Lions Finals Ticketing Information - No more Collingwood supporters seeking tickets!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible to sticky the seating map to the top of each page? ZoBlitz Jivlain dlanod ?? with everyone posting their seats I keep going back over the thread to find this to see where they are sitting.:(

2023-mcg-seating-map-1024x721-jpg.1812599

Virtual tour

Regarding ticket sales/swaps: The AFL Grand Final is protected under Australian law by anti-scalping regulations, which forbid tickets to be sold at more than 10% of their face value. Offering tickets at more than this will be deleted; continuing to try to scalp tickets will result in bans.

BigFooty does not guarantee ticket sales or swaps. It is entirely at your own risk, please make sure you trust the poster in question. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Last edited:
Do you know for sure that we get the confirmation email tomorrow as I thought it would be sent as soon as they took the money out. We have been deducted the money (pending I guess because of the weekend though).
Don't think anyone has gotten an email yet. I know I haven't. The withdrawal is what we're all going off.

Do you know for sure that we get the confirmation email tomorrow as I thought it would be sent as soon as they took the money out. We have been deducted the money (pending I guess because of the weekend though).

So paranoid after hearing the news tonight saying some people didn't get tickets even though they thought they were guaranteed, I'm hoping that was priority 2 and 3 not priority 1 members as we are.
Yeah it says it in multiple places that you'll have money deducted and a confirmation email the next day. No one has got the email yet and that includes COllingwood members.

IMG_5228.jpeg IMG_5229.jpeg IMG_5230.jpeg
These are some images that I took during a tour last year, 2 days after the Grand Final.
It’s the first time I have ever been to the G.
These pics are from the very top of of the stands.
It was a long walk up the stairs to get there but worth it just to see the view from up there. Loonngg way to the other end of the ground.

View attachment 1812776View attachment 1812777View attachment 1812778
These are some images that I took during a tour last year, 2 days after the Grand Final.
It’s the first time I have ever been to the G.
These pics are from the very top of of the stands.
It was a long walk up the stairs to get there but worth it just to see the view from up there. Loonngg way to the other end of the ground.
I watched a ODI against SA from about the fourth from top row in the southern stand back in the late '90s. It was awful for atmosphere because of the very sparse crowd up there (not an issue in the GF) but the view was very good, and even better for AFL to see the whole game play out.

Praise the Lord.

Just got charged $744 which will be two Category 4 seats.

Not ideal but sub-nosebleed so it could have been worse.

At least I can relax now and watch replays and other Lions related internet stuff.

I still feel bummed at the stupid clunky process and spending over six hours of my limited time on Earth, stressing over this ridiculous ticketing system that the AFL somehow think is a good idea.

Even though we've ended up with tickets, this will be my last GF attendance so make it count Brisbane Lions!!!!!

PS.

I sincerley hope TheZork and anyone else still hanging gets what they want ticket -wise

To any P1 people who miss out - afl fans association has been liaising with ticketek for collingwood fans in the same position. Check out their facebook page

They say there are 37 of them, and they should contact the club

I don’t quite buy the explanation - that they were randomly allocated standing room and because they ticked no standing they go no ticket - they should have got a seat before p2. Apparently though Collingwood instructed ticketek to make it random. But we didn’t, we made it in order

But the wash-up sounds like it’s a relatively small number so the club can sort

SO if it’s happened to P1 lions i would definitely be contacting the lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup I'm checking now, currently overseas on holiday and out at the moment, but will open up my computer when I get home to check accounts. This is my fear. That there was an error in the system and it didnt take it out. I was blasé about checking confirmations upon registration.
TheZork luthor

Not sure if this helps but saw it on FB:

For those who havnt been to the G and are worried about their tickets.

I go every week to 1 or 2 games and choose to sit in the top level 90% of the time. Allows me to see the whole ground and the structures better. I’m a footy nuffy and like to be able to see the whole thing.

Top levels of the g are fine to me. Not like the nose bleeds in baseball or nfl. It’s a good sport for a broad view.

Also standing room at the G is fun too. I’d prefer to stand or be on level 3 than on the fence to see the game. To be honest. Atmosphere obviously good near the deck. But I like to see where the players should be kicking or running to defend.

(I’m an afl hawks member and wife is Brisbane afl gold)

Yup I'm checking now, currently overseas on holiday and out at the moment, but will open up my computer when I get home to check accounts. This is my fear. That there was an error in the system and it didnt take it out. I was blasé about checking confirmations upon registration.
You can also check in your ticketek account. It shows up in your ticket wallet as “2023 AFL Grand Final Ballot Registration”. Fingers crossed for you.
Assuming you’re registered, keep calm, call the club Monday.

The ticketing mess shouldn’t be so hard:
1. Allocate best seats to P1 members.
2. If P1 exhausts all seats, allocate standing room to P1 members who nominated standing room.
3. Allocate remaining best seats to P2 members.
4. If P2 exhausts all seats, allocated standing room to P2 members who nominated standing room.
5. Allocate remaining seats to P3 members.
6. Allocate remaining P3 standing room to P3 members who nominated.
7. Allocate any remaining tickets to opposition members who missed out.
8. In the extremely unlikely event anything is left (gold coast vs gws final?), sell to the general public.

Last edited:
The ticketing mess shouldn’t be so hard:
1. Allocate best seats to P1 members.
2. If P1 exhausts all seats, allocate standing room to P1 members who nominated standing room.
3. Allocate remaining seats to best seats to P2 members.
4. If P2 exhausts all seats, allocated standing room to P2 members who nominated standing room.
5. Allocate remaining seats to P3 members.
6. Allocate remaining P3 standing room to P3 members who nominated.
7. Allocate any remaining tickets to opposition members who missed out.
8. In the extremely unlikely event anything is left (gold coast vs gws final?), sell to the general public.

You also need to account for people’s right to a better seat for being born earlier. Did you do that?

You also need to account for people’s right to a better seat for being born earlier. Did you do that?

Honestly guaranteed right to buy a GF ticket shouldn't exist. Should be open to all full members (in our case home members and vic members). Just a way for the AFL to milk more money out of supporters.

Members who were successful in the ballot will have their credit card charged on either September 23 or September 24.

Members can log onto the Ticketek website or Brisbane Lions website from 9am (EST) Monday September 25 to see if they were successful or unsuccessful in the ballot by checking for their Ticketek Customer ID. Email notification will also be sent to successful and unsuccessful members by the Club on Monday September 25.

Tickets for successful members will be distributed from Ticketek via email on Wednesday September 27th 2023.
My post 267 from this thread
I would have taken this from the Club or Ticketek.
Your customer ID number is indicated in the email from Ticketek - Purchase confirmation. Mine was last Wednesday.
EDIT: It does not say you will get your seat number etc just successful or unsuccessful.
We might have to wait till Wednesday for that information.

Last edited:
Honestly guaranteed right to buy a GF ticket shouldn't exist. Should be open to all full members (in our case home members and vic members). Just a way for the AFL to milk more money out of supporters.
I’m with you on that to a point - however it’s the clubs, rather AFL milking more money. Ultimately the privilege goes to those who give the most support to the clubs, and in this case the support is financial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back