Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we do need to stop one of them at least from dominating defensively, so l'm sure we are looking at putting a plan into place to diminish the influence of either May or Lever....

Absolutely agree there - I mentioned it in the preview as super important. I just think we'll assign the tasks to McStay, Mihocek and the ruckmen. We have the extra ruck to combat Gawn but also to do exactly this job.

If noble is out must me naicos playing ?

We need noble for picket

Absolute howler of a decision

Heart and sole player

Sole of the shoe player?! That's harsh PDB!

I reckon it's harsh but that last player omitted was always gonna be harsh. WHE trained with the backs so we're relying on him and Markov methinks.

Zero chance of Daicos.

I was told last year that only 12 months into the job Fly had done enough to earn my trust to back him in chasing McStay.

Same people now not trusting Fly's judgment in dropping Noble. Odd.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd stay away from thinking what you're told.

No one is perfect and McRae certainly isn't. He's made a few mistakes in my mind.

Goes to show our depth when a guy thats played 80 odd in a row can't get a game. Then the other team has to bring in hack VFL players to cover for injuries.
Good point.If I was a Melbourne supporter,I wouldn’t be too happy about them bringing back a player who hasn’t played senior football for 14 weeks.

Noble dropped, Ginni Sub
Wow. I'm stunned.

Noble has been a bit down on his best in recent times - much like the whole team - but to my eye, no player has embodied Fly's manic "back yourself and move the ball forward quickly" style more than Noble. He is consistently one of our greatest metres gained contributors and moves the ball very quickly through his combo of running with the ball and kicking with penetration.

Its a big call. Will look like genius if we win and will be questioned if we lose.

This "Best 23" concept is seriously flawed. In reality there is many things to consider: injuries, form, structure, matchups, weather conditions etc. Squads win premierships not "best 23".

Even if Johnny F'n Noble isn't running out onto the MCG tomorrow, he is still as important as everyone playing tomorrow. I'm a firm believer that each team is good as their depth. We know if somebody was to go down, the next man up is little Johnny and we know exactly what we will get from him. That is the strength of our team!

Go Pies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies seem to have a tall slow side in mind...more evidence with Noble out. Could be risky.

Unless Nick is back 😂

I have to admit, even in dry weather it’s a pretty slow team

In the wet it’s also tall and slow and rain is forecast for the start of the game

With Noble dropped is this an indication that Nick is earmarked for a role across half back again when he returns?

For the record Noble is 3rd for meters gained average at Collingwood this season.

2nd for rebound 50's

6th for effective disposals

I have to admit, even in dry weather it’s a pretty slow team

In the wet it’s also tall and slow and rain is forecast for the start of the game
Are we really any slower by dropping Noble, (likely) Frampton & Fin & bringing in Beau, Moore & Murphy? Keeping in mind super speedy Markov will likely be in Noble's position.

if it's wet and slippery I can see the logic in the Noble omission. Against Port in these type of conditions he was too easily pushed off the ball in the contest.

Understand the logic, but still would’ve preferred Noble (someone who can break the line) over someone like Lipinski in the team for this game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well we do need to stop one of them at least from dominating defensively, so l'm sure we are looking at putting a plan into place to diminish the influence of either May or Lever....

The spotlight goes on Checkers and McStay to have big games, and also our ability to kick to the advantage of our forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back