List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Would it be worthwhile asking the question of Jack McCrae?

No longer in the Bulldogs first midfield rotations and spending more time in the forward line. At the same time, his %TOG has decreased as well, often starting games on the bench.

He would also be a slightly younger Sheils type for us who can set an example to his team mates.

Might cost us a future second rounder?
Why stop there, ask for Bont and Jamarra...

Might cost us a future third

Been seeing a few posts along the line of "you can't have the kids teaching the kids" in response to moving on all the older blokes. Well, maybe you can. Clearly, a new approach is needed. Rip the bandaid off.

It is an outdated notion promoted by old footballers who can only remember the 2nd half of their career.

It is about the person, not the age. Daicos would be more intelligent and offer more leadership than probably all but maybe Cunnington, and he is 20. Another sacred cow that needs to be shot and turned into a Big mac.

Been seeing a few posts along the line of "you can't have the kids teaching the kids" in response to moving on all the older blokes. Well, maybe you can. Clearly, a new approach is needed. Rip the bandaid off.
Agreed and it’s the coaches who are teaching

Don’t need older spuds on the list around for this

Amass a group of young talent surround them with good coaches and actually play them and develop together
100%. I’m all in on trying to get Grundy across whatever it takes
Yeah he just needs a place to value him and let him be the main ruck

Think we are a great fit for him and have the salary space

No longer in the Bulldogs first midfield rotations and spending more time in the forward line. At the same time, his %TOG has decreased as well, often starting games on the bench.

He would also be a slightly younger Sheils type for us who can set an example to his team mates.

Exactly the type we should go for if we get freebie picks to give away again.

Why stop there, ask for Bont and Jamarra...

Might cost us a future third

That's a pretty stupid response.

I'd be at least asking the question of his manager. Is he still happy there since he's no longer part of their 1st mid rotation and spending more time on the bench. He's 28 years old so still a few pretty good years left in him.

I think he'd be invaluable with the standard he could set for our young mids.

I can't imagine he would be overly happy with his current situation. He's better than that.

No idea what his current contract status is though.

Last edited:
If we don’t add at least 3 to 4 mature age players with some leadership qualities we are going to slaughter our kids.
We can’t have them learning off players like McDonald, Corr.

Getting them in is going to be tough, because we pretty much have no selling points other than paying incredible coin.

Agree with all until here.

We have a huge selling point. Come and learn under Clarko and move into our coaching program.

We need to get Sam Mitchell, Drew Petrie type blokes in for a season or two.

We are as attractive as Senator Thorpe right now.

Our most likely path is offering opportunity to those under utilised. I would be happy to knock 10-12 of our list and throw a couple of hail mary's in the draft, might find a gem.

Your balls would shrivel into your abdomen if she approached you.

And you're wrong on the footy stuff too - we will attract some quality at the end of the year, you watch.

we've missed the boat on a few fringe trade targets that are now doing well in the AFL.
Hopefully we wont miss out again.

This fanciful talk of acquiring quality senior players from other clubs really irks me.

What established senior player in their right mind would ever decide to come to North now? This year has exposed to all that we are going to be terrible for a very long time, no matter who is in charge. Logue was a magic trick that we have no chance of repicating.

On another topic, I heard Corn-Francis this morning on sen strenuously trying to drive down BMac's price, basically demanding that no one pay him more than $450,000. He probably had a point but, i couldn't help but feel his motive was 100% based on killing our compo.

That was last year, but got derailed by the investigation. With everything that has happened I think that selling point is gone.

Nah, it really hasn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be truly open to moving on any player other than Sheezel, Wardlaw, LDU and Larkey.

Totally down for this, provided we get some currency for our existing midfield depth.

This fanciful talk of acquiring quality senior players from other clubs really irks me.

What established senior player in their right mind would ever decide to come to North now? This year has exposed to all that we are going to be terrible for a very long time, no matter who is in charge. Logue was a magic trick that we have no chance of repicating.

On another topic, I heard Corn-Francis this morning on sen strenuously trying to drive down BMac's price, basically demanding that no one pay him more than $450,000. He probably had a point but, i couldn't help but feel his motive was 100% based on killing our compo.

