Lions Finals Ticketing Information - No more Collingwood supporters seeking tickets!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible to sticky the seating map to the top of each page? ZoBlitz Jivlain dlanod ?? with everyone posting their seats I keep going back over the thread to find this to see where they are sitting.:(

2023-mcg-seating-map-1024x721-jpg.1812599

Virtual tour

Regarding ticket sales/swaps: The AFL Grand Final is protected under Australian law by anti-scalping regulations, which forbid tickets to be sold at more than 10% of their face value. Offering tickets at more than this will be deleted; continuing to try to scalp tickets will result in bans.

BigFooty does not guarantee ticket sales or swaps. It is entirely at your own risk, please make sure you trust the poster in question. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Last edited:
Thanks for looking out appreciate it, over my dead body I'm not going to be there, whatever the cost :tearsofjoy:

We can start a bigfooty go fund the zork appeal .. we can all throw in $5 and you'll end up in the best seat in the house.

Honestly guaranteed right to buy a GF ticket shouldn't exist. Should be open to all full members (in our case home members and vic members). Just a way for the AFL to milk more money out of supporters.

Absolutely. To make it work the whole stadium should be for fans and the corporate leeches shouldn't be allowed to show up once a year at the penultimate game of the season. And then post about how cool they are on social media.

I’m with you on that to a point - however it’s the clubs, rather AFL milking more money. Ultimately the privilege goes to those who give the most support to the clubs, and in this case the support is financial.

As Gadzorks says there should be limited corporate seats which is where the AFL milking $ comes in. As far as clubs go I think our september member package is on the cheaper side, some of the other clubs membership packages are ridiculous.

Ideally there'd be no MCC allocation too.

Absolutely. To make it work the whole stadium should be for fans and the corporate leeches shouldn't be allowed to show up once a year at the penultimate game of the season. And then post about how cool they are on social media.

For once, I am going to be a pinko leftie and agree with you wholeheartedly.

Totally craps me how money talks to the detriment of the true footy supporters.

Grow some balls AFL and make Grand Final day one for the true believers

For once, I am going to be a pinko leftie and agree with you wholeheartedly.

Totally craps me how money talks to the detriment of the true footy supporters.

Grow some balls AFL and make Grand Final day one for the true believers
Ain't happening as long as the AFL is headed by private school boys and has a chairman who also chairs a company with absolute disdain and contempt for their customers.

For those who havnt been to the G and are worried about their tickets.

I go every week to 1 or 2 games and choose to sit in the top level 90% of the time. Allows me to see the whole ground and the structures better. I’m a footy nuffy and like to be able to see the whole thing.

Top levels of the g are fine to me. Not like the nose bleeds in baseball or nfl. It’s a good sport for a broad view.

Also standing room at the G is fun too. I’d prefer to stand or be on level 3 than on the fence to see the game. To be honest. Atmosphere obviously good near the deck. But I like to see where the players should be kicking or running to defend.

(I’m an afl hawks member and wife is Brisbane afl gold)

+1.

Sat centre-wing, level 2 of the southern stand in 2008 & 2012-15.

Honestly, the atmosphere is way better in the cheaper seats. Back when I lived in Melbourne, I'd frequent the 'G - Friday/Saturday night games basically served as pre's. Have sat in every section of that wonderful stadium, and my favourite spot is level 4/Q of the Southern stand. Rows go from A-DD. I love being right up the back, in the nosebleeds - for the purists!

Much like the Gabba, there is hardly such thing as a poor vantage point at the 'G. If you have a ticket, you're bound to have an amazing experience, no matter the allocation.

Last edited:
Been donating for several years by the looks of it for no result when it counted.

For clarity:

Can't see much wrong with anything I've done
Could your bank have stopped the transaction thinking it is a suspicious transaction?
However, i think you would get notified by your bank in that case.
Just a thought.

As Gadzorks says there should be limited corporate seats which is where the AFL milking $ comes in. As far as clubs go I think our september member package is on the cheaper side, some of the other clubs membership packages are ridiculous.

Ideally there'd be no MCC allocation too.

Someone on the pies board said their September member price was $1200. Insane.

I'd find it and quote it but ....

You got 2 category 3 tickets... at least that is the closest to $744 that come out of your account >> $404 + $343 = $747
TypeAdultConcession
Category 1$448$381
Category 2$437$371
Category 3$404$343
Category 4$372$316
Category 5$328$279
Category 6$274$233
Category 7$185$157
R'VIEW / STAND$155$132
Reading through this M Malice after someone else said they were charged $744, despite the old man having a concession membership and thinking we were Category 3 $404 + $316 = $747, I suspect my old man has been debited as a full member I.e., $372x2 = $744 would be probably more likely?

