Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood.
In: Moore, Murphy, McCreery
Out: Noble, Frampton, Macrae
Sub: Ginnivan

Melbourne:
In: McDonald, Hibberd
Out: Melksham, Laurie, Turner

COLLINGWOOD v MELBOURNE
BNathan Murphy Darcy MooreIsaac Quaynor
HBBrayden MaynardOleg MarkovScott Pendlebury
CSteele SidebottomTaylor AdamsJosh Daicos
HFBobby HillBrody MihocekJeremy Howe
FJamie ElliottDaniel McStayJordan De Goey
RMason CoxBeau McCreeryJack Crisp
INTPatrick LipinskiTom MitchellDarcy Cameron
Will Hoskin-Elliott
SUBJack Ginnivan
EMGJohn NobleFinlay MacraeBilly Frampton

Given these selections, I am more convinced that our form slump isn't due to locking in a top 2 spot. McRae doesn't know what ails us and is moving magnets around hoping to find a working formula.
I don't see it as anything more than Markov having gone past him. Instead of Markov as sub he's in ahead of noble and mcrae can play one of the small forwards as sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough for Noble but would be for anyone. With Nick to come back in and barring injuries and loss no one gets back now is very likely. Would be a killer to play every H&A then miss all the finals and a flag. As hard as it would be I hope that's Johnny Nobles fate
Captains have been dropped for second semi and GFs.

That’s where people posting about natural drop off, when double chance secured, didn’t play top level where I did. Jumper presentation night I told the boys that we’d make the GF and two blokes that played every game were likely to miss out - don’t be one of them.

Harsh but probably correct call on Noble. I’d rather pick Markov ahead of him. Only objection is I’d have dropped Cameron and played Cox as the primary ruckman with Ginnivan starting due to how good he was last week. McRae doesn’t like that single ruck set up though.

When was the last game Noble missed? I think he’s played all games last year and this year at least…

Geez Markov, WHE and Lipinski would wanna play well. Noble hasn't missed a game since his debut and is heart and soul. Been clutch in big moments too. Crisp plays back then?

People keep getting confused with (sub) next to someone's names on omissions, it means they were the sub last week, not this week.

Backs: Moore, Maynard, Murphy, Quaynor, Markov, Crisp, Howe

Mids: Cameron, Pendles, DeGoey, Adams, Mitchell, Sidebottom, Jaicos, Lipinski

Fwds: McStay, Mihocek, Cox, McReery, Hill, Elliott, WHE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back