Preview 2024 Rd 6 Carlton v GWS Saturday April 20 4:35PM (AEDT) @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Lachie Cowan, Lewis Young

OUT: Adam Saad (hamstring), Mitch McGovern (hamstring)

MILESTONE: Matthew Kennedy 100 games

Round 6 team v GWS
Backs:Lachie CowanJacob WeiteringBrodie Kemp
Half-backs:Zac WilliamsLewis YoungNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Charlie CurnowHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsAlex CincottaHudson O'Keeffe

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Martin in particular is very good but he's hardly available for selection through injuries.

I think we need to trade in a proven third tall or small forward type.

Hence Haywood

Yeah he'd be a great get if we can.

Would slot in and fill a position of need perfectly.

List Management is that way :arrowright:

I know people are really getting in on the “we only bomb it in” and “we are too Harry and Charlie focused” trains, but we are currently 5th in the league for goals per inside 50, 6th in points per game, and 3rd for scores per inside 50. And that’s with having played 2 of the stingiest defenses in the league this year in Brisbane and Freo. This would suggest somethings clearly working in this space?
We also played North, Adelaide and Richmond all bottom 6. You can fall in love with statistics all you like but the eye test and gut feel is way more accurate.

We also played North, Adelaide and Richmond all bottom 6. You can fall in love with statistics all you like but the eye test and gut feel is way more accurate.
In what universe is gut feel accurate? Everyone’s gut feel is different, therefore it is by far the least accurate. Also, if stats are seemingly irrelevant, how come premiership teams have similar statistical profiles?

Hearing that Zach Williams will likely be a late out with soreness.
Feeling Old Season 8 GIF by The Simpsons

Even if he did struggle in his first game or 2 most do, Ollie is struggling to get a kick at all and provides no link up like Binnsy does. Game is getting softer and softer with game going closer and closer to touch footy... Binnsy would outnumber at contest after contest and then get it on the outside.... everyone thought jeffy garlett was too thin.....

As I said- we will see what he can do when he gets hos chance. Fact is no one knows until we know AFL is a totally different game than VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My eye test for what it’s worth showed against Adelaide our entry’s where too shallow therefore our kicks where a lot harder.
Adelaide’s entry’s where a lot deeper and consequently had much easier shots on goal

I'm not suggesting we blame someone/anyone in particular but our injury prevention team/department/practices needs a good review.
Except Williams has taken several big knocks the last few weeks, and is coming off several years of being injury prone. If anything, I’m surprised it took him this long to miss a game with soreness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back