Absolutely none if you're not even prepared to at least ask the question.

Corr and CT were in our best yesterday, why would we get rid of them? And you have cut every ruckman we have. You expecting us to pick up Grundy or.....
I’m not anti Corr or Curtis at all, but we need to be realistic.

Corr will be 31 by the end of 2025, has been injury prone and found himself out of the worst team in the league for form reasons. The chances of him turning that around post 30 is less likely than likely.

CT offers something, I agree, but like Corr has been out of the team and I have serious doubts about his ability to transform his body from u/18s player to AFL. Can see him being on the list but he won’t go on to win a brownlow at another club if he’s not (Dumont like).

Regarding rucks, it’s clear we have a dud hand, time to get some new cards. There’s been a number of instances of out of favour developed rucks flourishing at a new club. Waste of time drafting them early. Grundy obv ideal but I’d doubt he’d come across given where we’re at. Just get anyone.

I’m not anti Corr or Curtis at all, but we need to be realistic.

Corr will be 31 by the end of 2025, has been injury prone and found himself out of the worst team in the league for form reasons. The chances of him turning that around post 30 is less likely than likely.

CT offers something, I agree, but like Corr has been out of the team and I have serious doubts about his ability to transform his body from u/18s player to AFL. Can see him being on the list but he won’t go on to win a brownlow at another club if he’s not (Dumont like).

Regarding rucks, it’s clear we have a dud hand, time to get some new cards. There’s been a number of instances of out of favour developed rucks flourishing at a new club. Waste of time drafting them early. Grundy obv ideal but I’d doubt he’d come across given where we’re at. Just get anyone.
Corr is one of our quickest players. Even as depth at 31 we should be hanging onto him. We're not going to develop and key defenders in that time as we've got none on the list. Agree on CT. He's got tricks and would love to see him become more consistent. Isn't Xerri anyone? Edwards is for the tip for sure, and CCJ is, well, CCJ. But Xerri is fine and at that age where he can now flourish. Just needs a good run at it.

That's a pretty stupid response.

I'd be at least asking the question of his manager. Is he still happy there since he's no longer part of their 1st mid rotation and spending more time on the bench. He's 28 years old so still a few pretty good years left in him.

I think he'd be invaluable with the standard he could set for our young mids.

I can't imagine he would be overly happy with his current situation. He's better than that.

No idea what his current contract status is though.
With all due respect, it was a stupid suggestion.

Macrae would not leave the dogs for North just to be apart of our 1st mid rotation. He might not love his current situation, but to the extent to entertain a trade to a club that has won 11 games in 4 years?

The only possible way he would, is for ridiculous money (I'm talking highest paid player in the competition money) that he does not deserve.

Need Ruck Depth - Ned Moyle, Jordan Sweet, Brayden Pruess (haha, but seriously?)
Need Key Forward Depth - Jake Riccardi, Wade Derksen, Hudson Garoni (VFL), Tyler Sellars (VFL)
Need Key Defender Depth - Caleb Graham, Ethan Phillips (VFL)
Wing Depth: Jeremy Sharp & Dylan Stephens
Half Back Depth: Tom Highmore, Bailey Williams, Dylan Williams
Mature Age State League Depth - Shaun Mannagh (VFL), Kye Declase (VFL), Ryley Stoddart (VFL), Casey Voss (SANFL)

With all due respect, it was a stupid suggestion.

Macrae would not leave the dogs for North just to be apart of our 1st mid rotation. He might not love his current situation, but to the extent to entertain a trade to a club that has won 11 games in 4 years?

The only possible way he would, is for ridiculous money (I'm talking highest paid player in the competition) that he does not deserve.

You are probably right. I don't doubt that. But he is still exactly the type of player we should be enquiring about given the change to his role this season. Even if the answer is no.

You are probably right. I don't doubt that. But he is still exactly the type of player we should be enquiring about given the change to his role this season. Even if the answer is no.
I agree. Unfortunately it's about 1,000,000,000 to 1.

It would be more realistic to target Shiels types that are being retired out of successful clubs, who still have something to give on-field and capable of going around one or two more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back