Preview Finals Week 1: Collingwood v Melbourne, Thursday 7 September, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the AFL website it says Ginni omitted & Fin R24 sub.
That means Fin is omitted & Ginni is the sub.
Why the f##k can't we just name the 23?
The club does. It's the AFL app which doesn't. It causes this crap every single week.

Melbourne's forward line is pretty bad, other than when Petracca is resting there im pretty confident in our defenders winning more contests

Can anyone do some mind reading of the mc as to why we've dropped Noble?

sr36 Scodog10 Jen2310 Apex36 Finnishpie Gone Critical

What is it in the strategy for this game that we take away one of our driving quarterbacks?

Can understand dropping Lippa to get the 3 ins on the park but surely not Noble, what is that the mc sees that I don't?

i think they can see Hunter and Petracca bulldozing our backs and wanted more size

Can’t believe the selections to be honest, this better work.

For me Noble is really stiff and WHE is the luckiest player on the planet.

I would have dropped WHE kept Noble, dropped Cox and played Ginni, and in my opinion the big one is Howe, I see a better balance with Frampton in over Howe.
Frampton is our only accountable talk defender, he locks down and when he plays we dont concede nearly as many goals,
He also allows Moore and Murph to zone off, now we have 3 defenders including Howe who are mighty suspect on positioning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Lippa should consider himself rather fortunate.
It seems a little odd to me that a player who seems to be protecting his repaired shoulder since returning from surgery would be selected for a torrid, bruising final ahead of another who never shirks the issue in Noble.

Can’t believe the selections to be honest, this better work.

For me Noble is really stiff and WHE is the luckiest player on the planet.

I would have dropped WHE kept Noble, dropped Cox and played Ginni, and in my opinion the big one is Howe, I see a better balance with Frampton in over Howe.
Frampton is our only accountable talk defender, he locks down and when he plays we dont concede nearly as many goals,
He also allows Moore and Murph to zone off, now we have 3 defenders including Howe who are mighty suspect on positioning.

Hard to trust Cameron to ruck solo against Gawn. McStay simply not good enough at this stage as a second option (and we won’t have a third option to turn to).

But I do agree with Frampton over Howe, with Moore roaming around, it would be good to have Frampton (as opposed to Howe) trying to lock someone down

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Disagree. I consider Noble a fair bit better than Markov. Gives more run with the ball, and is more desperate in his defending and attack on the ball, man. For me Noble is the sort of player you want in finals, Markov is untried as far as I'm aware.

This is the first time we've gone with this defence. Unusual coming into a final, a really odd move.

Markov's run is part of line breaking chains, which is how we'll beat the Dees. Noble's main go is territory. He gets it runs his full measure and kicks long to a contest on the wing. Not the ideal play against the Dees.

I didn't think Noble would be an out though - I suspect it actually came down to Noble Vs WHE, rather than Noble Vs Markov.

All these people that are shocked at the selection, angry and can't understand it :tearsofjoy:

Soooo many of you, you all must know better than the coaches ey lmao, you know, the same coaches that had us finish on top of the ladder a game clear with a hard draw lol

When you understand how daft the average person is, realise, half of all people are more daft than that.

That's what's happening right now, they are showing themselves.

Noble was one of our best early in the season but has tapered off since the bye. Oleg has had a magnificent season to take his place for the first final. Of the two, he has been the form player in recent games. Noble is very stiff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back