List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast are idiots. They are going to look like right knobs when the club they should be actively competing with over the next few years and with a rise up the ladder through finals have picks 2/3/ another between 8-12 and 18 and they have 1 and 23 and they are actively ReBuIlDiNg.

Brady needs to put his phone on DO NOT DISTURB until November 20...
Eh. I think he's got the right backing and he's actually enjoying himself. Two terrible offers to WC suggests to me that he knows they're a bit uncomfortable about the potential go home factor, and he's sort of rubbing their noses in it just because he can. I like it, there's a bit of spunk about it. The angst on here about the potential for a catastrophic error is really overdone imo

We’ve made another offer. 2, 17, 18 for 1, 23. Rejected by WC.
Now we have confirmation West Coke's price is too high when they are the desperadoes needing more draft picks. I get the sense they really don't want to draft Reid, so lets see what they do if they can't get a deal done. I don't even want to offer #2 and I also want to hang on to a minimum of 4 first round picks, so I'm glad it was rejected. I hope Brady puts the thought of getting hold of #1 out of his head and instead looks at trading up to either #7 or #8. If not, we should be more than good with what we have. We don't HAVE to do anything.

Eh. I think he's got the right backing and he's actually enjoying himself. Two terrible offers to WC suggests to me that he knows they're a bit uncomfortable about the potential go home factor, and he's sort of rubbing their noses in it just because he can. I like it, there's a bit of spunk about it. The angst on here about the potential for a catastrophic error is really overdone imo
What do you think is a fair offer?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’ll go back with one last offer of 2,15,17 for 1 without the 23 this time and if that gets knocked back everyone move on.

I’ve gone from wanting to hold our selections pre trade period, to then wanting us to push for 1, but now I think the thought of trading 3 to the Dees for 6 & 11 and sweeteners would suit us a lot better. Still get our preferred target at 2, Curtin/O’Sullivan at 6, Windsor/Leake (or a slider) at 11 and then still have 15 & 17 to fill needs.

I’m happy with whatever way we go tbh. But I am warming to the idea of splitting 3 with the Dees.

Way more interested in moving up to Geelong or GWS's picks than 1 personally

Twomey said we’d bundled a couple of those late 1st rd picks to push for those 2 selections but had no luck as of yet.

Twomey said we’d bundled a couple of those late 1st rd picks to push for those 2 selections but had no luck as of yet.

Wouldn't be against doing a future pick swap if it'll get it over the line, personally. Next year's midfield heavy and there's good KP players in that pick range. I think we'd be better served snapping them up there than waiting for a prospect in the next few years. A good mutual death ride is always fun too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the way it's always Brady's fault as if he is doing any of this without the input of Clarko and Viney in particular! He is merely the negotiator

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Very true. If the decision proves right then its a team effort. Wrong, Brady cops it in the neck.

Wouldn't be against doing a future pick swap if it'll get it over the line, personally. Next year's midfield heavy and there's good KP players in that pick range. I think we'd be better served snapping them up there than waiting for a prospect in the next few years. A good mutual death ride is always fun too
Probably on the money here!! I reckon Brady's last attempt with something like:
2+15+F1+F2
for
1+F1
NM 1,3,17,18 +WCF1 | WC 2,15,23, NMF1,NMF2

Massive overs for P1/Reid but if those knobs haggle over handing over their F1...then Brady.. tell the c***s to f***off!!

Brady's gone rogue while Clarko's overseas.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Hearing Brady bashed Todd Viney and told him that he's the king of the castle now. Then he kissed a tattoo of Harley Reid on his arm and said "we'll be together soon my love".

We’ll go back with one last offer of 2,15,17 for 1 without the 23 this time and if that gets knocked back everyone move on.

I’ve gone from wanting to hold our selections pre trade period, to then wanting us to push for 1, but now I think the thought of trading 3 to the Dees for 6 & 11 and sweeteners would suit us a lot better. Still get our preferred target at 2, Curtin/O’Sullivan at 6, Windsor/Leake (or a slider) at 11 and then still have 15 & 17 to fill needs.

I’m happy with whatever way we go tbh. But I am warming to the idea of splitting 3 with the Dees.
I'd still want at least 37 coming back. Two late 1sts with nothing useable back is too much.
If it's true Demons offered 6, 11, F1 and pick 40 odd this year then WCE should have taken that.
I'm still curious what "information" the Eagles are still waiting on to make a call if they take Reid or not
I think we probably want Caddy/O'Sullivan/Curtin types so I could see a slide back to Demons pick happening if they don't get Reid.

The walls are closing in on the weagles. They don’t want Harley but at the same time don’t wanna appear weak by selecting another draftee or accepting a deal for pick 1 that’ll be heavily critiqued by media and fans.

Bite the bullet, accept the backlash and be happy with Curtin & Collard.

The walls are closing in on the weagles. They don’t want Harley but at the same time don’t wanna appear weak by selecting another draftee or accepting a deal for pick 1 that’ll be heavily critiqued by media and fans.

Bite the bullet, accept the backlash and be happy with Curtin & Collard.
That's how I'm reading it too

We’ve made another offer. 2, 17, 18 for 1, 23. Rejected by WC.
Interesting offer. Better than the 4 picks we offered (while chuckling) earlier on, but still feels like an offer we expect them to say no to.

IMO with their picks, if they're downgrading to pick 2 they would want to add a couple of later decent picks to their hand because they just don't have enough picks to effectively chip away at their bottom 2 list. Giving us pick 23 flies in the face of that idea.

I wonder if we suspect/know they aren't grabbing Reid and we're just calling their bluff. We're probably the only club that can offer them the pick that guarantees the player they do want, but we're not going to pay much of a surcharge to upgrade from 2 to 1. Which is fair enough too IMO.

At the start of this I thought 2 + 17 would be a great deal, and 2 + 17 +18 would be a bit too much. Current offer is pretty close to the sweet spot for a "typical" pick 1 upgrade imo.

2 + 17 + 18 for 1 + F2?
IMO relatively fair.
West Coast gets the 2 later picks they want.
We improve next years draft hand and still have 1,3,15 for this year.
Most importantly we get to death ride a club :cool:

Biggest downside is that 2,3,15,17,18 is a mother*er of a draft hand that could go down in history if you get them to bond together right.

It won’t be 2/3 no way. It’s if we work with another club to find another top 10 pick.
And one way of doing it would be to trade pick 3 with Melbourne's 6 and 11.

And then we'd have pick 2 and 6 to give them.

Deal done...

But we end up with pick 1 and 11 15 17 and 18.

* that.

Much rather 2 and 3 15 17 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back