Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markovs recent form is street's ahead of Johnys so I don't know how you come to that conclusion.
Disagree. I consider Noble a fair bit better than Markov. Gives more run with the ball, and is more desperate in his defending and attack on the ball, man. For me Noble is the sort of player you want in finals, Markov is untried as far as I'm aware.

This is the first time we've gone with this defence. Unusual coming into a final, a really odd move.

Some of you guys need to go and touch grass with the amount of melting taking place here. Moore, Murphy and McCreery were always going to be automatic inclusions. There was going to be a hard luck story.
Questioning some selection decisions is not melting.

Disagree. I consider Noble a fair bit better than Markov. Gives more run with the ball, and is more desperate in his defending and attack on the ball, man. For me Noble is the sort of player you want in finals, Markov is untried as far as I'm aware.

This is the first time we've gone with this defence. Unusual coming into a final, a really odd move.
Noble is no good 1 on 1 and Markov is, that's the reason for the omission

Markov has played 20 games this year. He’s not untried.

With moore, Murphy, Q, Maynard they needed more run from the backline abs Markov is much better than noble at that
That is precisely why we have Markov AND Noble in the back half. Noble is one of our best for metres gained. I am shocked that he has been omitted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most arent melting per se, just upset for noble. This time of year always has hard luck stories.

Presti being one…
Exactly. You can be shocked and surprised..and upset for whichever player misses out. I trust Fly and he & the coaches know a hell of a lot more about footy than any of us on here 😆

agree that Cox is the better tap ruck and plays with more aggression but probably doesn't have the aerobic capacity to run a whole game out against Gawn on his own
Fair point. I guess I was thinking that McStay can chop him out here and there but you’re right that’s probably still a stretch for Cox. Cameron’s very poor form has come at a bad time as it robs the Pies of the ability to play another runner.

Can anyone do some mind reading of the mc as to why we've dropped Noble?

sr36 Scodog10 Jen2310 Apex36 Finnishpie Gone Critical

What is it in the strategy for this game that we take away one of our driving quarterbacks?

Can understand dropping Lippa to get the 3 ins on the park but surely not Noble, what is that the mc sees that I don't?

I really like this side. Melbournes forward line is average at best. Howe up forward on lever or may is a great idea. We just have to break even in the centre clearances and we will win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back