State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

The concerning bit is that isn't just "another incident", it's the fact that it has happened at this level. A level he should be breezing through with ease. How could you ever expect him to cope at Test level?

Are a few of you over reacting to what happened to Puc today.
No I don’t think so - it is not normal to be continually hit in the head while batting - this kid has been concussed on several occasions - watching that ball today was a nightmare- he basically lines himself up. Better players than he have had their cards stamped “NTBS” for much less.

More questions than answers in my book - but why is no one helping him?

No I don’t think so - it is not normal to be continually hit in the head while batting - this kid has been concussed on several occasions - watching that ball today was a nightmare- he basically lines himself up. Better players than he have had their cards stamped “NTBS” for much less.

More questions than answers in my book - but why is no one helping him?
Agree but has had concussion issues with being hit in the head by a basketball.As for helping him I agree perhaps leave the short ball alone should be the message to him.Coming off the ground today was perhaps the right thing and do the concussion test,good to see him back out there and nearly a ton.

Agree but has had concussion issues with being hit in the head by a basketball.As for helping him I agree perhaps leave the short ball alone should be the message to him.Coming off the ground today was perhaps the right thing and do the concussion test,good to see him back out there and nearly a ton.
From a technical point of view he did nothing right - not one thing and I understand that he’s susceptible to concussion from bizarre occurrences but I’m happy to have the discussion with anyone who thinks he plays the short ball well - and my reasoning is simple - good players do not get hit and he’s been hit way too many times for it to be “bad luck”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a technical point of view he did nothing right - not one thing and I understand that he’s susceptible to concussion from bizarre occurrences but I’m happy to have the discussion with anyone who thinks he plays the short ball well - and my reasoning is simple - good players do not get hit and he’s been hit way too many times for it to be “bad luck”

Exactly it’s happening way too often to be “unlucky” and today wasn’t even Shield level

Not batting. However that doesn't necessarily mean concussion. Quite often they plan for these guys to only play one innings (for example, Aubrey Stockdale is only bowling second dig).

On Tuesday afternoon, Cricket Victoria’s David Hussey revealed Pucovski had been subbed out of the clash. There’s no suggestion Pucovski is concussed or was withdrawn from the clash because of concussion fears.

Instead, he’s being targeted towards a return for Victoria in the Sheffield Shield on February 3.

“We were pleased with how Will performed in his knock of 89 and he did everything asked of him at the crease,” Hussey said via a statement.

“After conversations with our medical staff and with Will’s history in mind, we have decided it would be sensible to substitute him out of this game to allow him time to prepare for our upcoming Shield game against South Australia which starts in 10 days.

“Footscray’s Dylan Brasher will join the team this afternoon.”

The good thing is that SA have put out a pretty strong side for second XI cricket (Conway, Grant, Doggett (first innings)) so they're playing as good a team as they could have given they had the Strikers in finals.

Sutherland called up for the ODI squad. Means we probably have:

Harris
Pucovski
Kellaway
Handscomb (c)
Maddinson
Merlo
Harper (hopefully he's right)
Perry
O'Neill
Murphy
Boland

On Tuesday afternoon, Cricket Victoria’s David Hussey revealed Pucovski had been subbed out of the clash. There’s no suggestion Pucovski is concussed or was withdrawn from the clash because of concussion fears.

Instead, he’s being targeted towards a return for Victoria in the Sheffield Shield on February 3.

He has to be withdrawn from a 2nd XI game today, for a Shield match starting in 10 days' time? And it is not because of concussion fears?

What an absolute load of shit.

“We were pleased with how Will performed in his knock of 89 and he did everything asked of him at the crease,” Hussey said via a statement.

“After conversations with our medical staff and with Will’s history in mind, we have decided it would be sensible to substitute him out of this game to allow him time to prepare for our upcoming Shield game against South Australia which starts in 10 days.

“Footscray’s Dylan Brasher will join the team this afternoon.”
This is a total embarrassment to peoples intelligence - this is what is wrong with cricket these days - too much bullshit - Jeezus Hookesy I miss you, give me straight shooters over dodgeball any day of the week and don’t treat punters like dickheads

Jai Lemire 148 in Premier Cricket on the weekend.
Was discussion a month or 2 back about next keeper for Vic.
Averaging 8 in second XI cricket. Still, a good effort.

I daresay that Merlo will get a gig at 6 whilst Sutherland is playing for Australia. 111 in the second XI against Doggett, Conway and Grant (the former pair likely to play the next Shield game) then 139 against Melbourne who probably have the best attack in Grade cricket with O'Neill, Prestwidge, Moody and McGillivray. Hopefully he's finally turned the corner into being a consistent FC cricketer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back