To settle the uncertainty anxiety that many of you legends may experience this week RE your vantage point, these links should help:

Melbourne Cricket Ground Virtual Venue™ by IOMEDIA
Melbourne Cricket Ground | 3D seatmap
MCG - Find my seat
Melbourne Cricket Ground - Interactive All Seating Chart

The IOMEDIA tool, in my opinion gives the most realistic example of an in-person perspective. Reason being, photos make the playing surface seem further away than one's raw vision. The second (3D) one is really good too; make sure to toggle to the MCG tab for the Aussie Rules configuration.

Last edited:
We sit in the cheapest membership with fixed seats (not general entry). Cracker of a spot due to the people - people spending their discretionary money on their passion.

I am part of and I will always pick these people every day over people who have better seats (based on $) and are there to be seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got 2 P2 cat5 come through. Big relief as I’m a paid September Member but didn’t realise what that meant when I downgraded to the 3 game membership this year (fresh kids).

Hope it works out for everyone expecting theirs as we all know how awful that feeling is. The club owes those who’ve been given a guarantee
You are not guaranteed a ticket. You are guaranteed priority ACCESS to purchase a ticket, if you follow the process correctly.

To settle the uncertainty anxiety that many of you legends may experience this week RE your vantage point, these links should help:

Melbourne Cricket Ground Virtual Venue™ by IOMEDIA
Melbourne Cricket Ground | 3D seatmap
MCG - Find my seat
Melbourne Cricket Ground - Interactive All Seating Chart

The IOMEDIA tool, in my opinion gives the most realistic example of an in-person perspective. Reason being, photos make the playing surface seem further away than one's raw vision. The second (3D) one is really good too; make sure to toggle to the MCG tab for the Aussie Rules configuration.

Can vouch for undefined, he's helping us troll danster in the cam rayner thread. You beautiful SOB.

Cam Rayner has the opportunity to do the funniest thing (for the thread) on saturday.

It has been my view on what will eventuate for about a year, yes.

Bad news for our family. We are P1 members. Registered in the ballot okay for the six of us on my brother in-law's credit card, so we can sit together. Unfortunately when it came time to pay, payment failed as unbeknown to my brother in-law, his credit card had a transaction limit less than the sum total. So we missed out on tickets. Apparently there's no recourse with Ticketek. My brother in-law is really torn up, gutted to have let us all down so badly. I/we don't blame him at all, but we are very disappointed, especially for the kids, who've never be to a granny but have heard all the stories of our previous successes. We'll try the club tomorrow, but don't hold much hope.

Still nothing for me, geez I'm going to be gutted if I miss out and feel sick, will call the club tomorrow morning if nothing comes through. Going to live on this thread for the next 6 days. If someone or someones family member has to pull out for whatever reason (I hope not for their sake) I'd happily pay whatever the price in cash in person on the day.
At this point I have 2 more (Priority 3) tickets - Category 7 and standing room. So far I've offered them to family/friends/Melbourne work colleagues but I would much rather sell them to rabid Brisbane Lions fans who I know will at least go some way to offsetting some of the carry on from the toothless brigade.

Bad news for our family. We are P1 members. Registered in the ballot okay for the six of us on my brother in-law's credit card, so we can sit together. Unfortunately when it came time to pay, payment failed as unbeknown to my brother in-law, his credit card had a transaction limit less than the sum total. So we missed out on tickets. Apparently there's no recourse with Ticketek. My brother in-law is really torn up, gutted to have let us all down so badly. I/we don't blame him at all, but we are very disappointed, especially for the kids, who've never be to a granny but have heard all the stories of our previous successes. We'll try the club tomorrow, but don't hold much hope.

Has he upped the limit? It says no redos but a guy on the Collingwood board had the same issue and received an SMS to say they would try to run the card again at 12pm tomorrow. That may be for Collingwood supporters only, I don't know. Best bet to contact the club.

At this point I have 2 more (Priority 3) tickets - Category 7 and standing room. So far I've offered them to family/friends/Melbourne work colleagues but I would much rather sell them to rabid Brisbane Lions fans who I know will at least go some way to offsetting some of the carry on from the toothless brigade.
I’m tempted to make the flight from Perth.. but I’ll wait to see what TheZork’s situation is!

That's devastating. You are a very kind person. I'd be frothing.

I assume you have talked to someone but on the pies board a member got a message that said the credit transaction failed, check your balance and the transaction would be attempted again tomorrow at midday. And the lions posted a message saying keep your phone close because ttek will call if the transaction fails.

Can you put a different card on the account in the hope they try again?

Edit: didn't originally notice that others are in line. Interested behind them 😄

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back