Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Will come back to this post next Wednesday when JHF is in a port jumper

By then the fictitious alias account will be gone.

An EBERT username loving in Melbourne and following Fremantle.

Okay, so to be clear;

8 + first rounder for pick 2 - Lol you have to be kidding Poort, you have to pay a premium to upgrade picks in the first round, why would West Coast ever do that?

14 + 17 for 8 - Lol you have to be kidding Poort, why would anybody give up a first rounder just for an upgrade of a few picks?

The double standards are hilarious.

Look at the GWS trade to get from 7 to 2 when they got Tarranto. It required more. Sydney will be more than happy to stay out. Decent talls at that range

All of the most ridiculous suggestions in this thread have come from North or West Coast fans.

Two mid-firsts for JHF isn't enough but it's a damn sight closer to a reasonable deal than things like 5 + 8 + Marshall, 2 + first rounder + Sinn, or two firsts + Georgiades which have all been posted by opposition fans in here.
And giving up Rioli and pick 2 for a couple of mid range first rounders is perfectly reasonable I suppose

Then expecting to walk away with JHF for crumbs after that

All of the most ridiculous suggestions in this thread have come from North or West Coast fans.

Two mid-firsts for JHF isn't enough but it's a damn sight closer to a reasonable deal than things like 5 + 8 + Marshall, 2 + first rounder + Sinn, or two firsts + Georgiades which have all been posted by opposition fans in here.
There's a lot of strong bias on both sides. Stop being a nuffy that thinks it's only other clubs fans.

Ports first year and next year should surely do it. Maybe add in a future third to properly grease the wheels.

Not like if North force him to stay he’ll change his mind and be worth more out of contract.

s**t situation for North but he’s caused drama all year and not like he’s played like Chris Judd.

What am I missing?

There's a lot of strong bias on both sides. Stop being a nuffy that thinks it's only other clubs fans.
You're literally quoting me quoting a North fan who started this conversation by saying that Port fans were particularly biased lol. * me dead, the double standards in this thread never cease to amaze.

Okay, so to be clear;

8 + first rounder for pick 2 - Lol you have to be kidding Poort, you have to pay a premium to upgrade picks in the first round, why would West Coast ever do that?

14 + 17 for 8 - Lol you have to be kidding Poort, why would anybody give up a first rounder just for an upgrade of a few picks?

The double standards are hilarious.
The argument of double standards doesn't make any sense as the situations proposed aren't remotely the same and the parties are different.
Critically both of those trades are proposed as they are suitable (and potentially necessary) for Port.

You're literally quoting me quoting a North fan who started this conversation by saying that Port fans were particularly biased lol. * me dead, the double standards in this thread never cease to amaze.
Yeah there is a list of biased nuff North fans as well. You just lead the charge for the Port nuffies.

Ports first year and next year should surely do it. Maybe add in a future third to properly grease the wheels.

Not like if North force him to stay he’ll change his mind and be worth more out of contract.

s**t situation for North but he’s caused drama all year and not like he’s played like Chris Judd.

What am I missing?
Well he did ave more disposals than Judd in his first year. More clearances too.

Edit: I won’t even discuss his kicking vs Judd

What am I missing?
Oh just what this thread needed, a saints supporter providing their opinion

dumb and dumber vomit GIF

As every club would do, port get deals done historically. Just a waiting game.

Watch by Tuesday JHF manager coming out and saying he won’t return to north if a deal can’t be struck, bookmark this. Will happen
Then he forfeits a year of his contract and year of his career. North won't pay if he's in breach of contract. You wanna go all scorched earth, then fine, we can too. Ball is in JHF court and if he wants to show what a spoiled brat he is as opposed to being professional then he's just showing the AFL what kind of character he has

You will torpedo the deal completely if you attempt to split your 8 or F1, I guarantee you that.

Putting sprinkles on s**t, is still s**t.
Splitting their f1st would be pretty funny.
If we still say no it pretty much guarantees he goes to adelaide next year if he still wishes to move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Splitting their f1st would be pretty funny.
If we still say no it pretty much guarantees he goes to adelaide next year if he still wishes to move.
You guys don’t know how trades work do you? If he nominates port even if Adelaide have the first pick in the draft and port have nothing you have to trade with port

Surprising how many times I have had to say that in the last week

You guys don’t know how trades work do you? If he nominates port even if Adelaide have the first pick in the draft and port have nothing you have to trade with port

Surprising how many times I have had to say that in the last week
He chose you guys this year because crom dont have 2 firsts.
Choosing you guys next year would mean the psd as you would not have 2 firsts.
No player chooses the psd.
That's how it works.

Genuine question, how will the other North players react if JHF walks back in the door?

All I’ve seen on the North board is how angry they are at him or that the players have already stopped ‘following’ him online. May not mean much but if a large portion of the playing group have turned their back on him already then surely they can’t take him back in and destabilise things further.

Genuine question, how will the other North players react if JHF walks back in the door?

All I’ve seen on the North board is how angry they are at him or that the players have already stopped ‘following’ him online. May not mean much but if a large portion of the playing group have turned their back on him already then surely they can’t take him back in and destabilise things further.
I think the boys will be professional enough that it wont matter. Suck it up and concentrate on getting fit for next year.
Same scenario happened with xerri last year. No big deal.

What am I missing?
Xerri requested a trade to Saints this time last year - then signed an extension this year.

Daniher requested a trade to the Swans - then sent to Bris.

Paper requested a trade ti the Blues. Now Swan for life.

Things change.

Oh just what this thread needed, a saints supporter providing their opinion

dumb and dumber vomit GIF
When it's a neutral who's on your side you're full of praise for them and will happily use 'but the neutrals agree with me!' as part of your argument. When it's a neutral who disagrees with you, we get this.

Double. Standards.

There is a good chance North and Port have already agreed on something as a baseline, but are trying to improve Norths hand in this years draft by working together and involving another club (Eagles). Will be interesting if they approach another club over the next few days…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back