Preview 2024 Rd 6 Carlton v GWS Saturday April 20 4:35PM (AEDT) @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Lachie Cowan, Lewis Young

OUT: Adam Saad (hamstring), Mitch McGovern (hamstring)

MILESTONE: Matthew Kennedy 100 games

Round 6 team v GWS
Backs:Lachie CowanJacob WeiteringBrodie Kemp
Half-backs:Zac WilliamsLewis YoungNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Charlie CurnowHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsAlex CincottaHudson O'Keeffe

Last edited by a moderator:
What if that’s the plan though? Getting the ball in as deep as possible, then lock it in to generate scores. The problem with clearing out the space is it invites pressure through interceptions and turnover, and can make you look horrible going the other way. You can’t do both
It is the plan.
The problem is that it's the only plan and we rarely look to do anything else, even when we have space or one-on-one mismatches

As I said- we will see what he can do when he gets hos chance. Fact is no one knows until we know AFL is a totally different game than VFL.
True....so why is Ollie still playing then? Haven't seen him star in the VFL or be at AFL level.... Binnsy at least had been a star in the VFL. Nothing to lose by playing a kid who has busted his ass for over a year for a game with a player who has been gifted games since day dot without earning it.
Only reason for this is recruitment ego, fear of looking silly when your top 10 pick ain't up to it...
We lose nothing dropping Ollie.

I love kemp. Sure the hair is going the same way but think he offers different assets to plow lol

He’s an awkward size though, he’s not big enough to be a big defender. I like how he (generally) attacks the ball, going to be interesting to see what he ends up like. Was a mid fwd when we grabbed him. Maybe just needs to work on the running/fitness and agility
Walshy was quoted a while back as saying Kemp was 195cm now.

He just needs to bulk up now...

Reckon he's getting better and better.

Would love to see him used as a swingman.

True....so why is Ollie still playing then? Haven't seen him star in the VFL or be at AFL level.... Binnsy at least had been a star in the VFL. Nothing to lose by playing a kid who has busted his ass for over a year for a game with a player who has been gifted games since day dot without earning it.
Only reason for this is recruitment ego, fear of looking silly when your top 10 pick ain't up to it...
Do you really think Voss plays 'favourites'?

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Leave him in the midfield and he will be a gun. Sadly he is victim of us having Cripps Hewett Carroll that are similar and us trying to fit them all in
Agree that Kennedy's best position is midfield, but I don't think he's being pushed out by Carroll. It's more that he's filling a need that the team has elsewhere.

I'm hoping we won't end up giving Kennedy the JSOS treatment -- he sacrifices his game for the good of the club only to have (some) supporters say he has no clear role and should be dropped once the injury crisis eases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O’Keeffe an emergency, are the MC losing their minds at the chance to play 3x ruckman :grinv1:

I'd love to see O'Keeffe, but only as a late change for Pitto.

O’Keeffe an emergency, are the MC losing their minds at the chance to play 3x ruckman :grinv1:
I thought it ironic that Essendon beat Adelaide last night with two ruckmen in the team.

I thought it ironic that Essendon beat Adelaide last night with two ruckmen in the team.

Good point, we should get the first score and get Pitto to lay on the ball for the rest of the game.

Good effort cos Draper was f'ing useless

Walshy was quoted a while back as saying Kemp was 195cm now.

He just needs to bulk up now...

Reckon he's getting better and better.

Would love to see him used as a swingman.
Not disputing that’s what Walsh said, but no chance kemp is as tall as cripps or weitering who are listed at that height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back