Preview Changes: R4 vs Fremantle, Saturday April 8, 1.15pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually yes, he was pretty good, apologies for that. Crouch, however was not. As an aside, did McPherson get the medal??
Crouch was pretty good considering he was returning from a fractured fibula and had 3 weeks with no running at all yet still gathered a shedload of ball and 6 clearances even though. he spent time in other roles other than on ball...

No chance he comes in at AFL level off that limited preparation

Crouch returns

Midfielder Matt Crouch’s composure with ball in hand and experience was on full display against Port in his return from a leg injury.

Crouch did not miss a beat, being his trademark self, getting in and under to win contested ball, get clearances and help spring Adelaide forward.

“To come in with that fractured leg and be able to fight his way through that is a credit to him,” Godden said.

“He played multiple roles, on the wing and half forward so for him to be able to adjust and adapt his game was pleasing.”

In his return, Crouch finished with 29 disposals, four marks and six clearances.

Last edited:
Pedlar needs to be replaced?..

Put jones in his spot..

Mchenry sub..

Anything but mchenry thanks.

Anyone reacon mchenry wouldve kicked that goal Jones kicked in the final quarter the other night?…

Pfft.. mchenry wouldnt have even made the distance..
We wouldn’t have thought Jones would have kicked that goal either.

Or Murphy.

All 4 options of yours include McHenry. I’m probably sounding like a broken record but, why? Is there something that people see that I don’t? Surely we have better or untried options. He’s one of the least talented players to put on a Crows guernsey in the last 30 odd years.
Yeah I wouldn’t go near him either (these are not “my changes”, they are “the most likely” changes), but he’s pretty clearly coming in for Pedlar so we may as well accept it.

Likely only a one week proposition anyway.

Why? Neither were any good last week.
Wat!!

Ned was very good and Matty was pretty reasonable given his lack of preparation recovering from a fractured fibula. Ned has to be every chance of getting a call up this week on his performance and our injuries.

Nick's loves the little bloke. Probably thinks he's his son. If I was in charge of the list he would have been traded or delisted. Nick's has shown a knack for not playing players such as Worrell (who actually have talent) for 18 months after they should have been played and instead gift games to players with no future such as McHenry. I think Nick's coaching mantra has been containment instead of attacking.

In fairness Worrell struggled to get in as a 4th tall - Nicks didn’t seem to think he and Doedee could coexist. When Doedee went out Worrell came in and did well enough to stay in

As soon as Pedlar has shown he can hold together - and the inclusion of Rankine, McHenry has been out of the side. Who wasn’t getting a game that should have due to Ned? Newchurch maybe but has only been since mid last year he has shown he could get a game

I not a fan of Neds but as a high draft pick and not much behind him he was always going to get games. That’s now changed and he has too earn his spot. You never - he might surprise us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crouch was pretty good considering he was returning from a fractured fibula and had 3 weeks with no running at all yet still gathered a shedload of ball and 6 clearances even though. he spent time in other roles other than on ball...

No chance he comes in at AFL level off that limited preparation

Crouch returns

Midfielder Matt Crouch’s composure with ball in hand and experience was on full display against Port in his return from a leg injury.

Crouch did not miss a beat, being his trademark self, getting in and under to win contested ball, get clearances and help spring Adelaide forward.

“To come in with that fractured leg and be able to fight his way through that is a credit to him,” Godden said.

“He played multiple roles, on the wing and half forward so for him to be able to adjust and adapt his game was pleasing.”

In his return, Crouch finished with 29 disposals, four marks and six clearances.
I watched the game. And while, yes, fair enough he is coming back from a fracture... his disposal continued to be poor, IMO. His last quarter was possibly his best. But while all the other players were looking to move the ball forward quickly (which appears to be the game plan for both squads), Crouch gets the ball and looks backwards and sideways first and only then moves the ball on... meanwhile, the opposition have had a chance to man up. He's very frustrating.

I watched the game. And while, yes, fair enough he is coming back from a fracture... his disposal continued to be poor, IMO. His last quarter was possibly his best. But while all the other players were looking to move the ball forward quickly (which appears to be the game plan for both squads), Crouch gets the ball and looks backwards and sideways first and only then moves the ball on... meanwhile, the opposition have had a chance to man up. He's very frustrating.
Not that bad....Schoenberg's disposal was worse across the game..

1680759383301.png

SANFL Friday
In Sharrad, Milera Dowling
Out Schoenberg Newchurch Bond

F Boyle Himmelberg Wright
HF Taylor Madgen McHenry
C Cook Crouch Nankervis
HB Hamill Borlase Milera
B McKenzie Keane McPherson
R Strachan Hately Brown
I Dowling Haysman O'Loughlin Sharrad

AFL Saturday
In Schoenberg Newchurch
Out Milera Pedlar

F Gollant Thilthorpe Soligo
HF Keays Walker Rankine
C Sholl Berry Sloane
HB Hinge Murray Laird
B Michalanney Butts Doedee
R O'Brien Rachele Dawson
I Jones Newchurch Schoenberg Smith
S Murphy
Interestingly the club has put up videos from the SANFL game of …. Shoenberg and Newchurch.

So the bookies actually have us favourites for this game!

Looking at Richo and Brownies preview, the line for points scored is 159.5. Unless it's going to be raining, I'd say get on the above. Average score in Crows games is 194. Freo ave game score is 146.33, but their first two games were low scoring slogs. Against the undermanned WC defence they scored 108. I'd be expecting a shootout and both teams going 100+. That said, if we can get on top early the 39.5+ margin at $6.75 looks pretty tasty.

Only the Collingwood Geelong game in R1 has seen both teams score 100+ this year.

Unavailable- Worrell, Parnell, Fogarty McAdam, Bond

Out - Berry (Inj)?
Pedlar (susp)

Other possible exclusions;*
Butts, Bung shoulder and zero confidence
Smith, seems to be channeling Jake Kelly
Milera, a bit hot and cold so far
Gollant, deserves another game

Possible Inclusions
Keane - probably not fit enough but I would roll the dice
Borlase - Improving but long shot
Hamill - has struggled in trial matches
McPherson - 1 game back after injury, no!
Cook - Possibly, I would like to see more good games in the Twos before selection
Nankervis - getting closer but not yet
Crouch - refer to McPherson
Hately - refer to Crouch
Brown - In the mix
Taylor - My preferred option but won’t happen
McHenry - deserves a chance but I prefer Zac
Himmelberg - nup
Strachan -still stalking Riley
Newchurch - Worth a shot at some stage this year
Dowling - refer to Hately.

I have a feeling we might see a left field selection?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back