If not, so be it.

You’re in some sort of dream world where players out of contract go cheaply.

Have a look at some of the big names recently traded out of contract.

Bizarre port posters are trotting this out.

2 1sts (both likely top 10 with at least 1 definitely being) + steak knives is not cheaply. It’s literally the biggest haul in a trade ever…

The delusion.

He will ask again to be traded to port. Hates the crows. And doesn’t matter what the crows have, if he nominates us you have to trade with us. If you wanna lose him for free guess the crows will be a chance but no way you wont accept 1 first rounder for him or face the prospect of losing the number 1 pick in the draft for nothing
You don’t know how it works. Jeremy Cameron was out of contract. Why did the Cats give up 3 1sts and not walk him to the PSD?

Lol nothing.

How is 8, 2022 1st and Bonner chips…

******* dreaming it’s a top 10 pick, likely another top 10 pick and a first 22 player.

‘Chips’ yet would be the biggest haul in AFL trade history. Keep smoking that good stuff.
200.gif

You don’t know how it works. Jeremy Cameron was out of contract. Why did the Cats give up 3 1sts and not walk him to the PSD?

Lol nothing.
Because GWS were not bitter asking for x2 first rounders and Patrick Dangerfield.

Next year port go here is pick 9, that’s our best offer, do you seriously in the last 10 mins to go north will say “no we will give him away in the PSD, for free” No they will accept the pick with their tails between their legs

Lol nothing.

13, 15, 20
For
Cameron + 2 future 2nds.

Love how 3 1sts is trotted out when it’s picks outside the top 10 as well as ignoring the other items coming back that weren’t even that far off those picks, but a pick 8 and then future 1st likely just as high again is ‘worthless’ ‘cheap’ ‘nothing of value’

We’ve asked butters he said no.
We’ve asked Georgiades he said no.
We’ve asked Duursma he said no
We’ve asked Bergman he said no
We’ve asked Houston he said no
We’ve asked Bonner he said no to North but open to others.

The only one I haven’t seen a response from himself or his management is Sinn.

We are asking the question of our players and particularly those with links to Vic. I’m sure if when we asked Duursma if he was interested at all he would have said no to North but yes to another Vic club if he was interested in returning to Melbourne and same goes for others.

But alas, they all said no.

I’m not saying that that’s North cross to bear or that they should just accept unders then. This notion however that Port aren’t trying or being reasonable is ridiculous. We have asked, they have said no. Move onto the next plan to try work something out.

If not, so be it.

The burden is on you tho to get the deal done you have about a week to change the above players minds.

Otherwise i think this will end like the Daniher to Sydney trade Dodoro wanted our first pick + a player and we refused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back