Autopsy AFL 2023 First Semi Final (Week 2) - Demons v Blues Fri Sept 15th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 33.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 73 36.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate I'm a sceptical about the blues as it comes. But they will be playing finals for a few years to come from here.
Just stirring them up. Can't have them get too used to playing finals.
But Brisbane should be going straight through to the GF. The Blues have done well, but how much of that is emotion? Lions are on another level.

I’m pretty amazed that a competitive bunch of Demon players with a track record of being petty and having one of the games dirtiest players on the field didn’t point out to the ump that Cripps was bleeding for the last 5 minutes.

They do that they probably win because Carlton just can’t get territory.

How many times was the ball called back after melbourne was streaming forward with numbers. Very frustrating.

Umpires weren't great but only ourselves to blame with the goal kicking. I still don't rate carlton. if we even kicked 10.16, we win. if we kick 16.10, we win by 6 goals. it was all on our boot. Boring prelims now. Brisbane won't show up in the GF either. The dees the only team that could've beaten the pies at the G.
Go to bed

Are you arguing Carlton isn't responsible for ensuring their players get concussion tests during the game? My understanding was that was a club responsibility not the AFL.
and I bet Melbourne would have played Brayshaw next week if they had won.

Were you asking me if 2 games in 4 weeks is ideal prep or were you making a statement? A question mark or fullstop could have made that abit easier. If it was a question then I'd have to say yes it is. We should be well and truly rested. But footy is a bloody weird game.

Did not proof read. Should read believe is not as in I believe it isn’t

Yeh Melbourne could have won last night but the cold reality is that they didn't. Brisbane in Brisbane is a challenge but I feel like we get a forward line back next week. Harry despite his faults takes a lot of heat off Charlie and allows an upfield option while one stays home. Martin has been enormous in the second half of the season and will be back. I was talking to my neighbour who is a Collingwood fan and he is shitting himself at the thought of facing Carlton on the MCG instead of Brisbane who are a 30% weaker team away from home.

Carlton just need to turn up at the Gabba on time and they win. Brisbane couldn't possibly go with them for the entire 4 quarters!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh Melbourne could have won last night but the cold reality is that they didn't. Brisbane in Brisbane is a challenge but I feel like we get a forward line back next week. Harry despite his faults takes a lot of heat off Charlie and allows an upfield option while one stays home. Martin has been enormous in the second half of the season and will be back. I was talking to my neighbour who is a Collingwood fan and he is shitting himself at the thought of facing Carlton on the MCG instead of Brisbane who are a 30% weaker team away from home.
I'd much rather play Carlton than Brisbane in a GF (assuming we make it). They are on another level.

I’m pretty amazed that a competitive bunch of Demon players with a track record of being petty and having one of the games dirtiest players on the field didn’t point out to the ump that Cripps was bleeding for the last 5 minutes.

They do that they probably win because Carlton just can’t get territory.
That’s what an umpire is paid to do, send a player off if they’re bleeding, there was no point saying anything because the umpires turned a blind eye on it for 5 minutes anyway.

Concussion is a thing of the past now aswell, Weitering and Cripps (watch him use that he was dazed at the tribunal to rub Pickett out) clearly should of gone off for tests. Weiterings was shocking, the AFL can’t pick and choose when these things get pointed out. Wtf is the AFL doctor doing aswell if they even had one there?

Beaten fair and square on the night, the dees will probably get a please explain from the AFL for making the leagues script so easy to read but hey, that’s “football”… Best case scenario for this season now would be a Port/GWS win and if they don’t make it past Joffas boys next week cancel the whole ******* season.

That’s what an umpire is paid to do, send a player off if they’re bleeding, there was no point saying anything because the umpires turned a blind eye on it for 5 minutes anyway.

Concussion is a thing of the past now aswell, Weitering and Cripps (watch him use that he was dazed at the tribunal to rub Pickett out) clearly should of gone off for tests. Weiterings was shocking, the AFL can’t pick and choose when these things get pointed out. Wtf is the AFL doctor doing aswell if they even had one there?

Beaten fair and square on the night, the dees will probably get a please explain from the AFL for making the leagues script so easy to read but hey, that’s “football”… Best case scenario for this season now would be a Port/GWS win and if they don’t make it past Joffas boys next week cancel the whole ******* season.
Players can point it out. Has been done before. They should have. Lapse of concentration by the 22 or not drilled well enough on the rules

Go to bed.
Nothing you have said has proven to be correct
Don't mind danster, he's probably replaying the match on AFL Evo while in tears and scarfing down Doritos. Whatever makes him feel better.

Players can point it out. Has been done before. They should have. Lapse of concentration by the 22 or not drilled well enough on the rules
Yeah and they point it out and they get crucified by the media and opposition fans for years over it. 4 people are paid to officiate the game, it shouldn’t matter what side you’re on as to whether you get sent off. If it was Petracca with blood he’d be sent off straight away.

Watching replay and my god Max Gawn is wildly overrated.

Hardly a coincidence that the last time the Dees played well in September it was their other ruckman that was the star.

Gawn shrinks in September like no other captain. Touched a goal on the line. Missed multiple easy set shots. Largely ineffective around the ground. Barely broke even with Pittonet.

Time for a new captain, Melbourne can’t persist with this Gawn-led finals losing choke culture..

Back