Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hardest thing with our selections is we aren’t swapping apples for apples. Every potential change actually changes our style. It’s not just replacing a player in one position with a better player in the same position.
Hill and Ginnivan good for goals out of nowhere. McReery is a tackling machine.
WHE works up and back on really long runs. Can also play back. Lipinski gives us an extra number in the midfield and has good mid/forward connection.
Frampton releases Moore and can play on the real bigs. Murphy can play taller than his height suggests. Howe can go forward to bring ball to ground against opposition interceptors.
Agree, the only ones in the mix I'd say are like-for-like would be Hill/Ginnivan at the moment they are essentially interchangeable at that small-forward position. Lipinski is entirely a unique player on our team, that's not to say he's indispensable but he opens up a lot of options for us.

Ginnivan would be a good sub to give us a spark late in the game. WHE would be good for versatility if anyone gets injured (hope not)

We need to start this game well, we can't rely on coming from behind in the 4th qtr because Melbourne are one of the fittest teams and the best 4th qtr team this year.

Brayden Maynard has attended 0.5% of centre bounces this year, but I'm 100% sure we'll win if he's there for the opening bounce.

Bayley Fritsch is that guy who keeps a hair style way past its use by date because one girl in highschool said it looked good on him.

Does make you think, would you rather Markov or Noble?

Strangely enough I prefer Markov right now based on more height and athleticism.

Really like them both but right now if you’re putting a gun to my head and asking me to pick one I’m picking Markov because he’s a better disposer of the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard Nobel might be a bit stiff. I have nothing against him. Just just in case it happens, this might reduce the shock.

In: Murphy, Moore, McCreery
Out: Frampton, McCrae, Noble - Sub:Ginni
On the money Mr thon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back