Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

He chose you guys this year because crom dont have 2 firsts.
Choosing you guys next year would mean the psd as you would not have 2 firsts.
No player chooses the psd.
That's how it works.

You're making a huge assumption thinking he'd rather go to the Crows than Port if both clubs had the same contract and capital to get a trade done.

I would do
Snake Baker + pick1
For
Shulzenfest
In a heart beat!
Is that guy still around?

I still remember him coming on our board two years ago and bragging about how Jasper Pittard's clanger numbers had reduced, but then deleted his posts and disappeared when it was pointed out he was actually quoting Pittard's clearance stats.

You're making a huge assumption thinking he'd rather go to the Crows than Port if both clubs had the same contract and capital to get a trade done.
Read the whole thread.
I said if you trade out your f1st you wont be able to get him next year.
So you would not have the same Capitol would you?

Is that guy still around?

I still remember him coming on our board two years ago and bragging about how Jasper Pittard's clanger numbers had reduced, but then deleted his posts and disappeared when it was pointed out he was actually quoting Pittard's clearance stats.
He dead.
Mods finally had enough.
We got the worst of him having to talk to him in every thread.

I said Sunday night when the news broke this trade wont happen as port dont have the tradeable assets.
Seems to be playing out that way.
The deal will get done, this all the normal stuff that happens. Still remember having similar arguments with north fans about the trading pick 11 for Polec. You guys were convinced wouldn’t happen in the end it did.

Port fans were similar to you guys in the Wingard, “pay up or he stays”. In the end the trade got done.

Just normal big name player leaving BS. Both club will come to a fair trade

Read the whole thread.
I said if you trade out your f1st you wont be able to get him next year.
So you would not have the same Capitol would you?

Except Port wouldn't trade out their future 1st for pick 2 this year if it didn't result in acquiring JHF, making it a redundant hypothetical.

The deal will get done, this all the normal stuff that happens. Still remember having similar arguments with north fans about the trading pick 11 for Polec. You guys were convinced wouldn’t happen in the end it did.

Port fans were similar to you guys in the Wingard, “pay up or he stays”. In the end the trade got done.

Just normal big name player leaving BS. Both club will come to a fair trade
What frustrates me is nuffies who ignore what both clubs have said publicly and keep harping on about s**t the clubs have said wont happen.
From our side
Butters + a first rounder.
From your side
8 and a future 1st
Over and over again on loop.

He was, but he was well past his peak by the time he was traded.

Look up Griffen's games and stats for the Giants. He was one of my favourite opposition players when he was at the Dogs, but he gave the Giants absolutely nothing.

Ollie Wines doesn't have a debilitating back injury.
I already showed those guy a herald sun article that straight up said griffins back was ****ed and he wasn’t the same player before he was traded and showed the immense drop in performance as recognised by his stats drop off.

At this point if they’re still saying the same s**t we’ve got to accept theyre either trolls or as thick as a brick, or both.

How convoluted is this getting, more strings than a conspiracy theory and more opinions than a bucket full of pickled assholes.

Must be a hell of a side hustle for the AFL and it’s invested media entourage. This trade period was publicised as the biggest ever remember, then the night before, Cal (I literally am employed by the AFL) Twomey drops the juice.

Great script to milk though.

I already showed those guy a herald sun article that straight up said griffins back was *ed and he wasn’t the same player before he was traded and showed the immense drop in performance as recognised by his stats drop off.

At this point if they’re still saying the same s**t we’ve got to accept theyre either trolls or as thick as a brick, or both.
Both imo.
It's so obvious sometimes that folks have just opened the most recent page in the thread. Ask the same stupid questions that were answered like 10 posts previous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How convoluted is this getting, more strings than a conspiracy theory and more opinions than a bucket full of pickled assholes.

Must be a hell of a side hustle for the AFL and it’s invested media entourage. This trade period was publicised as the biggest ever remember, then the night before, Cal (I literally am employed by the AFL) Twomey drops the juice.

Great script to milk though.
73339319-6FB7-4E6F-8980-84CC04A0DB6E.gif

There is a good chance North and Port have already agreed on something as a baseline, but are trying to improve Norths hand in this years draft by working together and involving another club (Eagles). Will be interesting if they approach another club over the next few days…
Could well be the case. Also, even if the trade had been resolved completely North wouldn't want to announce it until next week anyway. Not for the clicks but to discourage other players from asking for a trade to escape the Clarko mess too. Fortunately it looks like Thomas is stayng, which was a potential disaster for us.

What frustrates me is nuffies who ignore what both clubs have said publicly and keep harping on about s**t the clubs have said wont happen.
From our side
Butters + a first rounder.
From your side
8 and a future 1st
Over and over again on loop.
I think we can all agree that the deal needs more that 8 +F1.

If the end result is North getting Pick 2 - its pants down lap around the table time for them.

Essentially another pick 1 in the draft.

(And don't mention Ashcroft no one was ever going to have access to him)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back